*** is the point with all the half-naked gear?

Chuhu

Sry, I really can't see any point in these half-naked gear you have released in the latest packed. Isen't this a game with combat and not a beach party game? Or do you have a 14 years old designer with hormones running..

It is just stupid. :eek:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But... it sells. Even though there is a lot of it. After the spamming of it at release, wait a bit, and you will find that gear sells for quite a bit on GTN. Net. net. People like it.

But, generally, I agree. I'm done with it for the most part.

Sry, I really can't see any point in these half-naked gear you have released in the latest packed. Isen't this a game with combat and not a beach party game? Or do you have a 14 years old designer with hormones running..

Why do you care? You aren't forced to wear it? I'm confused why you hate it?

Hurry up, let's all run through WalMart and Target, ripping all the bikinis off the stands and burn them in a big pile. We can use science books to start the fire!

Have you met that big butts thread guy? Maybe you could start an RP prude guild.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Well, you right about that. I don't need to use the gear. Agree

Complain sure I can complain about something in the game as long as I pay for it. :D

I will join the US army the day bikini is the main gear for all female solider.. hehe

Umm... It's nothing lost from anybody:confused:

And if some1 really wants to complain about roleplay, well I haven't personal experience (I dont roleplay) but couldn't some1 for example play dancer

The problem only arises(for me), when a larger portion of the playerbase runs around in those outfits. It tends to stretch my immersion when troopers who have to expect getting hit on the battlefield(thus the heavy armor) run around in bikinis.

I realize it's not up to me what others want to wear, but yeah it bugs me sometimes.

Each time I see a thread complaining about it I get the urge to roll a character in the slave dancer outfit. If you don't like it, you don't have to wear it. ;)

And you see nothing antagonistic about that urge? When I go to the beach, I expect to see bikinis. When I go to the mall or a restaurant, I expect to see shirts and shoes. If I were to go to a battlefield, the last thing I'd expect to see some shoeless chick in her underwear...it's about immersion and objects in our environment can easily break that immersion.

And you see nothing antagonistic about that urge? When I go to the beach, I expect to see bikinis. When I go to the mall or a restaurant, I expect to see shirts and shoes. If I were to go to a battlefield, the last thing I'd expect to see some shoeless chick in her underwear...it's about immersion and objects in our environment can easily break that immersion.

Exactly. And if I were to go to a galaxy far far away, a long time ago I would expect....

It's a game. Little cartoon figured with space magic. How anyone can play an MMO like SWTOR and then argue realism is beyond me.

This right here is exactly what is the whole conclusion on this subject. Skimpy outfits don't belong on a battlefield. A person running around with half a shirt, half leg pants or no pants fighting an enemy that has double layer heavy armor on? Yah, isn't quite "immersive". I don't like the skimpy outfits.

Also, "If you don't like it, you dont have to buy it" is not the issue here. The issue here is exactly what TUXs said. Of course people know they don't have to buy it if they don't like it. It's having to look at that type of "armor" in the game that just doesn't belong in those environments. That is what people don't agree with.

Hurry up, let's all run through WalMart and Target, ripping all the bikinis off the stands and burn them in a big pile. We can use science books to start the fire!

So, tell me. When is the last time you saw our soldiers wear bikinis and swimsuits on the battlefield?

Exactly. And if I were to go to a galaxy far far away, a long time ago I would expect....

It's a game. Little cartoon figured with space magic. How anyone can play an MMO like SWTOR and then argue realism is beyond me.

Because Star Wars is based on SCIENCE! OUR SCIENCE!!! Midichlorians are little parasitic infections that allow people to control things like the "Force"...therefor, bikini's on the battlefield are nonsensical scientifically!

If you have ideas you would like the best thing I can say is post here like I did but either give them pictures or a good description. Whether it helps or not is another story.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=713398

This right here is exactly what is the whole conclusion on this subject. Skimpy outfits don't belong on a battlefield. A person running around with half a shirt, half leg pants or no pants fighting an enemy that has double layer heavy armor on? Yah, isn't quite "immersive". I don't like the skimpy outfits.

Also, "If you don't like it, you dont have to buy it" is not the issue here. The issue here is exactly what TUXs said. Of course people know they don't have to buy it if they don't like it. It's having to look at that type of "armor" in the game that just doesn't belong in those environments. That is what people don't agree with.

Can't you just role play in your mind that all of those people wearing contextually-inappropriate clothing are all about to meet a horrific demise?

Surely doing that would be better than actually restricting what people can and can't wear based on your personal preferences?

So, tell me. When is the last time you saw our soldiers wear bikinis and swimsuits on the battlefield?

Tell me... when was the last time you saw our soldiers wear bikinis and swimsuits OFF the battlefield?

If you don't like it, don't use it. Others like it.

When you like something and others don't, then use it. And be happy that others don't clamor for BioWare to remove it.

Life can be so simple!

The problem only arises(for me), when a larger portion of the playerbase runs around in those outfits. It tends to stretch my immersion when troopers who have to expect getting hit on the battlefield(thus the heavy armor) run around in bikinis.

I realize it's not up to me what others want to wear, but yeah it bugs me sometimes.

Well, I for one, will certainly keep YOUR immersion at the top of my mind when gearing MY character. Personally, I find the skimpy stuff no more immersion-breaking than jedi in heavy armor or tauntauns on Tattooine.