Loot Discipline - What is the Point of Toggle?

DawnAskham

What is the point of the new toggle to set loot discipline?

I mean seriously - three weeks in and I'm still getting nothing but healing gear from rewards that state 'based on your discipline' when my discipline / loot discipline is set to a dps spec.

Specifically, I have received two full healing sets (Revitalized Mystics and something else) with dupes now for my sorc / sages when their discipline and loot discipline are set to balance / madness.

Is this intentional? Is Bioware trolling me? Am I the only one?

Edited by DawnAskham

What is the point of the new toggle to set loot discipline?

I mean seriously - three weeks in and I'm still getting nothing but healing gear from rewards that state 'based on your discipline' when my discipline / loot discipline is set to a dps spec.

Specifically, I have received two full healing sets (Revitalized Mystics and something else) with dupes now for my sorc / sages when their discipline and loot discipline are set to balance / madness.

Is this intentional? Is Bioware trolling me? Am I the only one?

Your thread isn’t the first one to report this either :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971604

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971553

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971520

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=970649

This is my experience too.

* DPS Sorc = Healing set bonus / tactical’s or generic set bonus tactical’s (ZERO DPS set bonus drops)

* DPS Assassin = Tank set bonus / tactical’s or generic set bonus tactical’s (ZERO DPS set bonus drops)

* DPS Jugg = Tank set bonus / tactical’s or generic set bonus tactical’s (ZERO DPS set bonus drops)

* DPS Merc = Tank set bonus / tactical’s or generic set bonus tactical’s (ZERO DPS set bonus drops)

It seems to me the only part of the toggle that sort of works is for the other stuff like generic gear, enhancements, ear, relic and implants don’t drop specific tank stuff (defence shield etc). But there is are plenty of cross over items like discipline enhancements, mods etc.

The DISCIPLINE TOGGLE DOES NOT WORK FOR SET BONUSES unless you are a tank, healer or have a class that has a DPS parent spec and only DPS secondary specs. Aka, snipers and Maras, which can only be dps

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Your thread isn’t the first one to report this either :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971604

This is my experience too.

* DPS Sorc = Healing set bonus / tactical’s or generic set bonus tactical’s (ZERO DPS set bonus drops)

* DPS Assassin = Tank set bonus / tactical’s or generic set bonus tactical’s (ZERO DPS set bonus drops)

* DPS Jugg = Tank set bonus / tactical’s or generic set bonus tactical’s (ZERO DPS set bonus drops)

* DPS Merc = Tank set bonus / tactical’s or generic set bonus tactical’s (ZERO DPS set bonus drops)

It seems to me the only part of the toggle that sort of works is for the other stuff like generic gear, enhancements, ear, relic and implants don’t drop specific tank stuff (defence shield etc). But there is are plenty of cross over items like discipline enhancements, mods etc.

The DISCIPLINE TOGGLE DOES NOT WORK FOR SET BONUSES unless you are a tank, healer or have a class that has a DPS parent spec and only DPS secondary specs. Aka, snipers and Maras, which can only be dps

This is strange. I got 2 set bonuses for healer on my Sorc, but also 2 for DPS (lightning spec). There was a time (after I got to 306 on DPS) when I switched to healer loot to get 306 healer gear too. So I don't know whether I got the 2 dps set pieces as DPS or healer loot spec. What I do know is that I got a lightning DPS tactical as a DPS, because it was the first piece I got from a Hammer MM run.

This is strange. I got 2 set bonuses for healer on my Sorc, but also 2 for DPS (lightning spec). There was a time (after I got to 306 on DPS) when I switched to healer loot to get 306 healer gear too. So I don't know whether I got the 2 dps set pieces as DPS or healer loot spec. What I do know is that I got a lightning DPS tactical as a DPS, because it was the first piece I got from a Hammer MM run.

I’m seeing a pattern here for people not seeming to have this problem.

1. They run both dps and healing spec and switch between.

2. They run both dps and tank spec and switch between

This would suggest there is a trigger not set right unless you switch specs or toggle the drop to spec you don’t use at all.

Hence, there is a problem for people who only play dps and don’t play healers and tanks.

Unfortunately this can’t be tricked into working is you are a Merc getting tank stuff or a Mara getting tanks stuff.

Bioware need to look at this. Even if it’s only affecting some players and not everyone. There are certainly enough threads and posts to suggest this isn’t isolated to a handful of people on the forums. And when you consider most people don’t post on the forums, there are a crap load more people in the game with the same problem.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’m seeing a pattern here for people not seeming to have this problem.

1. They run both dps and healing spec and switch between.

2. They run both dps and tank spec and switch between

This would suggest there is a trigger not set right unless you switch specs or toggle the drop to spec you don’t use at all.

Hence, there is a problem for people who only play dps and don’t play healers and tanks.

Whatever the 'problem' is - they need to address it - this is ridiculous that now for three weeks I've gotten nothing but healer spec gear (two full sets) and NO dps gear at all.

Trash gearing system is trash - the old coms / drops might have been a bit slower (not that much with alts), but when I turned in a token, I got the peice for my spec.

Same with the annoying Ossus grind - at least I got dps gear not healer set get that buffs abilities I don't even have.

Edited by DawnAskham

Whatever the 'problem' is - they need to address it - this is ridiculous that now for three weeks I've gotten nothing but healer spec gear (two full sets) and NO dps gear at all.

They actually fixed it on the pts within a week. So I’m extremely pissed off that it’s nearly 4 weeks now and they can’t be bothered to fix it in the live game.

It’s like they went afk on holidays as soon as the expansion dropped and are back to skeleton crew. It feels like everyone who was working on 6.0 was transferred the next day to another project and nothing will get fixed in 6.0 or if it does, it will be months away.

So much of 6.0 still feels like it is in beta and shouldn’t have been released yet.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Did you guys actively chose a discipline or did you just left the toggle alone with its automatic choice? Because I've noticed that when you first spec a character it says the discipline in the parenthesis but when you choose - even if just confirming the one it already says it's active - the chosen discipline among the 3 listed is highlighted in orange. I always actively choose and I never had an issue with "wrong" loot so far (from bosses or crates. for random mobs is normal that's it's completely random).

Did you guys actively chose a discipline or did you just left the toggle alone with its automatic choice? Because I've noticed that when you first spec a character it says the discipline in the parenthesis but when you choose - even if just confirming the one it already says it's active - the chosen discipline among the 3 listed is highlighted in orange. I always actively choose and I never had an issue with "wrong" loot so far (from bosses or crates. for random mobs is normal that's it's completely random).

I've tested both - using the default 'as current' option (which shows your current discipline as the loot discipline) and selecting the specific discipline - either option still gives me healer set gear on my madness / balance sorc / sages.

As others have said, I've also gotten tank gear on dps guardian, healer gear on an arsenal merc, etc, etc,

Edited by DawnAskham

Another week of opening reward boxes - getting loads of healer and tank gear, a fair amount of generic items, and one actual class specific dps item (generic for base class) - when EVERY character is dps with loot set to dps discipline.

Trash system is trash.

I've tested both - using the default 'as current' option (which shows your current discipline as the loot discipline) and selecting the specific discipline - either option still gives me healer set gear on my madness / balance sorc / sages.

As others have said, I've also gotten tank gear on dps guardian, healer gear on an arsenal merc, etc, etc,

I’ve done the same for with my Sin, Jugg and Sorc.

• 1 month later...

Seems Bioware won’t even respond to their own bug thread on this incorrect loot dropping. So I’m sharing again in this thread in the hope someone can get us an answer from inside Bioware.

Incase you haven’t seen or read the bug thread. Here is a link. I feel because the bug thread is out of sight, no one sees it and they hope they won’t have to fix it. Sorry Bioware, that’s not how it works.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9794040#post9794040

My fellow players, keep these threads going. Only player resolve will get them to take any action (as we’ve proven in the past they won’t do anything unless we keep the pressure on)