Cademimu still bugged?

On normal mode, I seem to be experiencing the "everything is on fire" bug that was originally an issue in Cademimu months ago. Died. Then, after respawning, my companion started the area.... already dead (had to revive and heal them). Then, went to fight him and before even re-engaging Ortol, the floor was already on fire.

When he attacked me, he knocked me THROUGH THE CLOSED DOOR and back into the fiery hallway of death.

Seriously?

It cost me a lot of creds to repair the damage to my gear...when I should've EASILY wiped the floor with him (being as I was level 50 and so was my friend and all our companions). This is ridiculous.

Anyone else experiencing this odd assortment of bugs?

Thanks.

I had some trouble with that one a few nights ago. I wasn't near the fire, and my health showed as full, but then suddenly I caught fire and died in one burst of damage. I read the log, and it was less damage than I had hit points, so I'm not sure how it killed me, or why I took fire damage when the people I was standing next to did not.

On normal mode, I seem to be experiencing the "everything is on fire" bug that was originally an issue in Cademimu months ago. Died. Then, after respawning, my companion started the area.... already dead (had to revive and heal them). Then, went to fight him and before even re-engaging Ortol, the floor was already on fire.

When he attacked me, he knocked me THROUGH THE CLOSED DOOR and back into the fiery hallway of death.

Seriously?

It cost me a lot of creds to repair the damage to my gear...when I should've EASILY wiped the floor with him (being as I was level 50 and so was my friend and all our companions). This is ridiculous.

Anyone else experiencing this odd assortment of bugs?

Thanks.

Yeah, I tried it here a few days ago. BTW, are you on Hex Droid EU? Cause then I think it was us 2 in that 50 run (cause I ran as a 50 and with a 50 Guild friend).

Search bar is your friend... i have replied to 3 other threads about this in the last few months

this place is not bugged.

the firing of the rockets are tied into his health bar. thus if you level 50 and using your strongest attacks your DPS is extremely high. you need to slow your DPS down by using your basic attack more, than your most powerful.

what happens is he fires the rockets if you DPS him to fast the rockets never finish fully discharging, and he then fires the next set of rockets. thus making the room filled with fire from all 4 jets.

TLDR..... slow your DPS down and the encounter works fine.

Search bar is your friend... i have replied to 3 other threads about this in the last few months

the firing of the rockets are tied into his health bar. thus if you level 50 and using your strongest attacks your DPS is extremely high. you need to slow your DPS down by using your basic attack more, than your most powerful.

what happens is he fires the rockets if you DPS him to fast the rockets never finish fully discharging, and he then fires the next set of rockets. thus making the room filled with fire from all 4 jets.

this

What I do when running a lower level friend here is dps till he fires the rocket(s), stop all dps, move the group to a safe square, (just heal thru his damage) wait till rocket(s) completely finish discharging. Then just repeat. Shouldnt be a problem staying alive if you have high levels in there. LIkely unecessary unless you do.

Of course, it's not bugged. :confused:

Okay, sure. Anyway... It's still obvious that the flashpoint isn't working correctly (the fire is already there when you come back into the FP after a wipe and respawn on the Fleet and the fire is in the SAFE ZONE outside the room. It occurs BEFORE you re-engage Ortol AT ALL. The companions respawn dead from the Fleet back into the FP area., even though they respawn alive on the Fleet with you. The minute you re-enter the FP, your companion is dead at your feet. Plus, Ortol can throw you through the closed door into the hallway and restart the entire battle where he's got full hitpoints. ALSO..Insta-death without warning or even engaging him at all?)

Yes, that's bugged. Any attempt to say that those things aren't bugs and that the flashpoint is supposed to be screwed up in that specific type of ways...is untrue.

But, thanks to those who sympathized and those who gave good advice on how to work around the bugs. Your true help was appreciated.

That explains why all 4 are firing, but it doesn't explain why after you wipe and return, the room is a constant burn before you even engage him again, Just stepping into the room causes burn damage that you can only survive for 5 seconds. that's a bug.

This is correct... happened to me last night and after slowing dps the encounter worked just fine.

Even if you're runing Cademimu with a group in level 29- 30 and if you DPS the boss too fast the four jets will activate, in my group we have a level 30 Marauder (the rest was two level 29 and myself tanking at level 30) and he was putting serious numbers in the dps, so he didnt dps in the fight until boss was like at 30% ... then the encounter worked just fine.

Have only one person enter the room with the boss. The door will close and lock the rest of the party out. When that person dies he'll aggro on to someone in the rest of the party and clip through the closed door to get to them. They then should be able to tank him (he has no enrage or reset range, to my knowledge) until the dead aprty member can respawn and run back to the party. This turns the fight into a simple tank and spank.

I haven't done Cademimu in months (only did it once actually), but when I did it there was a bug that caused companions to get stuck at the top of the elevator and eventually the whole game would crash and the instance would completely reset - after this happened several times we just dismissed the companions and carried on that way.