Eric? Update as promised?

Arandem

Even if we were to accept your premise, that makes 2 - TWO, DEUX, DOS, ZWEI, два, DUE, LIANG - adaptable Jedi outfits in the game. YET, there are 2,736 (an approximation) versions of Alderaanian noble outfits in the game. Aside from the closing moments of Episode 3, non-orbital Alderaan is not depicted in the movies. SO, I think it is reasonable that we get at least 1 or 2 alternate Jedi outfits.

Two points 1) to be consistent with this logic BW should remove alll Smuggler, Trooper & BH outfits that are similar to those outfits depicted in the movies 2) as Alec pointed out, BW used traditional Jedi outfits in KOTOR (300 years prior in the timeline) and in promotional material to support SWTOR.

There are plenty of "traditional" Jedi robes available besides the ones I mentioned. The people complaining won't ever be satisfied with anything they add to the game. Stop wasting time splitting hairs.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

As requested, here is an update on “traditional” robes being brought into SWTOR. I think the first thing that is important to realize is that traditional can mean different things to different people. Although I know many folks are looking for the “Obi Wan” appearance, we won’t just copy and paste that in. With that being said, we have already brought some armor into the game that is a bit more traditional, such as Relnex set in the Supreme Mogul’s pack. In talking to the Cartel Market team we also have two more “traditional” Jedi armor sets in the works. One you will see in a future pack… and another which will be a direct sale item. You should see both of these within a few Game Updates from now, I don’t have exact timing at this moment.

I hope that answers your question!

-eric

Hey everyone!

As requested, here is an update on “traditional” robes being brought into SWTOR. I think the first thing that is important to realize is that traditional can mean different things to different people. Although I know many folks are looking for the “Obi Wan” appearance, we won’t just copy and paste that in. With that being said, we have already brought some armor into the game that is a bit more traditional, such as Relnex set in the Supreme Mogul’s pack. In talking to the Cartel Market team we also have two more “traditional” Jedi armor sets in the works. One you will see in a future pack… and another which will be a direct sale item. You should see both of these within a few Game Updates from now, I don’t have exact timing at this moment.

-eric

Merci beaucoup, Monsieur Musco. It's at least something :)

Well, at least the robe people got an answer.

Us "Class Story" people are so boned... :(

They've commented on Class story multiple times with "no." And I'm fine with that. Sort of.

.......I just want more Kira romance >.>

Exellent news, been waiting for this since release.

Kind of hoping they will have something like the traditional robes both with and without the outer robe.. and with long sleeves like the ragnos robe instead of those silly short sleeves.

The ragnos robe shows they can do it after all. So they need to make those sleeves again for a jedi robe.

But but but.... why not copy Obi Wan, he is the awesome of the awesomest :(

I'm willing to pay for good looking robes... And I don't think there is a lore reason why this is not possible. Nor any "technical" difficulty.. they are rather simple. Valiant Jedi Armor is awesome though. Making more gear in that style is also good :D

The Relnex set is kinda dull, too dull. And that horrible belt... please, don't ever put belts above the robe :)

p.s. Ragnos robe is step in the right direction too, with them nice sleeves.

Edited by DarrelK

Hey everyone!

-eric

Rejoice :rak_03:

Hey everyone!

-eric

Eric, what does "traditional" mean to you? :)

They've commented on Class story multiple times with "no." And I'm fine with that. Sort of.

.......I just want more Kira romance >.>

I think a lot of people would be happy if they just added more companion interaction to the stories, even if they don't want to move forward with more class stories.

Hey everyone!

-eric

So I'm assuming your art team is busy adding flaps, shoulder pads and ungodly backpacks to the robes as we speak? Ah, thought so.

Hey everyone!

-eric

K thanks for the update! hoping this new traditional armor will be even more... traditional :D

Duran'del here:

I dont wear belts(too much work, LOL) but I'm pretty sure thats how a belt holds your pants up.

Re read my post. on the outside of something other than your pants. Example: wearing a bathrobe over your jeans and then putting on a belt. belt wouldn't hold up the pants because it isn't connected to it. same with the way the jedi roes are.

Now, how about some Mandalorian armor that doesn't suck?

Mandalorians suck, so it works out.

OT: My Guardian uses the Guardian's Exalted armor and I think it is perfectly traditional and yet tanky, I am extremely happy with it. There are tons of great armors in the game, I get that more choices is always better, but I really just don't get why this is an issue.

Hey everyone!

-eric

As always EAware is locking there content away behind their cash shop.

When are you going to provide content that isn't forced through the cash shop? Why can i not go and kill a rare Jedi/Sith on a planet to get their robes instead of spending more then the cost of the monthly sub?

I guess this:

Is your take on SWTOR then.

Edited by SaltZ