The BattleZone! Demo Match: 4-way Brawl

Aurbere

That whole 100,000 honestly just sounds like a bunch of hyperbole and really, when has it ever come into play during combat? There were instances where it would have been useful to use and it didn't appear.

Except he really isn't.

Considering that is how he smashed Baas' staff ( canonically stronger than any lightsaber blade ) and broke through an obsidian wall then I think it's far more than hyperbole it infact makes a large amount of sense considering he is enhanced with Sith Alchemy bestowed by Nadd himself and that his guantlet allowed him to learn how to very deeply touch his inner rage.

Edited by LadyKulvax

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COOOR=DEEPSKYBLUE]Considering that is how he smashed Baas' staff ( canonically stronger than any lightsaber blade ) and broke through an obsidian wall then I think it's far more than hyperbole it infact makes a large amount of sense considering he is enhanced with Sith Alchemy bestowed by Nadd himself and that his guantlet allowed him to learn how to very deeply touch his inner rage. [/color]

? What? Source?

Yeah...but by showings, he hasn't shown to be 100k times more powerful. He has shown some nice stuff with his rage, but nothing really that would hint at being 100k X powerful.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Wow you really just ignored all but two of my points?

No, but I certainly don't recall him ragdolling a bunch of Jedi Masters and the Dark Healing thing....yeah sure Kun could use it, but that won't really help. Another thing where is it shown he actually knows Dark Healing?

? What? Source?

Yeah...but by showings, he hasn't shown to be 100k times more powerful. He has shown some nice stuff with his rage, but nothing really that would hint at being 100k X powerful.

Erm what? that is common knowledge regarding TotJ it is a staff he himself empowered with the Force permanently and it was stronger than lightsaber blades which is why he refrained from a lightsaber in the first place trusting in a humble stick and the Force to protect him, just like Bodo Baas after him.

Well considering this is canonically stated it is true regardless.

No, but I certainly don't recall him ragdolling a bunch of Jedi Masters and the Dark Healing thing....yeah sure Kun could use it, but that won't really help. Another thing where is it shown he actually knows Dark Healing?

That is because it is stated in the senate section of the KotOR CG not the comic or omnibus.

Considering it happens whenever he is flung into a deep rage and is easily performed by him due to his physical body being of the Dark Side oh and in TotJ Comp., KotOR CG, NJO CG and because he is listed among Traya, Sadow, Nadd, XoXaan and Kressh as one of it's greatest practitioners by Darth Krayt.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Erm what? that is common knowledge regarding TotJ it is a staff he himself empowered with the Force permanently and it was stronger than lightsaber blades which is why he refrained from a lightsaber in the first place trusting in a humble stick and the Force to protect him, just like Bodo Baas after him.

Well considering this is canonically stated it is true regardless.

Ok I had misread that bit, I was reading it as something else. But still....it was destroyed, it's not gonna be indestructible that another wouldn't be able to destroy it, besides it also did fall under stress throughout their duel.

But anyway...were moving on, seeing as Aurbere is sticking with the choice.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Whatever, I still think it's wrong but whatever...let's just move on.

Perhaps Aurbere, could do some non-force users vs non-force users matches?

Can't please everyone.

About non-Force users. Eventually. It would require research into various metals, firepower, and the like.

Not surprised by the outcome, waiting for the day when circumstances and tactical abilities arent swept under the rug for precieved "OP" abilities that are just over blown (IE they are good, but no one should ever ignore circumstance) but still a long way from that on these forums. So for now all hail Force users that are 5% more powerful then their competition thus lawl stomping its competition regardless of all other factors. Edited by tunewalker

Not surprised by the outcome, waiting for the day when circumstances and tactical abilities arent swept under the rug for precieved "OP" abilities that are just over blown (IE they are good, but no one should ever ignore circumstance) but still a long way from that on these forums.

If I may, what are you referring to in this case?

If I may, what are you referring to in this case?

I believed I have already talked about it, doing so now would just undermine the decision. I am going to just leave it as is and continue to fight the powers that be that ignore circumstance and tactical abilities of combatants for flashy powers.

This is a Battle Royal the winner should always be one of the most clever as they are able to use the other combatants and the terain to their advantage, it should never be won through powering through opponents because every one only has so much power, but thats not the way of things on these forums.... not yet, its who has the most esoteric type ability that hurts the most. That person lawl stomps armies cus no one can stop it. My on going battle to change that perspective continues.

I believed I have already talked about it, doing so now would just undermine the decision. I am going to just leave it as is and continue to fight the powers that be that ignore circumstance and tactical abilities of combatants for flashy powers.

This is a Battle Royal the winner should always be one of the most clever as they are able to use the other combatants and the terain to their advantage, it should never be won through powering through opponents because every one only has so much power, but thats not the way of things on these forums.... not yet, its who has the most esoteric type ability that hurts the most. That person lawl stomps armies cus no one can stop it. My on going battle to change that perspective continues.

I get what you're saying.

Wait, wait, WAIT. Ok this whole Force Rage 100k thing for Kun, was when he was in a seeped temple filled with darkside energies which then enabled him to use powerful Force Blasts that destroyed a Sith Beast and portions of a temple.

I don't think it applies everywhere he went, Kun was clearly in an amped place where his power was magnified and even there, the gauntlets he wore would have also been charged considering where they were...right in the middle of a dark force pillar of energy.

See

Here

and

Here

So......this whole Force Rage thing for Kun is completely overblown and taken out of context. It shouldn't have even been a factor here, because it's only been shown of his power increasing that much within a place where the darkside is strong, even then this supposed 'power' increase seems to only attribute to doing Force Blasts, but Aurbere you made your choice already but just saying for next time.

Also another thing if you look closely in the 2nd panel, you could see 2 Force energy pillars turning from purple to white, disappearing it looks like, so it seems that Kun was drawing on the energies to amp himself.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I think Rayla provided a quote saying that the 100,000 times strength referred to his physical strength as well. You will have to ask her for a direct quote.

Well I'm not seeing that, the evidence just seems to point to the Force Blasts...which makes sense considering the whole scene seemed to point to that.

Also to Vodo's stick thing....it has been destroyed more than once..

Here, it was destroyed by Kun when he was in training with Vodo.

So the whole Force Rage X100 thing being a factor in destroying Vodo's pole doesn't really show itself, as it was destroyed before Kun even became a Sith and there isn't even really any hint of Force Rage being involved in either instance, even if you include Force Rage into it...it certainly doesn't need to be X100. So it's not like Vader wouldn't be able to do the same, considering he has shown quite a few big strength feats himself.

Also speaking of that door that Kun opened(if that what Ray has been referring to by the door thing), it's noted that he had some kinda of help getting in....he also switched his lightsaber intensity to full.

Here

"As Exar Kun adjusts his lightsaber to the highest intensity."

"Exar Kun senses a power moving around him, a power that wants to help him."

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well I'm not seeing that, the evidence just seems to point to the Force Blasts...which makes sense considering the whole scene seemed to point to that.

Also to Vodo's stick thing....it has been destroyed more than once..

Here, it was destroyed by Kun when he was in training with Vodo.

So the whole Force Rage X100 thing being a factor in destroying Vodo's pole doesn't really show itself, as it was destroyed before Kun even became a Sith and there isn't even really any hint of Force Rage being involved in either instance, even if you include Force Rage into it...it certainly doesn't need to be X100. So it's not like Vader wouldn't be able to do the same, considering he has shown quite a few big strength feats himself.

Also speaking of that door that Kun opened(if that what Ray has been referring to by the door thing), it's noted that he had some kinda of help getting in....he also switched his lightsaber intensity to full.

Here

"As Exar Kun adjusts his lightsaber to the highest intensity."

"Exar Kun senses a power moving around him, a power that wants to help him."

I'm pretty sure that the guides Rayla has add more depth to the comic, and I'm sure that's where she gets her information from.

I'm pretty sure that the guides Rayla has add more depth to the comic, and I'm sure that's where she gets her information from.

Ok I have looked through the New Essential guide to characters, I have looked through the Kotor CG(not the collectors edition but really...the other sources don't say anything about it, why would this 1 source? That doesn't fall in line right), I have looked through the Star Wars Encylopedia, I have looked through the Power Jedi books and I'm not seeing anything about this Force Rage thing or whatever enhancing Kun's strength. What the comic shows there...is what is shows, it never says that Kun keeps this 100k Rage thing throughout...just that he had that while in a place seeped with dark energies, plus amping himself with the gauntlets.

It seems rather clear here and...why was Kun not able to just outright destroy Vodo if he was able to amp himself 100kX? Come on now...

It's clearly pointing, that Kun was amped in that Temple on Yavin 4, and that's where this one time of this supposed 100X Force Rage amp appeared....that's it...I haven't seen nothing about this amping his strength.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ok I have looked through the New Essential guide to characters, I have looked through the Kotor CG(not the collectors edition but really...the other sources don't say anything about it, why would this 1 source? That doesn't fall in line right), I have looked through the Star Wars Encylopedia, I have looked through the Power Jedi books and I'm not seeing anything about this Force Rage thing or whatever enhancing Kun's strength. What the comic shows there...is what is shows, it never says that Kun keeps this 100k Rage thing throughout...just that he had that while in a place seeped with dark energies, plus amping himself with the gauntlets.

It seems rather clear here and...why was Kun not able to just outright destroy Vodo if he was able to amp himself 100kX? Come on now...

It's clearly pointing, that Kun was amped in that Temple on Yavin 4, by Nadd and that's where this one time of this supposed 100X Force Rage amp appeared....that's it.

Talk to Rayla as I am 90% sure she posted something about Exar Kun using his Force Rage on Baas in their final duel.

I get all of my information on Kun from Rayla. Just go directly to her with your concerns.

Talk to Rayla as I am 90% sure she posted something about Exar Kun using his Force Rage on Baas in their final duel.

I get all of my information on Kun from Rayla. Just go directly to her with your concerns.

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

I don't see any Force Rage, just a lightsaber duel and Vodo was quite well holding his own up until Kun revealed his double bladed lightsaber which Vodo hadn't never even seen nor how to fight against it. There isn't any hint of Force Rage, even if there was Vodo seemed to be able to hold his own if Kun was using it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't see any Force Rage, just a lightsaber duel and Vodo was quite well holding his own up until Kun revealed his double bladed lightsaber which Vodo hadn't never even seen nor how to fight against it. There isn't any hint of Force Rage, even if there was Vodo seemed to be able to hold his own if Kun was using it.

I'm not getting involved in this You vs Rayla, battle of the titans, but I wanted to point this out.

This is a terrible excuse.

Anyone who's ever seen Vodo's staff fighting knows how similar it is to dual-bladed weapons, he was taken by surprise sure, but it was Kun's effectiveness with it that won the duel, not the surprise factor.

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

I have the comic, Wolf. But what I'm saying is that the content in those comics is slightly obsolete. Rayla posted an excerpt from one of her guides that added significantly more detail to the Ulic vs. Kun duel, just to name one thing that changed the comic.

I'll leave Rayla to address this as Kun is her area of expertise.

I'm not getting involved in this You vs Rayla, battle of the titans, but I wanted to point this out.

This is a terrible excuse.

Anyone who's ever seen Vodo's staff fighting knows how similar it is to dual-bladed weapons, he was taken by surprise sure, but it was Kun's effectiveness with it that won the duel, not the surprise factor.

Yes but Vodo has never really fought against one, I mean could the duel have gone on further? Sure, but Kun really just overpowered Vodo as shown, his staff already have taken numerous blows beforehand so it was gonna eventually be destroyed.

Could have Kun at that point defeated Vodo by virtue of skill? Sure. But the point being here is really, there isn't any hint of using Force Rage.

I have the comic, Wolf. But what I'm saying is that the content in those comics is slightly obsolete. Rayla posted an excerpt from one of her guides that added significantly more detail to the Ulic vs. Kun duel, just to name one thing that changed the comic.

I'll leave Rayla to address this as Kun is her area of expertise.

If that is true, then there lies an inconsistency that isn't following the comic, could he have used it? Sure but it's not stated within the comic like it should have been. But if there is, then I await it. But still if Kun did use Force Rage, I don't think there was this 100k X boost nonsense.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi