Stop Double XP Fridays, Weekends, and Mondays!

Lunatic_Asylum

At least make them optional, Bioware. People are losing their paid time by not logging in during the period when they outlevel any content too fast.

Please.

So you out level the content? you can still DO it if you are above level. no one has content blocked because they level faster, if people don't want to skip content? they don't have to.

On the topic of outleveling content:

Maybe I was level 49 for the level 44 class quest, but my mods and so were for level 34 so that canceled each other out :D

Haha, YES, I leveled my sniper from 28 to 37 over the weekend, but was still using mostly lvl 24-26 mods, so when I got to Taris I was getting absolutely killed by Gold Elite rakghouls. (Poor Kaliyo was getting 5 stacks of armor reduction because she's still got her level 22 or 24 shield generator.)

Haha, YES, I leveled my sniper from 28 to 37 over the weekend, but was still using mostly lvl 24-26 mods, so when I got to Taris I was getting absolutely killed by Gold Elite rakghouls. (Poor Kaliyo was getting 5 stacks of armor reduction because she's still got her level 22 or 24 shield generator.)

I leveled my merc from 30 to 40 only through fp's and a few class missions, so I had the mods from boarding party a few from foundry and 1 or 2 pieces from cwg.

it was a bit of tricky doing the ilum dailies (normal ones not event) with level 47 ^^

Sure a lot of people will have leveled a toon real fast. Shame those same people probably won't know how to use them properly......

This double xp weekend thing needs to be optional. I level toons for the content and its not fun in the slightest to be far too high for the area you're in. I expect to be able to level properly at the proper pace not have to skip stuff because I'm 10-20 levels too high.

I actually think that BW have made a big mistake in doing this double xp but my way of compromising (as I know I'm in the clear minority...) is to say they should at least make it optional.

Also think I'm going to boycott lvl 50 pvp for a good while.....

Edited by Zoidrinali

At least make them optional, Bioware. People are losing their paid time by not logging in during the period when they outlevel any content too fast.

Please.

Play your toons that are already 50 if it's so troublesome. I LOVE the double XP!!!

TL;DR

I have too much time on my hands and can't find anything useful to do.

I need a reduced leveling rate so I have to grind womp rats for XP between quests.

I want to work for every little reward I earn in game, because that's how we did it in the SWG Alpha.

Sure a lot of people will have leveled a toon real fast. Shame those same people probably won't know how to use them properly......

Oh no, I leveled my merc so fast, even as I have a mando I surely won't know how to play it. :rolleyes:

I need a reduced leveling rate so I have to grind womp rats for XP between quests.

Uhh grinding womp rats, that sounds like fun :D

Edited by Never_Hesitate

I enjoy the double xp weekends a great deal. I don't skip hardly any content. If I am a higher level than normal for an area I play through it anyway. I already have a few 50's, so this is giving me the chance to experience other classes in a not-so-grindy environment.

I've accepted the fact that Bioware most likely won't set this promotion optional. I'm still going to do bonus series and other side quests, because this is my first Republic character and hearing the new VO is pretty kickass. (People in need are actually people in need... and not imperials who can't do their jobs.) Besides, it's cool to see my Jedi Knight saber block practically every shot. More heroic feeling.

However, knowing that you could be heading to 50 faster by skipping the content is the bane here. Doing these side quests while they still give XP makes it worth not only the content experience, but the leveling experience as well. Without leveling experience, the progression feeling of the quest flies right out the window.

This past weekend was fun... for alts of the same faction. But when you're a new player or starting your first character on the other faction (like me), those "all-the-same" side quests still have VO and still have purpose.

Lastly, for those telling us to just not play during the weekends... Ask yourself if that request is even considerate for someone with a full-time Mon-Fri job.

Oh no, I leveled my merc so fast, even as I have a mando I surely won't know how to play it. :rolleyes:

As the intelligent person I'm sure you are of course you'll know where I'm coming from when I say there will be a lot of people who have leveled a class they've not played before or started and promptly left for 6 months (leaving it at lvl 10-15...whatever low level).

So I say again those people who lvl a class in this fashion are not going to know how to properly play the class.

As the intelligent person I'm sure you are of course you'll know where I'm coming from when I say there will be a lot of people who have leveled a class they've not played before or started and promptly left for 6 months (leaving it at lvl 10-15...whatever low level).

So I say again those people who lvl a class in this fashion are not going to know how to properly play the class.

Yes, I know what you mean.

tbh the people who don't know how to play their class while leveling with double xp, would most likely not know how to play their class even if they leveled with the normal amount of xp

Heh. But, it is not hard to "learn to play" at all. As I mentioned in another thread, people do this already outside of the double xp weekends. They respec at 50 to begin endgame content. And they get up to speed in very short order. There are plenty of resources including the class forums that help jump start this. And BTW, it is an excellent way to put your dailies to good use. Besides... most players looking to power level now are doing so on their alts. They know the game and the mechanics. Getting to 50 is no longer a learning process for them.

Edited by Rafaman

tbh the people who don't know how to play their class while leveling with double xp, would most likely not know how to play their class even if they leveled with the normal amount of xp

My assessment as well.

Fast level or slow level.. won't make any difference on this.

Insta level to 50 would... but that's not the issue here really.

Please.

Was this an attempt at a troll? Your name along with this post makes me think you are just trying to get attention.

+1 make it optional.

What you wanna do at high end content anyway? run dailies with 16 chars? run fp with 16 chars?? After more than year, it's boring as hell.

Only thing this game is outstanding is the story quests you go from 1 -> 50. Now you spoil it with this.

I can get char from 1-> 50 in one week if i go purely PvP + fast run FPs and dont need any double xp - Is this not fast enough for you?

I for one HATE this feature. So what i ask is, just option to turn it of ffs.

You can now go and run around wildly screaming how good this double XP is, i dont care about you, as you dont care about noone else either.

If your concern is that double XP ruins the only outstanding thing for you - the story quests - why are you doing purely pvp and fast run flashpoints to level quickly?

Story quests alone won't get you anywhere near leveled highly enough to just do them, you have to do the world quests, or pvp, or flashpoints, etc. to level up enough to continue on the story quests. After 10 different imperial alts, I for one am far more tired to doing several of the story missions than I am of doing 50 pvp, but I can take a break from 50 pvp when I want to do so, I can't skip the world quests I want to skip if I want to level (I am equally bored of flashpoints, and lowbie pvp can be awful - not to mention the more you do it the worse your gear rating gets if you don't keep up).

The double XP allows me to skip the world quests I don't want to do and keep doing the ones I want to and prevents me from getting burned out. All of that said, it might be more trouble than it's worth for Bioware to make it optional. If it's a big deal for them, I'd rather they not worry about it. If it would be simple and easy for them, I think they should make it optional so people like yourself who don't like it have the option to turn it off (though you are, by far I think, in the minority on the issue).

I enjoyed getting double xp on my alts, BUT

I'm very much FOR the idea of making it optional. allow people who don't want to use it, to turn it off. click it off, or whatever.

that way people who like it - can have what they want. and people who don't like it - can keep playing on their terms and everyone is happy.

I wouldn't have any problem with them giving us the option to turn off double XP....doubt anyone could come up with a legitimate argument against being able to have that option. I don't care for the double XP as I enjoy leveling alts. But I wouldn't go so far as to say "people are losing their paid time". I gained some levels on a healer toon since those are usually slower to solo level and just did the class stories mainly on that toon and ran Gree stuff with my 50's who aren't affected by the double XP. Not sure how many paid subs there are these days who don't have a 50 that they could have run over the weekend, but if they've been around awhile and still don't have a 50, then they probably don't play all that much anyway.

Please.

I got my tank to level 50, will be one more tank in group finder EVERY DAY.

I got my healer to level 50, will be one more healer in group finder EVERY DAY.

How this is bad? Explain to me please.

Oh we shouldn't have double xp DURING THE MOST CONVENIENT PLAYING TIME because you can't log in? I suppose we should have server down time at peak hours too. Outlevel content too fast? I am on my 5th bounty hunter. (3bh, 2 troopers) I don't want to see the content and this promotional xp is a great way to get to where I like my toons to be at. I fully support the double xp weekends. I have seen them work in other games and it gives people an incentive to log in and play. Also, lowbie toons need armorings, mods, enhancements and the like to keep up with the fast progression. There is a great opportunity to make funny money.

Dear god , why?

I guess people aren't here for the story ... :rolleyes:

Overleveled =/= end of the world. I make sure I always over level anyway...so no difference to me haha.

I love story but after you've leveled 3-4 alts to 50 it's painful to level more threw the same boring side quests... The only interesting thing about doing an alt is to get it's class story, with double xp you can just do the class story and planet story and skip all the side quests allowing you to get at the meat and potatoes of this game...

I glad their actually giving us several double xp weekends, it allows me to finally check out the class stories I was going to skip on because I couldn't stand to do the same side quests all over again for the umpteenth time...

If you don't want double xp then go play on your 50's during the event...