Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kolto Overload needs an immediate nerf!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Kolto Overload needs an immediate nerf!!!

TrueNovaZero
12.18.2012 , 02:38 PM | #21
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Had me going there. XD

But actually, on my long list of PvP Achievements (that is, things to do in Warzones for the fun and bragging rights like getting top medals while being unspecced), one of them is getting 3 kills in a warzone with the finishing blow being Retaliation/Riposte.

(And I've done it several times. I love running Vengeance and sometimes -- when they have 2% hp left and you're between GCDs and their heal is about to land, it's so funny how shiny that non-GCD-respecting button looks...)

RyanReagan
12.18.2012 , 02:43 PM | #22
I use it when I"m running between nodes.
Really they should just make it so that flame burst procs automatically fill your health. I can't seem to beat operatives.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

UGLYMRJ
12.18.2012 , 02:47 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Wookieenator View Post
A couple words gore ravage scream retaliation.
I'm assuming not in that order?

It's interesting to see other peoples perspectives on the same class but I have a hard time seeing the benefit of retaliation > massacre.

Once again I'm derailing my own thread but I just don't see the benefit of the rage dump for a smaller hit. I'd love to get schooled 10 months into the game. Especially if you're telling me I can do even more damage.

TrueNovaZero
12.18.2012 , 03:18 PM | #24
Ehn, I have a marauder too and when you have an excess of Rage, it doesn't hurt when you've got the 4 piece vindicator set. It's all a burst Rage/Focus dump (well, the idea is to squeeze as much as possible in those 5 seconds after you land as possible). Does hurt though.

But as far as useless abilities go... Expertise (Shadow's Kinetic Combat Spec). Because 9% extra damage TOTALLY matters when your stance only hits for 312 damage. -.-'

SteelsBrighter
12.18.2012 , 03:24 PM | #25
As a day 1 vengeance jugg, I laugh at your ignorance of retaliation's usefulness.
Server: Previously Darth Bandon, Xferred to The Shadowlands
Allegiance: Imperial

Redsnow Legacy: Steelus - Juggernaut \ Ephyris - Sorceror

MelliMelon
12.18.2012 , 03:31 PM | #26
Bravo.

That was hilarious. I think the scoundrel AoE cone (blaster volley) may be more worthless. This thread is especially hilarious because just today I was dueling a PT, and I died, and he had his heal thing on, and my dots finished him off anyway.

Prettyevilish
12.18.2012 , 03:52 PM | #27
Clearly the solution is to nerf operatives.

And I'm pretty sure my tankassin's force cloak is 80% useless. Almost every time I pop it, someone's delayed ability (saber throw, almost always saber throw) goes off and turns it off on me as I'm trying to heal.

DaedalusV
12.18.2012 , 04:01 PM | #28
I see your Kolto Overload

And raise you with sage/sorc autoattack.
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

UGLYMRJ
12.18.2012 , 04:06 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DaedalusV View Post
I see your Kolto Overload

And raise you with sage/sorc autoattack.
If you mean the default attack... I think you're under estimating the laughs had when finishing someone off with it. Any time I own someone bad I try to finish em off with it just to troll.

Jadescythe
12.18.2012 , 04:12 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
If you mean the default attack... I think you're under estimating the laughs had when finishing someone off with it. Any time I own someone bad I try to finish em off with it just to troll.
I don't even have it on my quickbar. All the strength I'm stacking is going to waste I guess.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here