miraluka sith in swtor

saiyanjedidmv

so this is a 3 parter:

part 1: are there any non-player character miraluka sith in this game? I've never seen any so I personally don't think so go ahead and correct me if I am wrong.

part 2: how many of you have/are miraluka sith to play as?

part 3: which sith class is more appropriate for a miraluka?

Edited by saiyanjedidmv

so this is a 3 parter:

part 1: are there any non-player character miraluka sith in this game? I've never seen any so I personally don't think so go ahead and correct me if I am wrong.

part 2: how many of have/are miraluka sith?

1: There are Miraluka, and I think pretty much all of them are Jedi. There's one who gives the Republic bonus series on Tatooine, one in the Bounty Hunter class quests in act 2, and I believe one in the quest for the Operation Eternity Vault (might be wrong with that). No Sith I know of.

2: Did you forget a word there? Because the way it is, it's hard to tell what you want to know.

3: I suppose technically both would work, but with the background I'd say Inquisitor. The Inquisitor rises from slavery (and Miraluka are technically Aliens so that works) while the Warrior is of higher class. Also, Miraluka have a special and strong connection to the Force that allows them to see without eyes, and the Inquisitor is stronger with the Force while the Warrior is better with the Lightsaber.

Edited by Darkelefantos

1: There are Miraluka, and I think pretty much all of them are Jedi. There's one who gives the Republic bonus series on Tatooine, one in the Bounty Hunter class quests in act 2, and I believe one in the quest for the Operation Eternity Vault (might be wrong with that). No Sith I know of.

2: Did you forget a word there? Because the way it is, it's hard to tell what you want to know.

3: I suppose technically both would work, but with the background I'd say Inquisitor. The Inquisitor rises from slavery (and Miraluka are technically Aliens so that works) while the Warrior is of higher class. Also, Miraluka have a special and strong connection to the Force that allows them to see without eyes, and the Inquisitor is stronger with the Force while the Warrior is better with the Lightsaber.

The moment Bioware made the Zabrak species available to the Sith Warrior storyline, it actually ruined the all notion of a Warrior being a higher class, which was the original idea indeed.

I don't remember where it was, since it's been a very, very long time but I still cringe whenever I think of this particular moment when I was playing with a friend, who had a SW Zabrak and this NPC commenting on the fact that he was glad alien scum wasn't allowed into the higher Sith. I mean, what?

Still nothing beats having a Pure Blood saying that he has no True Sith blood running through his veins on Foundry. :rolleyes:

The Inquisitor trainer inside the Citadel on Dromund Kaas is a female Miraluka.

part 2: how many of have/are miraluka sith?

I've been entertaining the thought, but unfortunately, I've already got all 22 slots in use.

Inquisitor, but that's just my opinion.

so this is a 3 parter:

There is one. She is an Inquisitor trainer on Dromund Kaas right outside Zash's office. She only has the metal sunglasses, though, so it's a bit hard to tell at first glance.

Until the Cathar came out, Almost all of my characters were Miralukas. I even had a blind trooper. Both of my Sith are Miralukas. They're my second favorite people in Star Wars, with only the Cathar being ahead of them.

Inquisitor. Nearly all of the Miralukas in Sith space are probably decendents of Jedi/Republic POWs, which means generational lifetime slavery. Which means Inquisitor.

Though now that I'm thinking about it, my Assassin said something about being enslaved because she shot back at someone who didn't like her kind...so I'm not sure. I'm also not sure she was being honest.

Edited by Zardac_the_Great

Though now that I'm thinking about it, my Assassin said something about being enslaved because she shot back at someone who didn't like her kind...so I'm not sure. I'm also not sure she was being honest.

Given that the dialogue choice right before that, you have the option of calling out Andronikos for BS-ing you on his own past, I think the idea that this is equally false in entirely intentional. I like to consider it "canon" to my Assassin, granted, but there's no reason it has to be.

2. I have a Miraluka Sith Sorceror

3. Like others said, I think Inquisitor makes more sense than Warrior because of the background--but no one has mentioned how interesting that makes the idea that

Kallig, a former powerful and influential Sith Lord, may then have been Miraluka as well

The moment Bioware made the Zabrak species available to the Sith Warrior storyline, it actually ruined the all notion of a Warrior being a higher class, which was the original idea indeed.

I don't remember where it was, since it's been a very, very long time but I still cringe whenever I think of this particular moment when I was playing with a friend, who had a SW Zabrak and this NPC commenting on the fact that he was glad alien scum wasn't allowed into the higher Sith. I mean, what?

Still nothing beats having a Pure Blood saying that he has no True Sith blood running through his veins on Foundry. :rolleyes:

In any backstory I write for J'mpok, who's a Zabrak, I write that he's basically a Subjugate from Corellia. This would explain why he's rich and stuff.

With respect, I take exception to those putting down Zabraks. All of my toons are Zabraks. They serve both Republic and Imperial Factions. They are all related to one another but have clear definitions of what is best for the galaxy since they serve in all the class roles.

The Zabrak species, lore wise, is pretty evenly split between the Republic and Imperial factions in their loyalties. They have two hearts, and a dense cell structure which helps them resist the pain of torture. They are proud warriors and teach their children from very young ages about martial arts and survival skills.

They are my favorite species. Darth Maul HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to with it, even though he was an awesome character. My reasons are: Zabraks are available to all classes at character creation and they are the easiest alien species to emulate for Halloween. LOL. Thank you.

As for the topic at hand: Miraluka are awesome as they are a near-human Force-sensitive species that is born without eyes and yet they have learned to see through the Force. They can see energy in living things, the solar matter streaming off of stars, and in large numbers can see the future with great accuracy. Darth Nihilus, 300 years ago devoured the life energy of the Miraluka species when he sensed their Force-sensitivity on the colony world of Katar. Their deaths also served a strategic advantage to the Sith Triumverate - Darths Traya, Nihilus, and Sion, as an entire chunk of the galaxy was blind to their movements.

Visas Marr, a dark sided Miraluka, light saber wielding woman, served Darth Nihilus and then the Exile. Then you have the Miraluka in SWTOR as mentioned by the other posters before me. My Friend has a Miraluka Imperial Agent/Sniper.

Edited by Darth_Krushya
spelling grammar

Babble, Babble.

Congratulations for babbling and not actually addressing my point, which is the fact that Bioware cave in to whiners during Beta days and every so often, you get to see dialogue which is paradoxical to say the least, even before the whole Legacy race unlock thingy.

Having a SW Zabrak on DK being refered as a Pure Blood by a Pure Blood Sith or refering to a Chagrian as alien filth, is LoL worthy to say the least. Still, nothing but absolutely NOTHING beats the slap in the face, concerning the one in the Foundry, if you're a SI Pure Blood.

Also, you want talk of races that got smacked in the face and are still around and kicking, regardless? Cathar. Enough said.

Congratulations for babbling and not actually addressing my point, which is the fact that Bioware cave in to whiners during Beta days and every so often, you get to see dialogue which is paradoxical to say the least, even before the whole Legacy race unlock thingy.

Having a SW Zabrak on DK being refered as a Pure Blood by a Pure Blood Sith or refering to a Chagrian as alien filth, is LoL worthy to say the least. Still, nothing but absolutely NOTHING beats the slap in the face, concerning the one in the Foundry, if you're a SI Pure Blood.

Also, you want talk of races that got smacked in the face and are still around and kicking, regardless? Cathar. Enough said.

I didn't see a need to address your point. You made one and I didn't disagree with it. I just feel a kindred connection to the Zabrak species and felt attacked by what you said about Zabraks. That is what I was addressing not your overall message. I didn't see my message as babbling.

• 2 years later...

If you follow canon, Miraluka are primarily light side leaning as a species.

The only exception to my knowledge was Visas Marr, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Visas_Marr. An interesting read. She didn't actually follow the dark side for very long after she fell, but did contribute to a few major conflicts on her return path to the light side. Ultimately she teamed up with Jedi exile Meetra Surik and I guess you could classify her from there as a grey jedi.

so this is a 3 parter:

I hadn't noticed the Trainer, admitted, but why not? I wager they'd be rare, but possible, heck, a Twi'lek is the advanced class guy on fleet.

My Sorc Heals is Miraluka, I've also had a few others, mostly force users on both sides. Interesting people, fun social, really. I love the dark side effect when you use it on players.

Inquis, absolutely. Warrior would be a stretch, maybe if you worked it they were Hybrids or something, say a lineage was weakening and bred with Miraluka to increase their kids' Force Sensitivity or something, I can see that. Even though most Miraluka Hybrids tend to have eyes from what I've read. Total opinion there as a possible why for the SW Miraluka, feel free to disagree.

• 1 year later...
so this is a 3 parter:

I feel like I recall seeing one or two but don't remember where to be honest.

I have a few Miraluka.

Either would be fine really as Miraluka capable of becoming full-fledged sith/jedi tend to be fairly strong in the force. And from what I understand it has been speculated that they take well to martial combat with a lightsaber thanks to their trust in the force rather than actual physical sight which they obviously lack. So there are good enough reasons to use warrior or inquisitor.

so this is a 3 parter:

1: Never encountered a sith miraluka that I am aware of.

2: I have one Miraluka sorcerer, I thought that was the most appropriate to the story.

3: SI easy the SW is so hyped up to be old sith blood that I simply can't justify anything else other than PB or human.

I thought Miraluka made great Inquisitors. Alien race, strong in the force.

What they suck as, is Imperial Agents. :p I get people's love for the blind sniper, but seeing as how you're force sensitive by just being that race, they would be sent to Korriban, not put through to be an Imperial Agent.