A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

I dropped my sub as well...It's also probably a feeling disgust and anger with Bio refusing to say a single thing...I like this game, it's just I've never seen such an apathetic company like this.

115 pages and not a word from Bioware since the 15th? I just don't know what's left to say about their lack of support for their players. It's appalling. I never thought I'd say this but here is goes: "And I thought SOE was bad..."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid i do not share your optimism, I see this going either way a reduction or cartel surely it must have been spotted.

Just one response and no update very strange me thinks, I thought they had confirmed that this is working as intended?

Oh, it's working as intended I'm sure. I don't think there's any reason to expect them to reverse their decision, UNTIL it starts impacting subscriber rates and Cartel sales - $ is the only thing they care about.

Oh, it's working as intended I'm sure. I don't think there's any reason to expect them to reverse their decision, UNTIL it starts impacting subscriber rates and Cartel sales - $ is the only thing they care about.

By then, it'll be too late. I'm amazed that people smart enough to earn MBAs can't see that.

Then again, they're the same MBAs whose solution to people leaving because the game wasn't worth the sub fee was to remove the sub fee rather than add stuff to the game to make it worth paying for. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, we’d like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.

Strong work. Thanks!

Hi everyone,

*stunned* :eek:

That's an awesome, awesome response.

115 pages and not a word from Bioware since the 15th? I just don't know what's left to say about their lack of support for their players. It's appalling. I never thought I'd say this but here is goes: "And I thought SOE was bad..."

You mean to say that they didn't post a response over the long weekend when no one is working?! The horror!

Tuesday was the only actual business day since they made a comment, and it's the end of the world.

O_O awesomeness. They answer it, my sub is safe XD

Juaz, all my friends read this a few moments and run to reactivate the subs, even they migrate to Tera Online, but that game is not SWTOR, they returned, unrepentant, Tera is easy to leave, but not SWTOR.

Your feedback is important to us,

Does this mean that we will see more development responses to the requests in the Cartel maket, the questions about what ROTH will bring in, news on the SSSP or even the direction of the game.

On the whole the only development team responses we get is when something is broken such as the login server, after the development team have changed something and either broken it or clearly not tested it enough such as the change to repair costs or 2 days prior to the launch when its all a little too late and rushed such as Patch 1.7

There seems to be very little direction and less communication with the playerbase. When are we going to see the game progress and the galaxy make some meaningful leaps forward other than a couple of text based quests. Where is the continuation of the class stories and where is the galactic war that should be raging. Instead it seems we are exploring the gree and fighting the Dread Masters who should you ask why they are doing this the response is who knows! Great writting there really made the conflict come alive.

Juaz, all my friends read this a few moments and run to reactivate the subs, even they migrate to Tera Online, but that game is not SWTOR, they returned, unrepentant, Tera is easy to leave, but not SWTOR.

Is good to hear.

Aside: What's your native language? Just curious. Your English is really good but your patterns show you're not a native speaker.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the update, good news.

Maybe he is not, just like 98% of the Earth population is not speaking english

I know he's not. It's plainly clear by his sentence structure and word usage. Thus my curiosity.

It's a cool thing. It's great that so many cultures encourage language education.

Hi everyone,

NICE :) And thank you for your update to this issue, and your equitable resolution.

Looks like we are on the same page here, 'cos I was just writing a snippet of C++ pseudo-code to help with their solution. LOL. Good timing!

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]int[/color] repairStation::evalRepairCosts( objPlayerCharacter *toon )
{
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]int[/color] repairCost = ....... ;
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]return[/color] repairCost [b][color="Lime"]/[/color] [color="Yellow"]2[/color][/b] ;
}

Anyways, look forward to the coming changes.

Cheers!

Maybe he is not, just like 98% of the Earth population is not speaking english

I'm from Venezuela, live in Panama, my language is Spanish, :3 I have some kind of mixing between english and spanish sometimes.

Hehehe, about 98%, I think English is great as a global language, is easy to learn, and is clear about concepts, and all good Metal music is from UK hahahahaha

Edited by Kiniski

Hi everyone,

Good news yes they understood that the way taking shells into account to repair cost was wrong.

Hope people wont miss last line that repair cost will go back to normal in couple months when expansion comes, just temporary "gift" for us.

Edited by Divona

Good news yes they understood that the way taking shells into account to repair cost was wrong.

Hope people wont miss last line that repair cost will go back to normal in couple months when expansion comes, just temporary "gift" for us.

I'm afraid many people inevitably will miss that last line (or not read the post at all), and we will go through this whole song and dance again once the costs return to normal.

Hi everyone,

Thank you Joveth.

Just to be perfectly clear, PvP shells that were valued at 1 credit have been the cheapest to repair during this. I assume that this will bring all PvE gear (no matter the color) to a level around what the PvP armor repairs for now?

Assuming that's correct, great solution.

I'm afraid many people inevitably will miss that last line (or not read the post at all), and we will go through this whole song and dance again once the costs return to normal.

By normal mean no shell included, so, is going to be normal indeed.