"Of the Jedi Council" title?

-Remorse-

I joined the Council at the end of my Cons' story but didn't get the title, so I'm relatively confident that it is no longer in game. It was probably removed simply because they would need to give the other classes an "end of story" title for parity's sake and they couldn't come up with a decent one for all of the classes. Honestly, I'm rather let-down by the Consular titles. The only really good one we really get would be better if it were translated (Barsen'thor = Warden of the Order).

Well, I'm already swimming in titles, at least compared to what I'm used to form select other games. Anyway, I'm kinda satisfied with my "Master", don't think I need more really. But yes, "of the Jedi Council" would be nice. - My reasoning here being that more titles means more diversity, since there is variety in what people prefer. Then again, awarding too many will just make each title less meaningful...

MTFBWY

I was made a member of the Jedi Council even though I was reluctant about it, and got the mender of the rift title.

From what I hear, "The Emperor's Wrath" was taken out for the Sith Warrior. If that's true, then maybe they wanted to tone down on the unique titles so they got rid of it along with the council title. Although there's only one Barsen-thor vs 12 council seats yet that one's still in, so who knows?

How come we do not get the master title after they grant you the title of master after chapter one completion?

You get the title in question after the first mission of Act 2. I'm guess this was to prevent you from getting 2 titles at once.

..... My reasoning here being that more titles means more diversity, since there is variety in what people prefer. Then again, awarding too many will just make each title less meaningful...

MTFBWY

I think that if some titles are accepted when you are playing so not to get too many titles if you accept a certain title (lets say for example 'of the jedi council' if it was part of the game still) then you could not get another title ( eg master)

this will solve many people having the every title for their class or gaining all titles... and have some specific to Each faction light and dark side... so a dark side consuler could have specific titles different to a light side one.

I was made a member of the Jedi Council even though I was reluctant about it, and got the mender of the rift title.

From what I hear, "The Emperor's Wrath" was taken out for the Sith Warrior. If that's true, then maybe they wanted to tone down on the unique titles so they got rid of it along with the council title. Although there's only one Barsen-thor vs 12 council seats yet that one's still in, so who knows?

They changed Emperor's Wrath to Darth because idiot Sith Warriors were complaining they didn't get the Darth title when Emperor's Wrath is way cooler and more unique.

Anyway, we already get an end story title in Mender of the Rift. It's not the best title, but there it is.

Edited by Raltar

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I just finished my story last night and was surprised to receive Mender of the Rift instead of something like "Of the Jedi Council" which seems more appropriate.

I also found on the title on Torhead "<name>, Council Military Advisor" and wondered if it was an equivalent forgotten Jedi Knight one possibly, since my husband plays a Jedi Knight and said they become Supreme Commander of the Jedi or some such stuff. http://www.torhead.com/title/63/council-military-advisor

Edited by Xelestial_Dragon

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I just finished my story last night and was surprised to receive Mender of the Rift instead of something like "Of the Jedi Council" which seems more appropriate.

I also found on Torhead <name>, Council Military Advisor and wondered if it was an equivalent forgotten Jedi Knight one possibly, since my husband plays a Jedi Knight and said they become Supreme Commander of the Jedi or some such stuff. http://www.torhead.com/title/63/council-military-advisor

Thats part of the story line. Knights become Supreme Commander of Jedi forces on Corellia. But you dont get to keep that title.

Thats part of the story line. Knights become Supreme Commander of Jedi forces on Corellia. But you dont get to keep that title.

Well, I know he/Knights never actually received a title for that part of the storyline but I was wondering if the one I linked is currently in-game as something anyone can attain or if it was maybe a forgotten one for Knights that never made it into the game. I thought it could have been intended for Knights because of that storyline.

Edited by Xelestial_Dragon

• 2 months later...

I was really worried I picked the incorrect choice for the title on my Consular. I took the reluctant route of convo with "That seat will always etc etc".

I was really hoping for a title like this. As was said, I earned it. Got given the position. Now I'd like the title :<

• 2 months later...
I joined the Council at the end of my Cons' story but didn't get the title, so I'm relatively confident that it is no longer in game. It was probably removed simply because they would need to give the other classes an "end of story" title for parity's sake and they couldn't come up with a decent one for all of the classes. Honestly, I'm rather let-down by the Consular titles. The only really good one we really get would be better if it were translated (Barsen'thor = Warden of the Order).

I was proud to get the Barsen'thor title and we get the Master title before the Jedi Knight does. :D

I was proud to get the Barsen'thor title and we get the Master title before the Jedi Knight does. :D

It seems odd to me the Consular just has to defeat Vivicar to get promoted to a Master (and get the title) while the Knight has to

kill the Emperor (even if it is a fake one)

in order to become a Master.

knights used to get general instead of master if they were dakr but whiney people whine over not being a master so it was removed.

• 1 year later...
we ever find if this title was really in game or not?

Holy necro batman!

It's in the game files, but it's not been implemented. It was originally supposed to be the title for completing Act 3 with a sufficiently high Light Side rank but was removed for any of a number of reasons (penalized Dark Side characters; spoilers; Knights that were angry that they couldn't join the Council; etc.).

There are a *lot* of titles that exist in the game files but were removed or never implemented. It was originally intended that every planet would have a title, but that idea was scrapped under the supposition that it would dilute the importance of titles (which seems funny to me, given the sheer glut of titles in game right now).

• 2 weeks later...