Can't access Flashpoints on Story Mode.

Hello.

This question is probably really stupid, but i can't find a way to solve it no matter what i try. I'm quite a new player, making my way through swtor storyline (LVL 58, Trooper Vanguard. My level is way ahead of the story line becouse of the exploration quests). Recently i found a chart showing the Story Progression Order and wanted to catch up with some Flashpoints i haven't done before. The problem is, whenever i go to the flashpoint terminal/NPC (For example Hammer Station) i can only choose to either do it on Veteran or Master mode.

Please help.

A few flashpoints don't have a story mode, Hammer Station is one of them. :)

Okay, but then how am i supposed to do it on the "Level 16" when i struggle with it at my level?

Edited by ikwiatko

Level 16? How old is that guide? :D

Either way, it's not meant to be done solo (not impossible if you're experienced, but a challenge), you'll need a group for it. If you want to experience story though you can skip it. It's just one very short cutscene (same generelly goes for the other flashpoints without a story mode).

Level 16? How old is that guide? :D

Either way, it's not meant to be done solo (not impossible if you're experienced, but a challenge), you'll need a group for it. If you want to experience story though you can skip it. It's just one very short cutscene (same generelly goes for the other flashpoints without a story mode).

Oh, okay. Thank you very much for the help anyway.

Open the Activities window (default Ctrl+G) and click on the Solo tab. The Solo tab has two sections. The top, Planetary Missions, is where you can pick up daily heroic missions for completing a number of heroics on a particular planet, as well as the weekly daily area missions for the various daily areas. This section will also have the weekly mission for any event that is currently running. Below that, the Flashpoints section, is a list of all of the solo flashpoints that are available to you at your level. They won't all become available until you are close to or at max level (currently there are 15 plus 2 other missions). These flashpoints are part of the overall story, albeit some more so than others, while the other non-solo mode flashpoints are more like side stories. If a flashpoint isn't on the list on the Solo tab then you'll want to find a group to do it, which can be done on the Group tab.

Each of the solo flashpoints have a mission giver that can be found somewhere. Only by going through the mission giver will you be able to see the story cutscenes, and these, in most cases, are only available once. If you use the Activities window to run a solo flashpoint you'll miss out on a lot of the story cutscenes, but they won't bar you from doing the story version with all of the cutscenes (many of these have prelude, in FP, and postlude story cutscenes). The first four, their names differ depending on your faction, can all be found on the fleet or vanguard ships (if you can't find them Googling them may be easier than trying to ask in general chat). The next two, Battle of Ilum and False Emperor, cap off the Ilum story, which you go to after you complete your class story on Corellia. After that, beginning with Korriban Incursion or Assault on Tython (which you do first depends on your faction) and continuing through The Nathema Conspiracy, the rest of the solo mode flashpoints will be encountered during the story. Incursion/Assault through Battle of Rishi are part of the Shadow of Revan et. al. story, and Crisis, Traitor, and Nathema come after you finish the latter expansions Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne. At your level you probably won't see all of these but they will unlock as you level. Many of these have bread crumb missions that will lead you to them.

For the non-solo mode flashpoints. Click on the Group tab and check the box for Veteran Flashpoints. Use the filter button if you'd like to complete a particular FP. For example, if you're wanting to complete them in order from the guide you mentioned you can click the filter and uncheck everything except the FP you want to run. Next, check your role selection (Group Role, near the top left of the window). Depending on your class you'll have the option to queue as a tank, healer, and/or DPS. Some classes will have three options (two single roles and a dual role) while some will only have one. Make sure that selector is set to your preferred role, and if you're set to a dual role be sure that you can fill either role. After you've decided what you want to run and checked your role selection click the Join Queue button to be placed into the queue. Note that depending on your server, whether you have filtered flashpoints, and your selected role your wait time could be quite long, unfortunately. Tanks and healers tend to fill faster than DPS, but fortunately Veteran FP's (vet mode) don't often require the tank/healer/DPS trinity (that can depend a lot on the group you're in). If it's your first time running the FP be sure to tell your group that it's your first time. While you will occasionally encounter those who will want to kick you from the group if you're new it's much better to inform your group that you are new so they can explain any particular mechanics that will be needed during the fights. Alternatively, you can look for guides for the particular FP (Dulfy has a lot of these) to read about the boss fights and any mechanics that are in use. Most groups like to skip the cutscenes by pressing the spacebar. If you'd like to watch the cutscenes ask your group first if they mind. Unfortunately, some will want to kick you for watching the cutscenes, some won't care, and some will want you to spacebar. If you read quickly you can still get the idea of what's going on even without watching the full cutscene. And if you don't mind not being in control you can find many of the FP cutscenes on YouTube.

The other two missions on the Solo tab, Flashpoints section are The Star Fortress and [sOLO] The Eternal Champion. These aren't flashpoints, and they are completely optional, but they do tie in with the story in Fallen Empire. The Star Fortress has a solo only mode that must be completed first, then a harder veteran mode that can be soloed or completed in a group. The Eternal Champion is a gladiator like area fight against NPC's. On its own it is not integral to the Fallen Empire story, but it does play a part in an optional mission. This also can be done either solo or with a group. There are also several achievements tied to both of these.

Good luck and happy hunting.