Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadow tank % questions

Dorowena
12.29.2017 , 02:32 PM | #1
I am new to 70 and i would like to know what raid evasion others have. For some reason i have an ilvl of 230 and i am still getting hit kinda hard. Might be because i do not have all the dynamics of all the fights down, as of yet, or something else... but i was curious about hp/absorb/defense % and stuff. If there is a link that i have not found yet... please link it so i could look up and try to gear according.
Fyi; i am a new 70 so just trying to get tier1 stuff... and with tier1 stuff could i do veteran flashpoints?

Ilvl230-
accuracy 111.00%
Health 101327
armor rating 10205
damage reduction 40.70%
defense chance 36.55%
shield chance 60.21%
shield absorption 31.35%

Think this will be set enough for master flash points?

stravos
12.29.2017 , 03:26 PM | #2
As an assassin/ shadow tank knowing your rotation and defensive abilities is critical. I would suggest you go to Dulfy as a start and read the guide over to get going. Then work on getting the gear along with augments and stims.

I have been an assassin/ shadow tank for many years and once you have it down it's a really fun profession.

But if you ain't got the rotation down then it will be real rough.

Dorowena
12.29.2017 , 03:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by stravos View Post
As an assassin/ shadow tank knowing your rotation and defensive abilities is critical. I would suggest you go to Dulfy as a start and read the guide over to get going. Then work on getting the gear along with augments and stims.

I have been an assassin/ shadow tank for many years and once you have it down it's a really fun profession.

But if you ain't got the rotation down then it will be real rough.
This has nothing to do with the questions. Please read before posting

toyfanatic
12.29.2017 , 04:49 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dorowena View Post
I am new to 70 and i would like to know what raid evasion others have. For some reason i have an ilvl of 230 and i am still getting hit kinda hard. Might be because i do not have all the dynamics of all the fights down, as of yet, or something else... but i was curious about hp/absorb/defense % and stuff. If there is a link that i have not found yet... please link it so i could look up and try to gear according.
Fyi; i am a new 70 so just trying to get tier1 stuff... and with tier1 stuff could i do veteran flashpoints?
SHORT answer: buy the survivor gear and with the bastion implants and earpiece. use relic of fortunate readout and reactive warding. Put all your augments in absorb. Its not perfect and as you gain experience and learn the fights you can tweek it.
LONG answer: Tankasins have a lot going for them BUT its a very loaded question. a lot of people have multiple sets. IE A HIGH sheilding set for some fights and a HIGH absorb set for some fights. I also have a endurance set for a few fights I believe the extra endurance helps out. I have been a tankasin since 1.2 and the many changes make it very complicated. Unlike the heavy armour tank classes it a whole different relm of tanking due to the shadows cooldowns. Because you will have certain fights where with the right cooldown and adrenal you will be temporarily invincible. Other fights you will nearly be oneshotted, its a balance thing. communication with healers is needed so they don't continuously over heal you during a boss fight. If your looking as numbers guy read what keyboard ninja has done for number crunching. Its hard to get the perfect optimal stat since the devs have changed what defensive stats are in enhancements. The new augments have also given stat changes. My point is the class is harder to master than the other two tanking classes. As a jug tank there are many fights you can just take it in the shorts and survive. Sin is different, there is a learning curve you have to go through to become a good sin tank. PT tanking is almost idiot proof, Jug tanking is easy, sin tanking takes skill.

GOOD LUCK
a veteran shadowtank

Equeliber
12.29.2017 , 05:05 PM | #5
I currently have 3321 defense, 1298 absorb rating, 2442 shield rating, that puts me at 38.15% defense chance, 49.74% shield chance, 45.90% shield absorption and 135523 HP. Not full 248 gear but close to it. Game says 247 item rating.

I think that's close to as good as possible at the moment. May be could even drop some Defense Mods for Power mods as my defense is probably too high.
Klorea, Sith Marauder Ael Vienne, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

Dorowena
12.29.2017 , 06:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
I currently have 3321 defense, 1298 absorb rating, 2442 shield rating, that puts me at 38.15% defense chance, 49.74% shield chance, 45.90% shield absorption and 135523 HP. Not full 248 gear but close to it. Game says 247 item rating.

I think that's close to as good as possible at the moment. May be could even drop some Defense Mods for Power mods as my defense is probably too high.
Thank you so much!!!!

Ilvl230-
accuracy 111.00%
Health 101327
armor rating 10205
damage reduction 40.70%
defense chance 36.55%
shield chance 60.21%
shield absorption 31.35%

Think this will be set enough for master flash points?

LordTurin
12.29.2017 , 09:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dorowena View Post
This has nothing to do with the questions. Please read before posting
Maybe he didn't answer the exact question you asked, but he answered the question you should be asking. Your gear is fine, and with bolster in FPs and SM OPS, you should simply not be worried about gear. You should however, be worried about your rotation (shadows get a huge amount of mitigation through their rotation) and dcd usage (which honestly don't matter that much for fps and sm OPS if you are using a shadow if you have a good rotation).

You came here asking for advice, which is awesome and you should definitely do that. Just don't fall into the trap of gear meaning that much when it comes to content, and refusing advice on your actual gameplay. I've seen way too many good players who get hung up on gear, or being convinced that their rotation is perfect, and it very rarely ends well for them.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Dorowena
12.29.2017 , 10:11 PM | #8
[QUOTE=LordTurin;9506348]Maybe he didn't answer the exact question you asked, but ..../QUOTE]

Q: Do you want salt or pepper?
A: Tangerines! - Answering a question with a random saying makes you come off as a tard.

There is a lot of information on rotations, there is even more about it than i want to read. There is NONE on the % .

I asked about the % not tangerines, so please stay on topic and could i ask what your % numbers are?

If not please do not reply

ZouYan
12.30.2017 , 08:23 AM | #9
All tanks gearing is kinda personal preference. I wud tho highly recommend at least 2000 shield and 1400 absorb. Also for modds i woud run the warding B mods until u r comfortable with the class the switch them out for lethal B mods. For relics i wud recommend the focused retribution and shrouded crusader.
Co-GM <Lightning Masters> <Pull Burn Profit>
Mortema | Tsouyen
26/26 NiM post 5.0 | 5/5 Timed Runs
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/

Evolixe
12.30.2017 , 01:03 PM | #10
Have you tried just going in there and winging it?
You should find your answer pretty fast.

That's how I do things anyway.

There is no universal answer really. Some players make things work never thought possible by others.
In the end it is the player that makes the difference. Not so much the gear.
I think 230 is probably above the bare minimum for any form of 5man content.
Evolixe | Exilove
Disciples of Babylon - Darth Malgus
Shadow/Sin Discord Server