Bolster PVP gear in ops

Umm...also, If I may, There was a set of free pve starting gear once upon a time by the name of tionese, sure it wasn't good, at all, but it was free and PvE. Just wanted to point that out.

Umm...also, If I may, There was a set of free pve starting gear once upon a time by the name of tionese, sure it wasn't good, at all, but it was free and PvE. Just wanted to point that out.

There was also a set of free pvp recruit gear, but those so called pvers were too dumb to equip it, that's why bolster was implemented.

There was also a set of free pvp recruit gear, but those so called pvers were too dumb to equip it, that's why bolster was implemented.

+10 haha lol they probably sold it to repay for a youtube reinacting wipefest :p

If PVP is a .5% minigame why are there PVP servers and what are those people supposed to do?

This is blatant bias. I hate boring PVE content. Its AI it does the same thing over and over it cannot ever be a challenge cuz there is no human behind it. If there was no PVP I would not play at all. PVE exists to lvl only.

I don't care what mechanics there are in OPS of FPs cuz I wont ever be in one. But bolster needs to go. Immediately. I'm SHOCKED that a game maker can treat an entire section of its population so badly and still have a game. I guess lots of people just wanna kill the same monster the same way over and over to get gear to kill that same monster again when it does more damage faster, big challenge.

REMOVE BOLSTER yesterday!

what you just posted about pve is EXACTLY what pvp is. you have only 8 mob types since launch. you have only a few instances. there is no world pvp. how can you keep queueing up into the same instances (warfronts) for pvp, kill the same 8 almost exactly the same spec mobs who will react almost the exactly the same way and call that challenging and not boring. even if they react differently you know you have a newb and will farm him for the valor piñata that he is. that is pvp now days.

pvp is a minigame. it started out that way and still is in all mmos that copied the WOW pvp mechanic. eq1 had real pvp where you actually could only have ONE toon and you got to loot one item from a person when you killed them. it had none of the loser in warfront getting rewards crap.

pvp is nothing more than a minigame that solo players who play intermittently can log on and work toward some gear at their leisure. also it attracts the more instant gratification type of gamer which the op comes across as. imo pvp coupled in a pve mmo has ruined many with its mechanics being forced on pvers. but that is a different topic altogether.

raiding is a gear progression in every mmo. some have made it better than others but it is still there. you need beginning raid gear for the beginning raid zone(s) and then progress from there from lesser difficulty to more difficulty. some pvp has this too but the thing is. in pve you must actually WIN all the time.

bolster was only added to pvp to help SAVE it. since it was added more players got involved and played it on the pve servers. without it it would have died and bioware would have lost even more subscriptions. that is why we have bolster.

there is no need to change pve just because pvp was designed as a failure in this mmo.

so you actually think pve is near as good as pvp gear in pvp? I do about 10% less dmg and take around 15% more dmg if i use pve gear rather than pvp. But like I said, just because you cannot kill someone does not make their gear better or even the same as yours.

Since there is no gear progression, go buy some cheap greens off the gtn and use them, according to you they are the same as partisan/conqueror. Post your results

ya but if ur in pve gear in all 72's/75's you will do more than 10% more dmg and have more than 15% dmg reduction over somebody in full conq/partisan gear. think what u want tho lol.

i know this for a fact cuz most of my 55's have pve gear when i do pve and i have 1 char in full conq gear. the pve geared chars do better simply cuz of the HUGE stat difference. i dont really care if they change this or not since i have several 55's and i have pve and pvp gear so dont matter to me. i just think it is funny you leave out this half of the information to try and prove your point with half truths.....just shows you are either ignorant or you leave this information out cuz you know you are wrong lmao.

Someone plays a minigame worth about 0.5% of the content and thinks he ought to be spoonfed the remaining 99.5%. Funny.

I give it 1/5, try to find something original by yourself next time.

AhhhhHHHH

Why are we letting French people have an opinion on these forums? +1 for PvP gear getting a bolster in operations.

what you just posted about pve is EXACTLY what pvp is. you have only 8 mob types since launch. you have only a few instances. there is no world pvp. how can you keep queueing up into the same instances (warfronts) for pvp, kill the same 8 almost exactly the same spec mobs who will react almost the exactly the same way and call that challenging and not boring. even if they react differently you know you have a newb and will farm him for the valor piñata that he is. that is pvp now days.

pvp is a minigame. it started out that way and still is in all mmos that copied the WOW pvp mechanic. eq1 had real pvp where you actually could only have ONE toon and you got to loot one item from a person when you killed them. it had none of the loser in warfront getting rewards crap.

pvp is nothing more than a minigame that solo players who play intermittently can log on and work toward some gear at their leisure. also it attracts the more instant gratification type of gamer which the op comes across as. imo pvp coupled in a pve mmo has ruined many with its mechanics being forced on pvers. but that is a different topic altogether.

raiding is a gear progression in every mmo. some have made it better than others but it is still there. you need beginning raid gear for the beginning raid zone(s) and then progress from there from lesser difficulty to more difficulty. some pvp has this too but the thing is. in pve you must actually WIN all the time.

bolster was only added to pvp to help SAVE it. since it was added more players got involved and played it on the pve servers. without it it would have died and bioware would have lost even more subscriptions. that is why we have bolster.

there is no need to change pve just because pvp was designed as a failure in this mmo.

LOL please do NOT compare PvE with PvP. PvP is, and always will be, way more dynamic than PvE will ever be. PvE is just static. I'm not sure how some people enjoy having to farm the same mobs over and over again, and beating the same bosses with just 3 different difficulties and a few more mechanics added into the harder ones. Don't try and make PvP sound at least almost just as static, because that doesn't work.

But it's funny how you PvE'ers want for bolster to stay away from PvE. I /agree tenfold to the addition of a bolster in PvE instances.

"Hey, Bioware. You know that broken system that you will never get right? Can you port that over to another portion of the game, too? It'll totally make it better." Edited by Octom

AhhhhHHHH

Why are we letting French people have an opinion on these forums? +1 for PvP gear getting a bolster in operations.

Because we rock your pants and we do it 4 teh lulz.

OT : denying PvP is a minigame is... denial.

But it's funny how you PvE'ers want for bolster to stay away from PvE. I /agree tenfold to the addition of a bolster in PvE instances.

At fist I was certain that this is just trolling, but somehow I fear you might actually think any of your suggestions might actually be anything but a terrible gamebreaking idea.

The argument about bolster not working that well for PvP alone should be enough of an answer and end this discussion.

I’m sure a lots of people have already said this, but here are my two cents as a casual PVP and PVE player:

When you say that this is a two way street then you’re looking at this in the wrong way. You want to compare PVP and PVE just on one simple fact that they are both gear progression driven. Well, there are at least one other thing you should consider. PVE is really an even leveled playfield. If you go SM, you get SM level mobs, if you go HM, you get HM level mobs and so on. If you know your gear and skill level, then you can go on and progress without banging your head on a wall.

The same cannot be said of Warzones. There are no categories for no pvp gear, semi-pvp gear and full pvp gear WZs. So you’ll be in games where peeps are on different gear level. Without bolster (or recruitment PVP gear), you’d only get your behind handed to you on a silver plate (based only on gear, not skill of the player), if you’re not wearing PVP armor.

If you compare that to PVE, it's like if you’d go into a SM FP or OPS, but some of the mobs are HM or NiM level. You cannot kill them ofc, and you’ll just die several times before the game says: here are your comms for trying, better luck next time.

Just like it’s the same, when it comes to the well equipped players. Doing a HM55FP in 69 gear is a faceroll and boring the same way as killing a 0-expertise bloke, when you’re in full Conqueror.

I can only see a few solutions here. (And none of them is break PVE, just because PVP got broken.)

• One is the recruitment PVP gear, but it seems that wasn’t good enough.
  • Second option is no expertise, no gear lvl difference between PVP and PVE. Which apparently didn’t turned out to be the solution either.
  • Third is no gear difference in PVP matches what so ever. Which I would hate on so many levels, but it certainly makes an even leveled playfield. Just without the carrot.
  • The forth is the bolster system. Which is in fact an enforced recruitment PVP gear. Problem here was the implementation. What I would do now with this system, is that I’d still implement recruitment PVP gear for all classes and all of their roles, just like pre-2.0, but only in stats. So when you enter a WZ and you have an item that you don’t have expertise on, that gear’s stats would be changed to the closest one of your advanced class recruitment gear. PVP gear would be still better, but you won’t be facerolled only based solely on your gear. (Good PVPers would still farm you if you suck, but that’s the nature of the beast).

Edited by Atyaman
mistakes