World First Renown 999?

lordoftransform

You were told that one of benefits is gaining 99900 tech fragments. Not even counting plus several times more earned during grinding it. Do you really have to ask, what is the benefit of having several hundreds of thousands tech fragments available for gearing?

Your passive aggressive attempt to refute that there is no benefit to Renown 999 is baseless, like a house built on a swamp. You get TF by grinding. There is no lump sum TF award at Renown 999 as you mislead. You get the same amount of TF at Renown 1 that you get at Renown 999. Thus your post only reinforces my conclusion that there is no benefit to Renown 999. Thank you for your support.

Also, the next xpax will likely change "Renown" to "Rewind'' and reset to 0. Renown 999 is a grind for the sake of grinding.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your passive aggressive attempt

I only acted as a mirror here, merely reflecting the PA you threw towards OP for his own accomplishment.

I also must agree with your argument, that for renown rank 999 you get the same 100 tech fragments as for any previous rank. But there are other benefits you gain for reaching rank 999: 20 free cartel coins, 100 achievement points and a legacy title "Limitless". And before you try to make argument here, I want to remind you, that just because these things may not be benefits for you, it doesn't mean, they are also not benefits for others...

Edited by black_pyros

Hey man! Don't hate! Appreciate! Even if we do not share in his devotion to grind renown levels, and even if it requires little or no "skill" it's still an achievement nonetheless.

I mean, let's be real lots of things are recognized as being noteworthy and worthy of celebration but aren't especially hard to accomplish. Just the will and fortitude OP had to accomplish his achievement is worth acknowledging imo.

Also, this was a great thread. It has brought a lot of people together. That's the important part. :)

Agreed,

well done OP.

So out of interest what is your gear rated at on that character?

Again well done.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

20 free cartel coins, 100 achievement points and a legacy title "Limitless"

I fully appreciate that one man's trash is another man's treasure, which is the crux of what you said. But I measure "benefit" from an objective perspective. i.e., what a reasonable person believes to be a benefit. Grinding Hammer Station for weeks or more likely months on end for a free haircut at the appearance modification station, minimal achievement points and a "Limitless" title is not a benefit from an objective perspective.

Would 20 coins even get you a free haircut or would it just be a discount on a haircut? If it's just a discount then it's even more worthless.

You should work in a factory, they'll love you. Jokes aside, it's cool if it makes you happy but I find world firsts only really interesting when it involves skill, like NiM content. But hey, if it makes you happy that's all good.

Why do you assume Renown 999 makes the OP happy? How do you know that beyond bragging on a message board, the grind did not make him more sad to the point of having an existential crisis? Every time you grind Hammer Station a piece of you dies inside. At Renown 999, you are essentially the Walking Dead.

On November 4th, 2019 at 6:41pm EST I achieved renown rank 999 due to some serious grinding. Due to some prompting by my friends, I've decided to post here on the forums displaying my acquisition of Limitless. I believe I may be world first for getting to this point, but at this moment I do not know for sure. Good luck to all fellow renown grinders!

https://imgur.com/gallery/OUuRXkq

That's some dedication... tip of the hat to you

Why do you assume Renown 999 makes the OP happy? How do you know that beyond bragging on a message board, the grind did not make him more sad to the point of having an existential crisis? Every time you grind Hammer Station a piece of you dies inside. At Renown 999, you are essentially the Walking Dead.

If you choose to persist at doing this yourself and then brag about it, surely you must have some sense of satisfaction from it. I don't think it's a strange assumption to make.

Man it must suck to be you, so much negativity in you I'm shocked you even function. :p

Always....

:rak_01:

Man it must suck to be you, so much negativity in you I'm shocked you even function.

Negativity or positivity is quite inconsequential. This is not a self-help book and you are not Tony Robbins. There are facts. i.e., free haircut at Renown 999. Then there are facts shrouded in the illusion of rainbows and unicorns. You believe in the latter variety because you are Miss Positivity!

Negativity or positivity is quite inconsequential. This is not a self-help book and you are not Tony Robbins. There are facts. i.e., free haircut at Renown 999. Then there are facts shrouded in the illusion of rainbows and unicorns. You believe in the latter variety because you are Miss Positivity!

I saw Tony Robbins at a show. It was a waste lol. "If you don't like your life, change it." Is basically all he has to say.

On November 4th, 2019 at 6:41pm EST I achieved renown rank 999 due to some serious grinding. Due to some prompting by my friends, I've decided to post here on the forums displaying my acquisition of Limitless. I believe I may be world first for getting to this point, but at this moment I do not know for sure. Good luck to all fellow renown grinders!

https://imgur.com/gallery/OUuRXkq

Congrats!

So glad you posted as I was just wondering today if it was gonna be possible to get to 999 before they reset it.

Yea man his buddies thought he should do it, it wasnt even his idea. Then he never responds back to his own thread.

This is fake news.

Are you claiming it's fake? Go find him on Star Forge and inspect his character.

And not surprised this thread is still going, people must always find a purpose for something that suits them, or otherwise it's a "waste of time".

And not surprised this thread is still going, people must always find a purpose for something that suits them, or otherwise it's a "waste of time".

That's a great statement. I find that the most concerning thing about people in general, nowadays. Seems worse since we tend to use social media outlets for our communication, which is ironic in my mind.

I find when people make suggestions that others aren't interested in, those people who ought be apathetic instead seem inspired to be sure to poo-poo the suggestion only because they wouldn't consider it something useful to them.

Why is this? Why even bother commenting, if you don't care about it? Like this thread... I honestly place zero value on grinding renown at a record pace, but I wouldn't comment negatively on it.

It's the same thing, if someone makes a love Vector thread, I wouldn't get in the thread and create debate on whether or not Vector is lovable just because I find him as annoying as a gnat flying around my face. (Fitting he's part bug.)

I think records are fun, just to see where the boundaries are at for human performance, so this post was nice in that regard, just seeing how far some players pushed themselves to grind this out as fast as possible.

I find when people make suggestions that others aren't interested in, those people who ought be apathetic instead seem inspired to be sure to poo-poo the suggestion only because they wouldn't consider it something useful to them.

Why is this? Why even bother commenting, if you don't care about it? Like this thread... I honestly place zero value on grinding renown at a record pace, but I wouldn't comment negatively on it.

You're a walking contradiction. You declare others should be barred from opining on whether something is a waste of time but in the same breath you pontificate that others you disagree with are wasting time. Then you cheerlead Renown 999 but in the same breath you admit "I honestly place zero value on grinding renown at a record pace". Anything that has zero value is, by definition, a waste of time. Thus you have declared in politically correct fashion that grinding Renown 999 is in fact, a waste of time.

Edited by ReeRoo

So its clear that the OP was farming the turrets in Umbarra Flashpoint, which gave too much renow points. On one hand this is remarkable as the encouter spawns 12 turrets which give 10k points which is 120k renow points, then you vanish or stuck it and repeat.

One Renow rank is 160k points he gained 160 milion Renow points that means 1332 encounters of the turrets.Sure these are just the numbers, it might have been different. We tried one encounter and it can be done in under 4 minutes. This means around 90 hours of playing the same encounter. by playing 6 hours a day, it took 15 days, but the time played can be different.

Like I said on one side its remakrable, on the other side its really an exploit, since besides getting the achievement you were also getting fragments for every renow rank and was able to buy the set bonus pieces. You get 100 fragments per rank, which means he got almost 100k fragments, which equals to 33 set bonus pieces, so 4 full set bonuses. Whether its a waste of time, I cant really say, you just need to look at the numbers and judge for yourself. The only thing I know is that there is an achievement and people will want to get it, somehow :)

[stuff]

You're one of those people that thinks you should get a prize for climbing Everest or it doesn't mean anything... aren't you?

It's a mountain, OP climbed it well before anyone else did, therefore it is an accomplishment. doesn't matter how they did it, or whether there was a special prize for it... they simply did what no one else did, first.

You're one of those people that thinks you should get a prize for climbing Everest or it doesn't mean anything... aren't you? It's a mountain, OP climbed it well before anyone else did, therefore it is an accomplishment. doesn't matter how they did it, or whether there was a special prize for it... they simply did what no one else did, first.

Wrong. Renown 999 is not equivalent to climbing Mt. Everest. Climbing Mt. Everest takes an ungodly amount of skill, physical and mental prowess, preparation, strategy, teamwork and moreover, a willingness to DIE a horrible and painful death on site. Your analogy is juvenile.

Your assertion OP made some big accomplishment because he "simply did what no one else did, first" is likewise flawed beyond belief. Under your logic, Adolf Hitler is worthy of accolades because he was the first do do a great many things. Also, John Wayne Gacy was the first serial killer dressed as a clown who had 20 bodies buried under his house. Under your theory, Gacy is worthy of accomplishment because he was the first to do what he did.

Your attempt to White Knight has failed and your argument has been duly Hiroshima'ed. However, you have greatly reinforced the conclusion that Renown 999 is a mindless and worthless grind.

Edited by ReeRoo