Can a Jedi Knight Use a Laser Pistol?

JustBoo

I am level 11 Knight and I still can't use a pistol. In the movies, I see Jedi use pistols all the time. Thanks.

There are only two Jedi, in the movies, that use a blaster. Obi Wan kenobi and Luke. There is no Jedi class in the game that allows you to use a blaster of any type.

There are only two Jedi, in the movies, that use a blaster. Obi Wan kenobi and Luke. There is no Jedi class in the game that allows you to use a blaster of any type.

Fine, the game doesn't let Jedi use Blasters. But I now see the "Fanbois Game" here is to deny obvious Lore and claim since the game doesn't do it then any Lore that proves it "is Stupid."

Luke and Obi Wan WERE JEDI. Therefore, according to SET Theory they are in the CLASS of Jedi. Thus making the CLASS of JEDI use BLASTERS. That the game doesn't allow it is the "games" problem, not a problem with the Lore. Don't get the two confused.

Fine, the game doesn't let Jedi use Blasters. But I now see the "Fanbois Game" here is to deny obvious Lore and claim since the game doesn't do it then any Lore that proves it "is Stupid."

Luke and Obi Wan WERE JEDI. Therefore, according to SET Theory they are in the CLASS of Jedi. Thus making the CLASS of JEDI use BLASTERS. That the game doesn't allow it is the "games" problem, not a problem with the Lore. Don't get the two confused.

No it is not a Fanbois game at all. This game is following lore of the KOTOR series and not the movies. all that stuff aboutt Obi won and Luke happened thousands of years later and at THIS time Jedi not use blasters so therefore the developers made the classes in that way. So it is you who is actually confused.

Edited by theUndead

Given there is not a cogent sentence in that entire post, not one; My own council will I keep as to what is confused and what is not.

The little cut and paste cry-out for a higher authority is like a rent-a-cop whose not good enough to be a real cop. Kinda' sad really.

Given there is not a cogent sentence in that entire post, not one; My own council will I keep as to what is confused and what is not.

The little cut and paste cry-out for a higher authority is like a rent-a-cop whose not good enough to be a real cop. Kinda' sad really.

No what is sad is that you can't actually read. So I will say it again, this time il make it simple. This game follows the lore of the KOTOR and KOTOR 2. The acronym stands for Knights of the Old Republic. And in this timeframe Jedi did not use blaster pistols. Simple enough?

No what is sad is that you can't actually read. So I will say it again, this time il make it simple. This game follows the lore of the KOTOR and KOTOR 2. The acronym stands for Knights of the Old Republic. And in this timeframe Jedi did not use blaster pistols. Simple enough?

I dunno about that - I made both Atton Rand and Mira into Jedi Sentinels, and they both still used guns...

However, if you want to be a pistol wielding jedi in ToR, your best bet is to use sentinel armor (modified to use cunning armoring/mods) on a smuggler. And at the same time have all the jedi/sith legacy abilities.

Edited by TACeMossie

Does anyone in this game - guys like Kaos_KidSWTOR - have the sense to post correctly without breaking the rules?

hmmm i read nothing tat would insinuate that anyone broke any rules.. i did however read a TONof ignorance and poor maner from you. garden variety troll, you were given an answer that you didnt like so you went on a ragerant.

you cant use a blaster as a jedi, why? because thats how the game is made, their are 2 tech (blaster wielding) classes per faction and 2 force (saber wielding) classes per faction. dont like it? then why are you playing?

• 3 weeks later...
Luke used a blaster pistol before being trained by Yoda and only used on in episode 6 to defend himself. Obi Wan did the same thing in episode 3 based on the situation he was in with Grevious and only used one to defend himself. Which after he made a comment about blaster pistols. Far as I know those were the only two instances pistols were used and not as a permanent weapon. You wanna use a pistol roll a non Jedi class as it's stupid to even ask about using one as a jedi.

Kyle Katarn says hi. :p His is an exceptional case as he was a merc before becoming a Jedi and just retained his skills which were amplified by his powers. Nothing's limiting Jedi from using pistols (besides game mechanics) they just choose not to. Stick with what you know, right?

Kyle Katarn says hi. :p His is an exceptional case as he was a merc before becoming a Jedi and just retained his skills which were amplified by his powers. Nothing's limiting Jedi from using pistols (besides game mechanics) they just choose not to. Stick with what you know, right?

God outcast was a good game. That said, were still talking about a vastly different time period. Look at it from the real world perspective: regardless of long-ranges weapon technology advances (bow>recurve bow>long bow>crossbow>flintlock pistols etc) rich landowners still fought primarily with swords until the very recent history. It wasn't until Vietnam that bayonets became less used in spite of how little fighting was done in close enough quarters for it to be practical. Even in fights where it was practical to use a bayonet at that point, hand guns had become prevalent enough that the more archaic technology was dropped. The same is true in star wars but for more reasons: 1) Light sabers, or at least those of good enough quality to be wielded by a trained force user, were only made by force users. At a time when the number of these trained force users was as high as it is in TOR, the chivalry aspect combined with the simple fact that a light saber offers more defense than a blaster (you can deflect and absorb both tech and force attacks with a light saber but can do neither with solely a blaster) lead them to be the more prevalent weapon among those who could wield them. Obviously, in a case like Kyle Kattarn, the fact that he was trained so late in his life heavily affected his decision to use a blaster in conjunction with a light saber. Another point to add is that at either academy, the lore of the light saber would have put anyone wishing to forego its use at a perceived disadvantage and in the case of the Sith at a risk foe their very life. Now, if we fast forward to a time when the number of trained force users is extremely low, the number of available light sabers would also be low. Add to that the danger of wielding one without proper training versus the ease of receiving training in blaster use it only makes sense that Luke would not only know how to use a blaster but might even prefer it in certain situations. Obi-wan is similarly easy to explain: he was in hiding. If he had gone out flashing a light saber every where, people would have noticed and it would have brought the empire down on him very quickly. As a result, he obviously trained in blaster use and may have come to see that while "ineloquent" a blaster has several very useful features. For one, its range far surpasses even a well thrown light saber. Logic. So difficult.

^ Exactly. It depends on both the time period and also the temperament/situation of the individual Jedi. It also helps balance out the universe a bit. I mean, as you said, Jedi have Force powers and their lightsabers can be used for defense and attack. Non Force users have to have some kind of advantage, and if you have Jedi who can use long-range attacks, then there would be no point in being anything else.