Nerf

Sir_Galapagos

Who remembers when operatives could come out of stealth and do 6k damage with one ability? Who enjoyed getting hit for 6k with one attack? Who thought they needed a nerf?

Well months later we have the same problem except with focus guads/sents. They leap to you and do 6k with the first attack. How is this not nerfed yet. If operatives aren't allowed to 6k in one ability certainly the much more tanky guards and sents shouldn't be able to either.

and thats why focus guards and sents NEED A NERF (so do pyro-techs)

Just take the 30% armor pen from Focus, stick it in Vigilance for Shien in place of Gather Strength (bye bye that talent) and they could fix 2 trees with 1 move.

((Focused Resonance could probably go 5/10/15 instead of the current 10/20/30.)) OVERKILL on nerf, but probably likely, given current complaints.

Then in place of Shi-Cho mastery, give them an ability that makes force sweep not break any CC, say 33/66/100 chance.

Losing the 30% armor pen would be a minor nerf, but alllowing focus specs to aoe more reliably in PVE and PVP by not breaking mezzes could be beneficial.

Edited by Creslan

Just take the 30% armor pen from Focus, stick it in Vigilance for Shien in place of Gather Strength (bye bye that talent) and they could fix 2 trees

I think this alone would go a long way towards fixing both trees. It would be a simple and very reasonable solution to all the problems with both trees.

I never believed Operatives needed nerfs....maybe they needed the first one, second was not needed. Every time an Operative joins group the first thing that comes to mind is "Enrage Timers Here We Come" for raids. Now Guardians only have one decent DPS spec after 1.4 because of Smash getting buffed to be amazing. So while I admittedly do have a Jugg DPS and though he isn't Smash Spec I really hate to see the only thing I like about him taken away in an instant for when I come to terms that Vengeance/Vigilance isn't good anymore and I need Smash Spec for PvE content. Don't make Jugg DPS worse than Op DPS. And ya Sents/Maras need more nerfs....just nerfing their CD and healing produced in Annihilation/Watchman wasn't enough.

I never believed Operatives needed nerfs....maybe they needed the first one, second was not needed. Every time an Operative joins group the first thing that comes to mind is "Enrage Timers Here We Come" for raids. Now Guardians only have one decent DPS spec after 1.4 because of Smash getting buffed to be amazing. So while I admittedly do have a Jugg DPS and though he isn't Smash Spec I really hate to see the only thing I like about him taken away in an instant for when I come to terms that Vengeance/Vigilance isn't good anymore and I need Smash Spec for PvE content. Don't make Jugg DPS worse than Op DPS. And ya Sents/Maras need more nerfs....just nerfing their CD and healing produced in Annihilation/Watchman wasn't enough.

i totally agree with operatives not needing the nerfs, and i would hate to see guardians on the level of operative dps currently perhaps it will improve the middle tree to nerf focus.

Who remembers when operatives could come out of stealth and do 6k damage with one ability? Who enjoyed getting hit for 6k with one attack? Who thought they needed a nerf?

Well months later we have the same problem except with focus guads/sents. They leap to you and do 6k with the first attack. How is this not nerfed yet. If operatives aren't allowed to 6k in one ability certainly the much more tanky guards and sents shouldn't be able to either.

and thats why focus guards and sents NEED A NERF (so do pyro-techs)

Honestly Operatives needed an adjustment, not a nerf. The whole thing could have been solved with 1 simple change to game mechanics. No more tech damage. Done. If they had altered it to be like normal melee/ranged damage right out of the gate maybe MAYBE a small nerf after that if it didn't tone things down enough. Big maybe. But I believed that would have toned things down enough simply because they needed to adjust stats.

With Smash-spec it's a cheap and short Overpowering that needs it's burst toned, and it's through-put increased. Getting pushed while smashing means the smash goes off... somewhere. In PvE and PvP it's got nice numbers, but overall Vig is the better spec by miles simply because of utility abilities (if they'd just get the damn tanks out of the tree we'd be even better).