Roll needs a nerf

jgoldsack

roll as an ability I have no issue with. Nor do I have an issue with it in pvp normally... however...

I feel in huttball, it is way OP. Roll should drop the ball, much like how Phasewalk drops the ball when used. I have to drop my Phasewalk in order to use it, and endure a 45 second cooldown to use it again, but a smuggler has no cooldown on it (scoundrel of course), doesn't have to pre-place anything, and can carry the ball half the field... 8 rolls possible if they are able to replenish their energy. It is also faster than Force Speed, which makes them VERY hard, if not impossible to catch once they get on a roll...

That is the ONLY issue I have with roll. I do not understand why it can carry the ball, yet phasewalk cannot.

I await the "L2P" replies that i know will be coming. And yes, I even pvp with a scoundrel, and I feel it is way OP in huttball.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To allow roll while carrying the ball is the most absurd feature this game ever had. The first time I saw it, I had to let my team mates convince me that it's working as intended. It's so stupidly off the charts that I thought that it's an exploit, or at least a bug. Edited by Cretinus

It will be nerfed at some point I'm quite sure but BW typically operates on a 6-8 months recurring interval when it comes to these things.

I fully expect it to have a 6 seconds CD around Christmas.

Not even talking about giving it a CD, but as long as it's spammable it should at least make you drop the ball. It's such a ridiculous I-win-feature that it's hard to believe that it's fully intentional the way it is.

I have no idea why the roll needs to be nerfed in HB. Sure, a scoundrel will be the first to grab the ball but once you place a slow on them, that roll is worse than useless since it takes up so much energy and only moves you 6m. There are so many counters to the roll (not just slows). Any team getting beat solely by a rolling scoundrel would have lost anyway.

On a slight tangent, Guardians/Jugs are still the best ball carriers. No scoundrel roll is going to change that.

It's about being spammable, stop acting stupid on purpose. Jump and sprint have a CD.

And they work different and are far better in use in the end.

Stop crying about the roll, the ability for its cost and use is absolutely fine.

Or let Jump / Pull drop the ball, too.

I'm surprised nobody else has brought this up yet.

Hope this is ironic. There are dozens of threads by frustrated Assasins / Juggernauts, that are no longer the kings.

Edited by LovarBoy

Not spammable. There is a big difference.

Spammable and has a major energy cost. In the case of huttball, it also only moves the scoundrel 6 meters instead of 12. Gunslingers get their full 18 meters, but that's on a cooldown.

It's not as big of a difference as people like to make it seem.

You can jump 30m. You can roll 12m. See the difference?

If it's not spammable, it will be lot less useful than the other speedboosts.

The issue isn't the spammableness of it.

It is that it is spammable AND can still carry the ball farther than ANY other ability.

Jump needs to have a target to jump to.

pull needs someone to pull you. (inversely, pulling teh ball carrier into the fire would now drop the ball, just sayin).

Sprint is 4 seconds.

Thats it.

Edited by jgoldsack

Spammable and has a major energy cost. In the case of huttball, it also only moves the scoundrel 6 meters instead of 12. Gunslingers get their full 18 meters, but that's on a cooldown.

It's not as big of a difference as people like to make it seem.

Actually it is. I completed a number of huttballs where the scoundrel rolled pretty much from the first firepit on the lower level, all the way to the end zone in a matter of seconds, taking no damage in the fire, all teh way to the goal and scoring.

Not once.. but 5 times.

and just so you know, even at 6m, if the scoundrel has full energy and probe on cooldown, they can roll 8 times. That is 48m. In a matter of seconds.

Oh and for those who said to drop ball if you leap or get pulled... go for it. Take them away. And reduce the cooldown of them while you are at it too.

no spammable ability that can move you half the field distance in a few seconds should be able to carry the ball.

Okay, Force Speed should drop the ball, too - I forgot to mention it.

Roll along the platforms FTW. Seen it happen a LOT. I don't believe I ever said rolling in the pit.

Yeah and that's a difference relating to Jump. You can jump vertically. You can't roll up and down in the air.

Edited by LovarBoy

Okay, Force Speed should drop the ball, too - I forgot to mention it.

Yeah and that's a difference relating to Jump. You can jump vertically. You can't roll up and down in the air.

So explain to me why I cannot hold the ball while I phase walk, but rolling with the ball is fine.

That is the ONLY issue I have with roll. I do not understand why it can carry the ball, yet phasewalk cannot

For the exact same reason Intercede and Leap can..

Roll is so easily locked down, anyone moaning about it genuinely doesn't play tactically, or their team doesn't.

So explain to me why I cannot hold the ball while I phase walk, but rolling with the ball is fine.

Not even sure if this is a serious question?

I don't know.. maybe the fact roll only jolts you forward like 12m or whatever it is, and Phasewalk makes you completely vanish and reappear 60m away wherever you planted it..

Edited by Jayshames

Because you can get virtually from the ballspawn to the goalline in one phase walk. Stupid question.

Don't worry. You have competition for "ridiculously OP in huttball," but not real competition. Shadows and guardians are still "just better" classes to have. Your world has been shaken, but not destroyed.

Edited by stringcat

For the exact same reason Intercede and Leap can..

Roll is so easily locked down, anyone moaning about it genuinely doesn't play tactically, or their team doesn't.

So again.. why can phasewalk not carry the ball then? And it has even way more limitations than the other abilities mentioned.