(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER

ZionHalcyon

I am creating this thread in the hopes that anyone who wants to talk about the story and doesn't mind being spoiled will post it here rather than all over the forums.

IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS, I HAVE CREATED A THREAD FOR YOU HERE:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=969580

SO GO NO FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

****************************SPOILER WARNING - SPOILERS EXIST BEYOND THIS POINT*******************************

Edited by ZionHalcyon

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just as long as people use the spoiler tags -- you KNOW, there are people who will complain (and not read)

even when there are TWO threads -- so let's just do it so we keep that to a minimum .... I love spoilers, so I won't be one of the ones complaining ...

Edited by Tashia

Ok, so I bit my tongue on this long enough.

I am JAZZED to see the Sith Inquisitor have the option to demand her seat back!

If they are giving this sort of consideration, then down the line rejoining the empire and having storylines that make sense aren't more than just a pipe dream. I'm hoping there are nods to other class stories as well when I play through.

Best line so far by a character in the story --- Lana's -- congrats Lana --- I laughed for a long time after that one

( her meeting remark to Arn)

What line are you talking about?

I genuinely laughed when Lana said she might have to invest in lighter clothing now since I asked her to join the Republic. Really, not just this, but a lot of the characters had a very "personal" touch to them. They weren't one dimensional "here's your mission, go do it". They had unique characteristics towards them which I liked.

Did anyone else feel like we were watching an extended cartel market commercial during all of the cut scenes?

The way they paused and highlighted EVERY armor set , panning up and down to show them off, lol.

On the good side, a lot of what we're going to get via the cartel market looks nice at least.

Will be interesting to have holographic characters...

im so indifferent on the final choice. Like I wanted to join Acina but as the Wrath having served several masters who have betrayed or tried to kill me i wasnt inclined to serve again and lose all i worked for. However I really wanted to be part of the empire again. Literally hardest choice ive ever made in this game. Hopefully i'll still be affiliated with the Empire despite declining becoming a member again.

So, Tharan Cedrax showed up, but my Consular hasn't had an email or met up with him afterwards. He has been removed from the unavailable companions list but isn't any where else on any other list. Is he supposed to join us or not?

Edited by serenitty

So, Tharan Cefrax showed up, but my Consular hasn't had an email or met up with him afterwards. He has been removed from the unavailable companions list but isn't any where else on any other list. Is he supposed to join us or not?

not sure tbh, i couldnt get him either. he may be set up for later

Did anyone else feel like we were watching an extended cartel market commercial during all of the cut scenes?

To be completely honest, I feel like some of the new chars are overdesigned.

I don't mind getting cooler looks, I just wish it always translated into a general improvement towards character creation options and not just stuff you can buy to look out of place in the vanilla story.

Wanted to make the Iso-5 ships stand out :)

Nice touch! Been waiting to see some sign of followup from previous story besides passing mentions of past exploits. I remember when Marr acknowledged them back in his end of SoR speech and hoped we'd eventually see them come into play :D

Onderon is nice, Mek-Sha is nice. Outside of these, the only interesting aspect of the expansion is the Kira/Scourge epilogue. I'm honestly stunned at just how creatively bankrupt, banal, unintriguing and boring the story of Onslaught was. "Fleet going to defend/take Corellia". That's literally it. All headlined by same-old-same-old Malgus. Half of the time playing the expansion I had deja vu of vanilla content I already beat 8 years ago.

Say what you want about the execution of KOTFEET, the Valkorion part in particular, but in comparsion to Onslaught, that story was a tsunami of fresh ideas, massive cast of surprising characters, new cultures & civilizations, unexpected developements, twists & turns, intrigues, mysteries, etc.

Seriously Bioware? "Rehashed Malgus Imp vs Rep plot of the day" is your idea of SWTOR's story going forward? You CANNOT blame me for expecting more from professional writers

Currently at work (lunch break) so can't play for awhile yet but could anyone give an indication if Theron is around much? I don't mind spoilers. :D

Plenty. Along with [faction newbies], he and Lana are by your side most of the time and there's some good flirting and kiss at the end. I've been extremely pleased with the interactions.

So, Tharan Cedrax showed up, but my Consular hasn't had an email or met up with him afterwards. He has been removed from the unavailable companions list but isn't any where else on any other list. Is he supposed to join us or not?

I saw a post on reddit from a dev saying that he has an Alliance Alert coming soon, it just wasn't ready for 6.0's launch.