Irrepareable Damage

Kitar

@ Taxidermis

So you like the dark and cranky Adrik do ya?

@ Iheaca

He is a pretty unhappy guy. I don't blame him, he had quite the oh, I am blanking on the words, let's say knowledge dump, concerning what happened to him and who was responsible, then to find out he was off happily killing people they were supposed to be protecting, I think Adrik just had enough and things went from there.

So every one sorry I am a week late in updating. I have had quite a bit on my plate lately. Hopefully I will be able to focus more on writing and get the updates up on time. I am working on a follow up chapter to the one I will be posting next week... So wish me luck that I will be able to sit and focus!

And I almost posted the wrong chapter... Wow I am batting a thousand today...:o

PART II CHAPTER 62

Year 3634 Month 7 hours after proceeding prompt

DROMAND KAAS

Her finger ran over the pillow, up and down, the black glove skimming the silk. Up, down, slowly she traced the hand-stitched seam, watching the material. Somewhere far away a door opened. Her hand continued its slow journey along the seam, eyes locked onto the shining black fabric.

Quiet footsteps filtered into the room, steady, yet careful. Swallowing, she ignored them, keeping her attention locked on the pillow. A soft rustle caught her ear. A quiet throat cleared. “Here you are,” the voice rumbled, husky and rough.

Her finger momentarily paused before resuming its endless trek. Another soft step, muffled by the rug. “Can I?” he rumbled, an almost earthy whisper.

She closed her eyes giving a slight nod of her head as she stilled her hand. Behind her the mattress sank, a weight draped across her side. Silence descended over the room as his weight settled behind her. Wordlessly he lay; his body against hers. His breath was a warm gentle puff against her neck as his nose buried into her hair.

Silence again filled the air, disturbed only by his rhythmic breathing. His hand tightened, claws slipping on her armor-encased waist. Warm breath blew against her neck. She unconsciously jumped when he spoke; his voice seemed to echo even though it was barely a whisper.

“Pierce was here?”

Her nod was barely noticeable.

“Kits too?”

She tilted her head, barely acknowledging the question.

“Leave awhile ago?”

She just lay there staring at the pillows; why answer, the room had been empty.

His hand slipped further around her waist as he moved closer. “It's done,” he murmured.

Done, she thought, so it really was real. It wasn't some delusion brought on by the Temple. But, it couldn’t be real, it couldn’t. For it to be real... She licked her lips, they were drier than the heat soaked sands of Korriban. “So he really did … it? It wasn’t some twisted lie brought on by the Temple?”

“No,” his response ran right through her. “He did those things, bragged about it. Went into detail, but he has paid for it.”

Paid... she was not even sure if she spoke the word out loud.

“Yes,” he murmured, “the stain of his actions has been cleansed.”

“How, how did... I don't...” her hand slid along the silk, armored fingers spread before stopping. She stared at the black cover, unseeing.

His voice cracked, “It was not easy. Your father joined me. He watched as is his right. He... he... you were under our protection, honored guests of the family.” The hand around her waist tightened protectively. “That alone was enough cause to carry out his sentence. What he did against your family was monstrous.” His arm pulled her closer; she felt his body shudder. “He gloated, relishing in what he had done. He actually laughed. He, he...” the deep rumble shuddered, his voice faltering. The arm tightened as his wet nose pressed against her neck, “He, he delighted in what he had them do. To me. The bastard had thought it justified payback for the loss of his bloodline's name. I was my Father's only son. He had wanted me to return glory to his own Clan's name; he felt cheated. He called me a blight, a sickness, a mistake, that no one should have an ability like mine...” He shook; a stifled sob blew against her neck. “He refused to be humiliated further by his blight of a grandson coupling with a Sith.”

Warmth dripped onto her neck, slowly it trickled leaving a rapidly cooling trail. Moments later another drop landed followed by a body shaking sob. “I did it, but it was hard. Just don't, don't hate me. Please, I ...I am so sorry, please forgive me. Please.” The plaintive sobbing whisper echoed in the eerie calm of the darkened room.

Hate, she thought, why would she hate him, how could she? Her hand moved slowly slipping across the bedding coming to rest on top of his. Beneath her fingers his arm trembled. A ragged inhale followed by another shuddering sob. Her hand slipped up his arm, black armored fingertips skimming through crimson fur. Why would he think I hate him? Slowly she rotated her head to the right, his chest fur brushed against her cheek. Her shoulder dipped towards him, as it protested being disturbed. How long had she been laying here?

Adrik shuddered, she reached out with her left hand. His head was curled towards her; eyes clenched shut. Armored fingers brushed against fine furred cheeks; they were wet. “I would never hate you, I love you.”

“This is my fault, all of it. What happened to you, I caused it.” Adrik clenched his eyes tighter as he curled his chin to his chest.

“It is not your fault we were kids. How could you even think any of this is your fault? We were so young, you were ten.” She whispered, gently, futilely wiping the tears that flowed from between tightly closed eyelids.

“It was, it is my fault. If I had not been so enamored with you none of this would have happened. None of them would have died,” he breathed. “Your, your family would be here, you would not have been widowed at fifteen standard years. It is my fault.”

“No,” her fingers moved to his mane, pushing the long unfettered locks off his shoulder, tucking them behind his pointed ear. “No,” she watched the black beskar slip through the sea of red and gold, “it is not your fault.” He stifled another wracking sob as his body shuddered. “No...” her fingers ran over his bare shoulder, “no rational being would act in such a manner. What he did... it was not your fault. We were kids, small kids. You can't blame yourself for his actions. You can't.” She rotated completely onto her right side, her hand touching his jaw. “You can't, there is nothing you could have done to stop him.” Her thumb slid along his cheek, his eyes tightened. She stared at his face why was he not looking at her? Why?

“Adrik, look at me.”

He shook his head, “No,” he croaked.

“No?” she echoed, “Why?”

“It... it was to hard. I had to pull on it, I had to pull deeply on the energies pouring out of the Temple. It was so tempting, the more I used, the more I wanted it. But it was the only way I was strong enough. I had to, it was so hard to see the punishment though to the end. Though he finally stopped laughing when he saw, when he saw what I did, that damn condescending laughter ended. He started begging.”

“Show me.” Her thumb traced the wet contours of his cheek. “Please,” she whispered.

Slowly his head moved, the tight wrinkles around his eyes smoothed but they remained closed. His chest rose in a silent gathering of strength. A loud swallow echoed and then those crimson lids parted. His fur flinched, rolling, as his body trembled. The eyes that looked at her from partially parted lids were burning; awash in red and orange. They were smoldering embers, fiery irises set within a dark flaming orange. He had completely surrendered to the Temple; the corruption was evident. Why didn't she feel it? Such use of the Dark Side would leave a residual affect on his person; she should be able to feel it. She felt nothing. She had not felt a thing since Nox had pulled her out of that room. “I don't... I don't feel... I should feel...”

His head shook, “You cut me off... you blocked the connection.” Those smoldering eyes stared at her, “Please don't hate me.”

“I don't, I don't hate you. I didn't know I had. I didn't know.” She stared at those eyes, they were filled with sadness and confusion, yet she didn't feel anything, not even a twinge of his presence in the Force. It was as if everything was walled off. Fingers slid down his neck to his shoulder, swallowing she reached out searching and encountered a massive shield. One she didn't remember erecting. Cautiously she dropped it and was slammed with an overwhelming sense of sadness, it sucked the breath from her lungs. Gasping she tightened her grip.

The Force that flowed around him was thick, saturated with madness-tinged anger and rage. The pure hatred that surrounded him was oppressive. The taint from the Temple permeated his very being; his usual bright gold signature back-lit with smoky fire was gone, replaced with twisted black soot. She could not even detect the smallest glimmer of light within. “Oh, Adrik,” she slipped her hand over his shoulder, grasping his back. “I'm so sorry, I left you, to deal with that, with the cursed Temple. I should never have left.”

“No,” he sobbed, “I didn't want you to see what I did. You didn't need to see that.” His head curled forward his forehead resting on the crown on her head. “The Temple, I shouldn't have, I didn't know how to stop.”

“I can help you. It will take a time but you can re-balance yourself, cleanse the corruption.”

“This isn't permanent?” His hand around her waist tightened, claws slipping along her backpiece.

“No,” she whispered into his chest, “It's not. Repeatably pulling to deeply from such a tainted source, that will make it more difficult to cleanse it, eventually it will become permanent.” Her hand moved further along his chest, pulling him closer. “It's not permanent. You have to work to disentangle yourself from its, grasp. Meditation helps, systematically search and remove all traces of it, command it to return to the Living Force.”

“I am so sorry,” he whispered his lips brushing against her forehead. “I didn't mean to, I... I lost control. It was so hard to control, I only wanted to gain the strength to see it through...”

She tightened her grip, arm wrapping across his bare back. “No,” she breathed against his damp chest fur, “there is no reason to apologuise, you did nothing wrong. You did what you had to. Controlling something like that, that is hard for one well versed. Meditation will help, close your eyes.”

He trembled, “But I don't want to leave you. I don't.”

“You don't have to, you don't have to even leave the bed. Just close your eyes, lay here. I will be here.”

He nodded, a small movement, causing his lips to brush against her. His grip lessened as his body relaxed, sinking against her. Slowly his breathing slowed, his chest barely rising as he sank further into the mattress. The thick oppressive cloud grew, its thick pitch-like form expanding, reaching as it slowly began to dissipate. Her hands gently ran along his back; his form non responsive. “I will be right here,” she whispered. Each breath became easier to draw as the clinging cloud gradually lost its form, pitch turning into smoke. She rested her head against his slowly moving chest as she began her vigil. Waiting as he slowly battled the corruption that clung to him, noticing each small victory when her breath passed through parted lips with less effort, when a small burst of light was seen, a fiery shadow flickered deep within the darkness.

AN

Prompt. I looked all over and could not find one, though I thought I had written it with a prompt. I guess I didn't.

• 7 months later...

I am so very sorry that I haven't posted for well about ten months now give or take. To say that things have been, well to be frank, $h!.t.y would be a massive understatement. I am not one to let things get me down though and I have neglected my lovely readers long enough. I do apologuise. I can in no way guarantee that I will be posting again on a regular schedule, but I am hopeful I will be posting more often.

There are a few chapters that I have yet to finish, a couple that need to be written so, if the writing isn't as good, well I haven't written a thing in about a year. Haven't drawn anything either. Hopefully working on posting the rest of this story will help the creative spark to return.

Without any further ado here is the next chapter

PART II CHAPTER 63

Year 3634 Month 7 hours later

THE CHIMERA/ ESTATE DROMUND KAAS

He groaned, licking parched lips, his body was stiff. Blinking he opened his eyes, the room was pitch black. Why was it so dark? Slowly the darkness graduated into forms. Recognition crept in; he was in their bedroom onboard the Chimera. He had finally found her here; after searching the entire Estate. He had been terrified she had left, gone into the city but he had found her here.

He rubbed his sleep-crusted eyes; he felt awful. Slowly he moved on the bed, careful not to disturb her. She needed the rest after what they had learned, just how horribly his cursed Grandfather's obsession had devastated her family and his life. She needed to sleep. Hell he needed sleep, but first he needed another shower, he just didn't feel clean.

Slowly he shifted his weight, slipping off the bed. Rolling his arms he stretched, as he moved padding on bare feet into the 'fresher. Briefly he raised his hand, fingers subtly moving. The sound of gently falling water filled the small room. Closing his eyes he concentrated, depressing the buttons in the closed stall, gently increasing the temperature. Opening his eyes he briefly considered walking to the basin and looking into the mirror, briefly. A shudder coursed over his fur, not now.

Pushing off his sleep pants he left them in a crumpled pile on the cool durasteel floor. He was not ready to look, not yet. Steam began to fill the 'fresher, claws scraped the door pulling it open when he heard a muffled thump. Ear twitching he turned, standing before him was Kit her pale skin marked and indented from sleeping in her armor. Which was gone. Adrik silently wondered how did she do that? He never even heard a sound and she had awakened and removed it and now stood clad only in her black under shirt.

“Hey,” she murmured, rubbing her eye as she walked towards him.

“Sorry I didn't mean to wake you.”

“Its alright,” she stepped closer. “Taking a shower? Here? We can go back to the Estate.”

Adrik frowned dropping his eyes as he scratched his head. “No, I … I just feel off. Thought another shower would help.”

She stepped closer resting her hands on his bare shoulders, fingers running through his fur. “You feel off? Did the meditation not help? Do you need me to meditate with you?”

“I don't know, I just can't shake the feeling something is wrong.”

“Hmm,” she hummed as she stepped closer. Her fingers touched his chin gently lifting his head. “Well,” she looked into his eyes, “they are a lovely shade of brown.”

“What!” His eyes widened, “Brown, how is that even possible?”

Her low chuckle filled the air, “It's not, they are violet and blue, though more meditation or maybe some stances might help. There is still gold in your irises.”

“They are not red anymore?” Adrik could not repress the shudder that coursed through him.

“No hon they are not red, most of the corruption is gone.” Her fingers slid down his neck, resting on his shoulders. “I am wondering how you managed to pull so deeply, I thought your ability to manipulate the Force was limited.”

“It is, I, well I was given this armband by the spirits in that Temple. I don't know how to describe it, but when I wear it I can feel and use the Dark Side. Just the Dark Side though, it is all I can see. I was wearing it when...”

“Being in the Temple I was overwhelmed and it felt so good. I didn't want to stop. I kept drawing on it, then I couldn't stop. I barely remember leaving the Temple, I don't know how I did, I remember being there in that room with your father and … and my Grandfather.” Adrik's voice dropped to a whisper as another tremor rolled through him, “Then I remember being here and looking at my reflection in the mirror. I didn’t know what to do I felt horrible, drained and dirty, my eyes,” Adrik shivered. “I didn’t recognize myself, I didn’t know what to do when a shower didn’t help I thought it was permanent that I had failed again.”

“No,” she stepped closer, her body pressed against his, “No you didn't fail, I should have covered how to control it, that was my failing. I had thought that aspect of your training could wait until the block had been lifted.” Kit rested her head on his shoulder. “I will remedy that so this will not happen again.” Her hand slipped down his back, resting against his waist. “You said the Temple Spirits gave it to you? Where is it now?”

“Our bedroom here on the ship, thought it would be safe here.”

“Will you let me look at it later?”

“Yes, I will,” he wrapped his arms around her burying his nose into her hair. “I think I upheld my end too.”

“Upheld your end?”

He nodded, “I promised I would kill him, vowed it, sealed it with blood.” He tightened his grip, pulling her closer, “They showed me what he did, what they did to me when I was little. I am terrified I will have to go to Tython, that those damned Jedi will be the only ones who can reverse this.”

“I have not given up on finding a way to remove the block Adrik. The knowledge is out there, we will find it.”

Adrik closed his eyes, inhaling as he ran his hands down her back, “What would I do without you?”

“Probably made General by now.”

He barked a small laugh.

“Come,” she let go of him, “You wanted to take a shower, lets get cleaned up and head into the city.”

“The City? What's there?”

“You will have to come with me and see.”

AN

I can't remember if there is a prompt for this one.

On another note, I had actually played around with the Grandfather being around longer, it just never happened. I feel like he came in and out to quickly, just could never find a way to extend his stay.

• 3 weeks later...

CHAPTER 64 PART II

Year 3634 Month 7 morning after preceding chapter

DROMUND KAAS

“I honestly don't think I have ever seen so much black fabric before,” he snorted.

“Hush,” Kit shook her head, “there is red and grey too.”

“Yeah dark grey.”

“Grey is a colour, come on.” She moved deeper into the countless racks of clothing.

Scowling he followed her, “This really isn't what I had in mind.”

“Honestly Adrik,” she whispered, “You can't keep wearing your faded pub fatigues. What if something happens and you have to come into the City?” She looked up at him, fingers running along some black garment. “You showing up here in an old pub clothes and a tattered robe, that would cause more trouble. Lets pick some things out, it's not that bad.”

Frowning he shook his head, “Fine,” he muttered.

Ignoring his grousing she picked up a black shirt, long sleeved with straps and buckles. Brow raised she showed it to him.

“No, to complicated. I can just hear you complaining about trying to take it off of me.”

“Good point”, she conceded returning it to the rack. Scanning the room she moved away from him. “Here,” she picked up a black robe; it was rather simple, full-length, close fitted sleeves. “You need another, you really do. You only have one, well two if you cont the old ratty one you have been wearing. The nice one Jaesa made was ruined...” she trailed off holding it up and walking it over to him. “Here try it on.”

“Yeah,” he whispered as he took the robe, slipping it off its hanger. The material felt nice, soft, almost silky, and a decent weight. Handing Kit the hanger he placed his arms in the sleeves, shrugging his shoulders he pulled the robe into place. Running clawed fingertips over the dark fabric he smoothed it.

“It looks good.”

“It's a little long,” he frowned.

“Well we don't buy this one. It will be tailored to fit. I will have them sent to the Estate.”

“Tailored?” he looked at her brow furrowed.

“Yes,” she smiled. “Everything here is tailored, once we are finished we will see the tailor and in a day or two they will be completed and sent to our home.

“Huh, I have never had anything tailored to fit before. My uniforms were all standard sizes.”

Kit's smile grew; he could tell she was biting her tongue. He decided it was best not to ask. In one fluid motion he slipped the robe off. “So everything in here is like that?” Kit just nodded. “What do they have?”

“Oh, everything, slacks, shirts, suits, undergarments, boots, shoes, belts.”

“Really...” his head started scanning the racks, “do they have jackets, leatheris ones?”

“We do,” a smooth tenor voice spoke behind him.

Adrik turned to address the speaker, a slight, small framed Sith Pureblood wearing dark red robes, a simple hilt hung on his hip.

“Bantha and soft nerf calf, which I personally recommend. If you have something specific in mind I will try to procure it for you.”

“Afternoon Lord Dyrik,” Kit smiled offering the Pureblood a small nod of her head. “We need a few things. His wardrobe is a bit... sparse.”

“I will be happy to assist,” the Pureblood reached out gently taking the robe away form Kit. “How may I assist you?” he turned his red gaze towards Adrik.

“Well, I um... need more clothes, shirts, slacks.” Adrik sighed, “Pretty much everything.”

“I see,” Lord Dyrik turned moving to another rack, picking up a black shirt. It lacked the confusing trappings of the previous shirt; instead the front had a yirt shaped neckline. The right side of the placard extended to the hemline. The sleeves were form fitting, they looked to tight. He reached out taking the offered shirt, the sleeves were to tight, one rapid saber move and he would rip the sleeves apart. He liked it though, the material was light, a claw played with the placard, there were four of them all running parallel, the second row hid the buttons. Pity he would destroy it.

“Something the matter my Lord?” Lord Dyrik asked stepping closer. Adrik shook his head, “No, well yes, I like this shirt but I would rip the sleeves apart.”

“It would not be a problem to change the sleeves.” the Pureblood offered.

“Really?” Adrik ran his claw along the hidden buttons. “Could you remove them completely?”

“Of course, I can do anything you wish.”

“Can you change the colour?” Adrik looked up at the Sith.

“Yes,” the Pureblood nodded, “what do you desire?”

“Well,” Adrik scratched his head, “I would like violet, dark violet.”

“Of course, let's see how it fits.”

Adrik obliged, slipping off the black hand-me-down shirt and handing it to Kit. He removed the new shirt from its hanger, frowning.

“Something the matter?”

Adrik nodded, “I don't think it’s going to fit.” He gestured to his right arm, to the silver band encircling it. “I am not taking it off.”

“Not an issue,” Lord Dyrik held out his hand, “let me see it a moment.” Adrik relinquished the garment. Lord Dyrik quickly turned the shirt inside out, moments later he handed the shirt back to Adrik, though he was still holding black fabric.

Confused Adrik accepted the garment; the sleeves were missing. “How?”

The Pureblood chuckled holding up a small pair of scissors. “I have been doing this a long time my Lord, go on try it on.”

Adrik nodded quickly unbuttoning it. Slipping it on he turned to Kit as he buttoned it. It was really fitted, if he skipped to many workouts or indulged in to many nerf burgers it would show. “How does it look?” The look on Kit's face told him all he needed to know, her eyebrow was lifted, the corner of her lips upturned in a suppressed grin as a warm heady rush rolled off of her.

“Good,” she nodded, “very good. We will take the black one too.”

“Very good, my Lords. If you hand it to me I will mend the garment while you shop. You will be able to wear it home.”

Adrik bit his lip as he unbuttoned the shirt. “So you can alter anything? Change the colour?”

“Yes my Lord, we are a full service shop. Do you have something in mind.”

“I do,” Adrik nodded as he handed the Pureblood the shirt, “but first I need some slacks and boots.”

“Ahh yes, those boots do look a bit... worn.”

“A bit?” Adrik snorted.

“How about something lighter? We have many lighter leatheris boots in stock. Are you interested in leatheris pants? There are several pair that I believe will suit your needs, well made, reinforced without any added bulk and cumbersome adornments. They would compliment the shirt you picked out. Though if you want them in any colours besides black it will take a few weeks.”

“That is fine, where are they?”

“This way please,” the Pureblood gestured across the room, moving through the racks.

Kit moved next to him her brow arched. “What are you planning?”

He smiled, “I think I have found a way to return to my apartment and get my things, my clothes.”

“On Coruscant?” she whispered, her hand grabbing his shoulder.

“Yes,” he nodded, “I think I have an idea that will work.” His smile grew as he patted her hand. “Come this was your idea, lets go look at the boots.”

“Adrik, what are you up to?”

He stepped closer to her, tilting his head to kiss her. “Trust me, I have an idea. Let me work out the details and I will tell you.”

“Do you want my help? I can help.”

“No Kit,” he kissed her again his lips lingering against hers. “I know you can, I want to do this myself. Lets not keep that Pureblood waiting,” he grasped her hand and followed the path the Sith Lord had taken through the racks.

AN

A little mundane, prompt for this one was shopping or maybe fashion... so lets say both :)

Trying to stick with the aurebesh alphabet the v character, Vev, looks like a y, and the y character, yirt, looks more like a v. so instead of a v shaped neckline its a y shape. I hope that makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Friday. Taking a moment for myself so I am going to sit and post another chapter. :)

PART II CHAPTER 65

Timeline: Year 3634 Month 7 (I think):o

DROMAND KAAS DARKSUN ESTATE

The patter of little feet echoed down the stone corridor. Brow arched he turned to look at Kit'ar. “What do you think they are up to now?”

She shook her head, frowning slightly as she looked up from her datapad. “No idea, I bet we will be finding out though.”

As if on cue the door swung inward propelled forward by tiny hands as the twins barged their way into the bedchamber. They ran into the room yelling, “Hi Mommy,” and leapt onto the bed giggling as they bounced. Adrik put his hands up to his face to shield himself from their over exuberant affection. They always managed to pull his mane, an ear, his beard, an earring; he did wonder at times if they did it intentionally.

“Come on,” they each grabbed one of his hands and pulled, “come on Uncle Aric.”

“Where are we going?” He let them pull his arms away from his face as he sat up on the bed.

“It’s story time,” Kyra said, beaming.

“Yea!” Her twin brother shouted, “Great Grandfather is telling stories.”

He looked over at Kit'ar. “He tells bedtime stories?”

“Not really bedtime stories, but they are stories, I grew up listening to them.” She sat her datapad down on the nightstand. “You might find them enlightening my dear.”

“Yeah come on,” the kids resumed yanking on his arms.

“Okay, okay I’m coming, I’m coming.” He slid his feet over the edge of the bed. He looked over at Kit'ar across the room; she was already on her feet and headed out the door.

“Where is your Father?” She called after the twins.

“With Grandfather,” their voices echoed back.

Adrik hesitated outside the room. Inside everyone had gathered around the roaring hearth, the firelight reflecting off the many statues, weapons and artifacts displayed in the room. To the side of the massive stone hearth sat Great Grandfather. Kit'ar was sitting in a heavy chair, knees tucked under her chin. Pierce sat leaning up against her chair, his head resting against Kit'ar's feet, their son Aryn in his lap. Beside Pierce reclined Jaesa soaking up the fires warmth. Even Vette was sitting stretched out on an ornate couch, little Kyra tucked in beside her.

Slowly he slipped inside the room, just inside the threshold. Leaning up against the wall he watched the aged Pureblood. The ancient Sith settled himself further into the recesses of his chair, lowering his hood. The firelight glinted off his gold jewelry, his pure white hair. The man's green eyes took on an eerie glow. His dark red skin shining as his four fingered hands folded themselves in his lap.

“So,” his voice was rich, deep, a voice deceivingly youthful, “you wish to hear a story this evening.”

“Yes Great Grandfather,” the twins responded.

“Aye,” Pierce nodded. “It's been a while m' Lord since we have heard one of your stories.”

“Good, good.” The aged Sith smiled, white pointed teeth flashing in the light. “I will start with a favorite.”

“One day two Masters of the Force were arguing philosophy. The elder, a man, was touting the strengths of his of his beliefs; to suppress your emotions, to rise above them. The other Master scoffed at his words, she shook her head arguing; to not suppress ones emotions but to draw on them, that was one's true source of power. When they both suddenly stopped their ageless debate.”

“Approaching them was a young man, strong in the Force, they could feel his untapped power. The woman turned to the old man, 'let us pose to him our argument, let him decide which is more powerful.' The old man puffed up his chest, 'very well,' he walked off to meet the man. He began talking to the man; the young man hunched over crossed his arms in front of himself, his eyes narrowed as listened, his face horrified at all the rules, regulations and restrictions in the old man's philosophy.”

“Smiling the woman moved towards them, a graceful swagger to her step. She stepped closer, the young man looked up. She shook her head, discounting the old man's beliefs she explained her own; the embracing the encouraging of passion. The young man straightened, his arms dropped as she ran her hand across his shoulders. He reached out after her as she passed teasingly out of his grasp.”

“The old man protested and chastised the young man, such things were not allowed. She shrugged; she encouraged such things. The young man turned on the old man, lightening erupting from his fingertips. The old man slumped to the ground lifeless. Smiling the woman retrieved and handed the young man his weapon. Clasping the young man's hand she lead him down the road, smiling silently, triumphant at her victory and her prize.”

“I have always like that one,” Kit'ar stated, her hand idly running through Pierce's close-cropped hair.

The aged Pureblood smiled, “I remember little one.” Kit'ar smiled dropping her hand and reclining into the chair. “Now,” the ancient Sith looked around the room, “what does it mean?”

Adrik pressed himself against the wall, trying to shrink into it. From the floor Pierce spoke, “Sith are stronger.” Grandfather nodded.

From the floor where she still reclined Jaesa mumbled, “The Jedi presume to much, try to force their philosophies on those around them.”

“Accurate observation, how about you little blue one?”

Vette tucked her arm around the slumbering six year old. “Jedi are bossy, Sith are sneaky. Oh,” she waved her free hand around the room, “but not you guys.”

The ancient Sith laughed. Adrik watched Grandfather nod and then the ancient Pureblood's head swung to face him. Unconsciously he pressed himself harder against the wall. “And you Jen'jidai, what do you say?”

Adrik swallowed, aware every eye in the room was watching him. “Persuasion is better than force. Forceful words will discourage and close off ones mind, but simple understanding, being given a choice will open it to your words.”

“Very good,” the ancient Pureblood was smiling.

Adrik's eyes roamed the room; every face he met was nodding in agreement. Kit'ar met his eyes, a warm smile on her lips, well done she mouthed.

“Another Grandfather,” Aryn mumbled from his father's arms, “I want another.” The little boy rubbed his green eyes and yawned watching the Pureblood expectantly.

“Another hmmm,” Great Grandfather reached up left hand stroking the right tentacle that graced his chin.

“Very well,” the ancient Sith shifted his weight back against the deeply padded chair.

“Once there was a wise Lord. He had grown tired of the constant fighting and quarreling within his family. Such squandering waste. One evening he called his unruly brood to his chambers. He held in his hands a bundle of sticks, each a different size and shape all roughly the same length. He held it out to his gathered family, bidding them to break the bundle, using only their physical strengthen.”

“Each tried in turn to break the bundle; each failed, passing it to the next. Subdued they watched him waiting. The elder Lord held up the bundle. 'This is how we need to be, unified in our strength, our differences forgotten. For if we are truly to thrive we must destroy those around us.' He untied the bundle; the sticks fell clattering to his feet. His foot rose and came crashing down splintering the sticks. 'Let those who would war against us be destroyed underfoot, unable to harm us, for we are united with the single purpose to thrive and conquer.' His family nodded, understanding as they filed out of the room, vowing to combine their tireless destructive efforts to further the families interests and honor.”

Adrik looked around, the room had grown silent, around him everyone was slumbering. Quiet snores filled the air competing with the snapping and popping of the hearthbound fire. Looking up his eyes locked onto the Pureblood's. The man smiled, his fingertips stroking his chin. Adrik shuddered dropping his eyes, staring at his feet. When the Pureblood spoke again his voice was quiet but inescapable.

“There was a slave, strong, broad of shoulder, clever, who kept a hidden truth. The slave was sensitive. This slave served three masters, Sith Lords, who in their arrogance assumed the slave's quiet nature belied stupidity. They beat, starved and overworked this slave. He kept his rage, his hatred to himself, he nurtured and fed off of it, waiting biding his time.”

“The prideful arrogant masters were sloppy; they instructed their apprentices in his presence, they left their precious secrets laying in the open. The slave secretly helped himself to their vast knowledge learning the lessons each Master posed to their students. He became so adept he mastered each Master's secrets, their specialties within the Dark Arts and he memorized their weakness to exploit them.”

“When he was ready he attacked, silently, in the dead of night. He slew them quickly, the first died in an intense barrage of violet lightening, unable to adequately block such an attack. The next grew weak, his reserves exhausted as he was harried from all sides, unable to duel the physically stronger slave. The last lost his focus, his connection, the Dark Side refusing him, unable to admit the truth, that the slave was stronger. He died with a protest on his lips as his head was separated from his shoulders.”

“A slave no longer, the new Lord assumed control of all he saw before him.”

Adrik felt the Pureblood's gaze on him, slowly he looked up to meet his shining green eyes. The man's eyes stared right through him demanding Adrik's attention and those eyes were laughing. Great Grandfather stood slowly, picking his way around the slumbering bodies of his family. He paused next to Adrik, “Learn from this, you simply have to reach out to seize what is rightfully yours.” Hesitant Adrik nodded, keeping his eyes locked onto the Pureblood's. It seemed to be what he wanted, the ancient Pureblood slipped his hands into his robes and walked out of the room.

“Hey Adrik,” Pierce's sleepy voice called to him. Blinking Adrik turned to look at him. Pierce had gotten to his feet cradling his sleeping son against his chest, the boy's head on his shoulder. “Can you help me with Kyra?” He motioned to the slumbering six year old curled up next to a quietly snoring Vette.

Nodding he silently padded over and gently picked up the little girl.

Her green eyes blinked open as he settled her against his bare chest. Her little fingers ran through his fur, “Uncle Aric?” she mumbled.

“Shhh, it's me go back to sleep, I’m carrying you to bed Kyra.” She nodded as her eyes closed, snuggling her head into his tawny chest.

Adrik looked over his shoulder for Pierce, the man was leaning over Jaesa d****** a blanket over her curled up slumbering form. He gestured back to Adrik for him to cover up Vette. Adrik leaned over careful not to disturb the sleeping child in his arms or the crashed out Twi'lek, as he pulled a heavy blanket over Vette.

Adrik realized Kit'ar was already covered with a blanket curled up into the chair, head resting on the plushly upholstered arm. He padded across the room, gently brushing her auburn hair out of her face, he bent to kiss her forehead.

Sighing he straightened and moved to stand next to Pierce. He looked up at the large man. Pierce looked down at him, the corners of his eyes crinkling. Wonderful he thought to himself, he's laughing at me too. Adrik wondered if that was something all Imperials were taught, that annoying ability to laugh at someone with out cracking a smile.

“He likes you, I have never heard that story before.” Pierce bent over whispering. “Its a fitting one too. When you are finally ready to act, you do realize that we will be there, right?”

Adrik chewed on his lip, unsure how to answer. “You are not alone,” Pierce's huge hand settled on his shoulder, gently squeezing before it was gone. “Lets get the twins to bed.” Pierce walked out of the room and down the ancient stone corridor heading towards the twins' room. Adrik looked back over his shoulder at the sleeping forms within and fell instep behind the huge Imperial.

AN

Prompt Myths, Legends and Heroes:

This one is a very old one, written back in '13 if the old notes are to be believed. There has been a bit of editing, I think it still fits.

Cookies to the folks who read the AN and can guess where the inspiration for this one came from, where my inspiration came from for Grandfather's stories :)

• 4 weeks later...

Awww, I was hoping I would get at least a couple curious nibbles over which myths/fables were used :(

Here is the next installment.

PART II CHAPTER 66

Year 3634 roughly 7-8 months after he wakes up

CORUSCANT

… you are now cleared to land. Please head to docking bay 24B and welcome to Coruscant.”

“Acknowledged, preparing landing procedures, Caerulum Sunset out.” Her voice was clear accent was nondescript unmemorable. Leaning forward she pressed the intercom button, “Attention we are now heading into the atmosphere, landing in Bay 24B in approximately five minutes. Please be ready to disembark and thank you for traveling with the Caerulum Sunset ” her voice laughing, sliding back into her crisp Dromund Kaas accent.

She rose to walk towards the common area of the ship. Her passengers were lounging around the table while they waited for her. She paused next to them slipping into a parade rest. “Now,” she smiled, “we have a window of twenty four hours to be here, I expect everyone back aboard the ship so we can depart with out incident. Please. My Lords.” She looked pointedly at both the Sith sitting on the couch. The Cathar at least had the decency to nod and look solemn, the Wrath on the other hand she just smirked.

“My Lord,” she looked directly at the Wrath, “twenty four hours without incident, I know you can do it.”

“Oh alright,” the Sith rolled her eyes, “fine, but if someone starts something I’m finishing it.”

Sighing she nodded and gestured to the door. “Enjoy your stay.”

The Cathar extended his hand, helping the Wrath off the couch; he slid his arm around her waist and grinned. As they walked down the hall towards the airlock, Vector came to stand next to her. The corner of his mouth twitching in a small smile. “We do wonder at the wisdom of this. Perhaps twenty-four hours is to small of a window for them to sack anything.”

She sighed, shaking her head, “We can only hope.”

~*~

“Stars, this place is huge,” she whispered to Adrik as they traveled through the never-ending concourse.

He laughed, “Yes its rather sprawling, should try running through it in full durasteel sometime.”

She crinkled up her nose, “No thank you.”

“So how much further,” she looked around herself amazed at the sheer number of beings that surrounded them, they were adrift in a sea of countless aliens, humans, humanoids, in every size, shape and colour imaginable. She was finding navigating the surging tide of bodies challenging. “How do you get anywhere in a place like this?”

“Here my dear,” he leaned over her, “let me lead.” He grabbed her hand and stepped in front of her and they were off. He wove and danced his way through the crowd, managing to move with the massive flow of beings. She moved as quickly as she could, keeping her eyes focused on the dark chocolate of his robe.

When they broke out of the Spaceport she stopped short staring at the overhead sky. It was amazing. Endless streams of traffic crisscrossed the bright blue sky. Sprouting through the atmosphere countless highrises brushed the stratosphere. Ahead she saw a huge building graced with carved columns and statues. “Oh is that the tower?” She looked back at him eyes wide.

He looked ahead, he nodded, “Yes it is.”

“Oh I want to go there.”

“Kit I don't know if that is a good idea.”

“Oh what can happen,” she smiled, “Jedi go there don't they?”

“Yes,” he nodded, “they do but we are not Jedi.”

She shrugged, “and who knows that, try not to spark and I promise I won't choke anyone. Lets go see it.”

“Fine,” he exhaled, “we can go see.”

Grinning she laced her fingers through his and pulled him towards the tower.

Pausing at the staircase she stared up at the building. “Now that is just impressive. I have a feeling its just as impressive on the inside isn't it?”

He chewed on his lip as he stared at the building.

“Shall we?” she smiled.

He smiled back and reclaimed his hand, bending down he whispered, “Public displays of affection will give us away as quickly as black robes. After you,” he gestured up the stairs.

She bounded up the stairs pausing to take in the huge gardens that flanked the tower. “Oh gardens,” and she promptly headed off to explore.

Smiling he watched her wander off, amazed. It was as if she never had a care in the world.

When he caught up to her she was looking at a bed of lilies, her hand tracing the deep violet petals. “These remind me of the lilies in the garden back home. They are lovely.” As she caressed the snowy white shoulder of the flower a large raindrop landed on her hand.

“What,” she muttered, looking overhead.

“What’s the matter?” He looked at her puzzled.

“It’s raining.”

“Yes it is.”

“But,” she looked overhead her hood slipping, “it’s not storming.” She watched the sky entranced, searching for the lightening storm that was not there.

She looked back over her shoulder at Adrik, smiling.

“What?” He watched her tilt her head back as the warm plump droplets landed on her exposed face.

“Its the best welcome I have ever received, the lilies, the gardens, the rain. It's almost like home.”

AN

Prompt: Climate with a bit of stomping grounds

I found an old spelling of cerulean https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerulean

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, sorry everybody, I totally let time get away from me. On a positive note, I do believe I aced all my courses. :cool:

Here is the next bit. If I am able I will double post this week, to try and make up for not posting for a month. :o

PART II CHAPTER 67

Timeline: Year 3634 Month 8; Moments later

Spoilers:...

CORUSCANT

“I want to go inside.” Kit looked up at the towering Tower.

“Kit!” Adrik hissed through clenched teeth. “I really don't think that is a good idea. What if someone recognizes you, or worse they recognize me?”

“Oh please. Who is going to recognize me? It's not like there is some master list of all the Sith in the galaxy.” Kit'ar rolled her emerald eyes as she stared upward.

“Well actually... “Adrik trailed off, it would probably be best to leave that tidbit of information in the past. “It is possible, you do sit on the Council. It's possible, come on Kit lets not.”

Her hand reached out grabbing his, gently squeezing she pulled him off the railing. Shaking his head he pulled backwards placing his back against the solid stone. Kit followed him, placing her body in front of his. “Please, when am I going to get the chance to go in there again?” She leaned in her lips by his ear. “Lets go in, just one quick look. I promise I will try to behave.” Ruby painted lips grazed his earlobe, her tongue flicked out playing with the aurodium.

He growled pulling his head backwards, “Like you are behaving now?”

She chuckled as she smiled at him, “I am simply trying to convince you.” She followed his head, her hand resting on his chest. “Please.” She stared at him, emerald eyes pleading. “An hour or two, it is huge. Then we can go.” She leaned in her cheek brushing against his, “How far is it to your apartment?” Kit whispered against his ear.

“It is close,” he growled.

“Then let's go in and see and then we can head to your apartment. I don't want to be here any longer than twenty-four hours. If we are not there she will leave us. I don't want to have to arrange transport off this planet.”

Adrik sighed, “I am not comfortable going in there Kit. I have this odd feeling about this trip.”

Kit's smile faded, “What is wrong?”

Adrik shook his head, “Nothing I can put my finger on.” He sighed, “It might be nothing, jumping at old ghosts. I just have this odd feeling about going in there.” He breathed against her neck, shifting his weight against the stone railing.

“Lets go in and look, no one knows we are here. I look nothing like I normally do, I will keep my hood up and my hands off,” she smiled lowering her hands taking a respectful step backwards. “Afterwards we will go back and get the items you want from your apartment. Maybe you can show me a few more sights, or we could go out for dinner. No one knows who we are; we can relax and enjoy ourselves. If you are still feeling off we can check into a cantina for the evening.” She smiled up at him. “Please.”

He looked at her beaming smile peaking out beneath the gold-trimmed cream hood. She really didn't look like her usual self, her typical black attire replaced with creamy robes and golden armor. She had even donned the black wig she wore all those months ago. The ebony curls framed her porcelain-skinned face, black brows rose questioning as she waited. She definitely didn't look like herself; she was right, who could possibly recognize them? They both looked like two Jedi, as long as they acted the part they would blend right in. Especially in the tower, Jedi moved through there un-hassled all the time.

“Alright,” he relented, “but if anyone, anyone at all, stops us or talks to us. Let me do the talking and please, please hide your accent.”

“Deal!” she grinned, dropping her hands to her sides, her excited fingers fidgeting with the trim on the robe. “Show me everything!”

Adrik growled as he pushed away from the stone railing, shaking his head.

Beside him Kit walked her hands loosely clasped before her. Glancing at her out of the corner of his eye, he repressed a smile. She was trying, her face was rather calm, aside for the grin dancing across her lips. Outwardly she was somehow projecting a sense of peace, it was rather impressive considering she was practically vibrating with excitement. If he told her she did a good job masquerading as a Jedi she would get upset. His grin grew, maybe he would mention it after they were off the planet.

“Stay close to me,” he rumbled as they neared the sky-reaching Tower. She slowed her gait, matching his pace. Her pale pink nails fidgeted with each other as she looked upward, staring as they passed through the high vaulted entry way. As they entered the bustling building her brow furrowed momentarily before smoothing. “What is it?” he whispered, keeping his voice soft as he stepped closer.

She gestured to the far wall of the massive foyer. There nestled amongst holo statues and long banners were vidscreens, before which milled countless beings.

“Oh, that.” He leaned towards her keeping his voice low, “They are broadcasting the Senate, I never have paid much attention to it.”

“That is live?” She tilted her head towards him, her eyes never leaving the screens.

“Yes, it is live, you can't go in, but you can watch the proceedings.”

“Really?” she murmured as she suddenly moved away from him.

“Kit!” Adrik hissed his arm reaching out to grab her and closed on thin air. She had moved past him, quickly weaving through the milling throng of people to stand before one of the screens. He frowned as he made his way through the crowd, drawing a couple of annoyed stares. “I told you to stay with me,” he grumbled as he stood next to her.

She stepped closer as she craned her neck upward, watching as the view panned backwards showing the massive Senate chamber and the countless half spherical platforms that lined the interior. “What are those?” she nodded her head towards a moving platform containing a Chagrian in long blue robes gesturing to the assembly.

Adrik's brow shot upward in surprise, “Those are members of Senate; each platform contains a representative.”

Her head turned, she looked up at him, “So, which one is yours?”

“Mine?” his eyes widened as he stared at the countless spheres.

“Yes, which one is Cathar's?”

“I... I really don't know.”

“Shouldn't we find out?” she turned her body towards him, stepping closer. “I mean, don't you want to know? Your Uncle has been getting rather upset with Father, since he has not let the two of you meet yet. Wouldn't it help to know who is the representative in the Senate when you do meet?” She tilted her head towards his, whispering, “You are still planning on seceding?”

He looked at her, his mouth slightly open. “I hadn't, I mean I had. I am planning to yes, after. I want to see Uncle and then figure out what to do.”

“Then we should find out who they are.” Her eyes returned to the screen.

Adrik felt the fur at the nape of his neck stand on end. A shiver coursed down his back. “Kit,” he leaned in closer, “we need to get going.”

“What is it?” She murmured as her eyes scanned the countless platforms.

“I don't know I want to get moving. Come on.”

She pulled her eyes away, “Alright, show me the rest of the Tower.” She smiled up at him.

As he moved away from the large screens he saw a huge Cathar, grey furred, standing a short distance away. As Adrik made eye contact with the much larger male, the grey Cathar clasped his hand into a fist and brought it diagonally across his chest. His yellow-eyed gaze dropped as he bowed his head, taking a step backwards out of Adrik's path. Adrik stared at the man briefly before returning the gesture. The grey furred Cathar kept his head bowed as Adrik moved past him, Kit'ar following closely behind.

Adrik swallowed as he quickened his pace, moving through the high vaulted corridor. Behind him he heard Kit'ar mutter something. A hand grabbed his arm, stopping he turned. Before him Kit stood radiating annoyance; he looked past her down the corridor searching for the unknown Cathar.

“What are you doing?” she demanded.

He stared, watching every moving body mill through the corridor behind them.

“Adrik! What is the matter?”

“The matter?” he shook his head.

“Adrik, I am over here.” Kit canted her hips, crossing her arms.

“I am fine, nothing is the matter.” He pulled his eyes away from the corridor and looked at Kit, she was staring at him, frowning.

“Un, huh.” Her brow arched as her frown deepened.

“I will tell you but not here.” Adrik's gaze flicked back down the corridor. “I promise, lets look at the rest of the Tower.” He looked back at Kit, her arms were hanging at her sides, the frown was gone, replaced with a look of concern.

“Are you sure? I know you don't want to be in here, we can leave.”

“No, no I am alright, let’s go. Down this way is the huge inner chamber; I don't know the fancy name for it. It is really impressive though.”

“Are you sure?” She stepped closer, her hands fidgeting at her sides.

“Yes,” he smiled refusing to look down the corridor again. “Lets go.” She moved to stand next to him, closer than Jedi decorum would actually allow but it was comforting. Together they moved down the corridor.

“Oh wow,” Kit whispered. “It is huge, look at the size of the statues. How many floors are in this place?”

Adrik chuckled as he walked into the huge room. “Quite a few and no we are not going to look at them all. We are not going to go to the second floor or beyond. The Jedi are on the second floor and I don't want to risk it, not today.”

Her nose wrinkled, “I would rather not run into any Jedi.”

“Neither would I.” Adrik shook his head. He suddenly stopped looking to his right. “Huh.”

“What is it?”

“Used to report down that way.” He glanced over at Kit. “Never actually thought I would be here again.”

“Well show me, I would like to see it.” She smiled at him. “I won't touch anything.”

Adrik snorted. “Why am I not surprised? It is not terribly exciting, just a bunch of offices and conference rooms but I will show you.” He pivoted on his foot, “Come on it's this way.” He started down the hallway, walking past closed doors, the endless drone of the countless sentient beings within the Tower faded. As he neared the suit of rooms the squad had reported to, he heard footfalls behind him. Growling his hand went to his hilt, fingers lightly grasping it as he turned.

Standing before him was that grey furred Cathar. Unconsciously he stepped in front of Kit'ar. The massive Cathar, bowed his head his arm again crossing his chest. “Your Grace,” he rumbled.

“What...” Adrik took a step backwards.

The Cathar's head rose, “Your Grace, Prince Adrik.”

“How?” Adrik whispered. “How do you know?”

“How could I not know?” the grey furred Cathar rumbled. “I would recognize you anywhere. Though years it has been since I have seen you last, your Grace. You have the look of your mother.” The Cathar's arm dropped.

“How do you know my Mother?” Adrik whispered, a small tremor running through him.

“I used to work the vineyards at your home, your Grace. I left after your family disappeared. It wasn't the same.”

“Do you know where they are? The rest of my family?” Adrik whispered.

“No, I don't I am sorry. I could barely believe I saw you, I had to follow you and make sure. I am sorry for intruding your Grace.” The Cathar's shoulders slumped and his eyes looked to the floor.

“No, don't be sorry, it's... it's alright. It is. We, the family was taken off Cathar. I am still looking for them. My Uncle was recovered off a Republic prison planet.”

“The great Prince Shange was imprisoned?” His yellow eyes widened as he looked at Adrik.

“Yes, but we have him back. I am still looking for my Mother.”

“It is good, good that he has been found, that you are here. That you are alive. There has been unrest, many unhappy people since your family disappeared.” The grey furred Cathar sighed.

“What is your name?” Adrik asked.

The Cathar smiled, fangs flashing, “I am Rryal. Rryal Belov.”

“Belov, I remember a Ryzul Belov he was the sommelier for Krrul.” Adrik canted his head to the side as he studied the taller man before him, trying desperately to place his face.

“That's right, Ryzul is my Father. He is still there, refused to leave, wanted to make sure the vineyard was looked after.” Rryal chuckled, “Said he would be damned if the wine would suffer while the Katayevs were missing.” The Cathar sobered, “When are you returning home your Grace? It would be good for others in the clans to see you.”

Adrik resisted the overwhelming urge to look over at Kit. He couldn't. Locking eyes with Rryal he took a deep breath. “I want to, soon. I don't know if it is safe for me there.”

Rryal nodded, “When you come, come with force. Make a great show of strength, that will make things go easy.”

“What are you doing here?” an annoyed feminine voice sliced through the quiet conversation.

Adrik's eyes widened as the speaker moved around Rryal's massive grey furred form. His breath caught in his throat. Taking a deep breath he resisted the urge to bolt down the hallway, back into the open central room and out of the Tower.

“This really is not the location to be having... business dealings. I suggest you move on now.”

Rryal growled low in his throat. “We are not conducting business. We...”

“We were catching up, walked back here to get out of the bustle of the central room.” Adrik rumbled as he turned to face the aged Human woman, her grey hair pulled up into a tidy bun. Her pristine uniform, neatly pressed and wrinkle free, just like he remembered her. He swallowed an annoyed growl, forcing his hand to loosen its grip on his lightsaber.

Her blue eyes narrowed as she stared at Adrik. A grey brow quirked as she first studied Adrik's form and then those critical eyes scanned Kit'ar's robed and hooded form. “Don't most Jedi congregate on the second floor?”

Beside him Kit shuffled her feet, he felt the anger roll off of her. Adrik nodded, “Normally yes, we were on our way out when I ran into an old acquaintance. I had thought the rooms unoccupied and our brief meeting here would not be intruding.” Adrik gently nudged Rryal, the other Cathar's eyes subtly looked over at him. “I would love to continue this conversation, perhaps you can contact me when you have a moment?” Adrik held out his hand.

Rryal nodded, reaching into his belt he pulled out his datapad. Giving the Human woman a snarling glare he handed it to Adrik. Forcing his shaking hand to still Adrik entered his personal holo contact. Handing it back to Rryal he cleared his throat, “Dinner perhaps. Let me know when you are available.”

Rryal nodded bowing his head, “Of course.” He shifted his massive form between Adrik and the frowning Human woman.

Adrik bowed his head in return, quickly stepping around Rryal and moving at a rapid clip down the hall. He refused to look behind as he walked down the corridor, he knew Kit was behind him. He moved as quickly as he could, without drawing attention.

Kit hurried to walk next to him, wordlessly following him through the Tower and back into the bright sunlight.

*~*~*

“So who was that woman?” Kit asked her voice quiet as they left the taxi pad. She walked beside him matching his pace. “You knew her but you didn't identify yourself. Why?”

He glanced at her as he continued to walk towards the quickly approaching apartment door. “That woman was the General.”

“General?” Kit stopped walking.

Adrik stopped next to her. “General Garza, the woman in charge of SpecForces.”

“Do you think she recognized you?”

Adrik shook his head, “Don't think so, I didn't sense a single flicker of recognition.” He sighed, “It would be stupid to discount it completely though.”

“What do you want to do?” She stepped closer.

“What we set out to do. I want to get my things out of the apartment. We are not staying here tonight though. We will find a room, anywhere.” He paused in front of the closed door. Taking a deep breath he keyed in his doorcode into the numpad. Thankfully the door slid open.

Stepping inside his lips turned down in a frown. There was a thin layer of dust covering the apartment. Scanning the dim interior he studied the flooring, there barely noticeable as a faint track of boots. Adrik's hand rose and the door slid shut behind him.

“Is everything alright?” Kit asked stepping next to him.

“Don't know, stay behind me.” Adrik followed the faded boot prints as they moved through the apartment; they went in a straight line never deviating from their course. They stopped in front of his armoire. “Oh, Elara,” Adrik muttered. He opened the armoire, clawed fingers pushing open the hidden panel in the back; they closed on empty black air. The datapad and bag of credit chips and chits was gone. She had at least made it this far. Adrik frowned head tilting forward as he closed the panel.

“Well, she made it this far,” he muttered.

“Who did? Elara?” Kit asked stepping closer.

“Yes, she also received a dead drop message along with Master Timmns. I hope she is alright.”

“I am sure she is, she is a smart woman.” A comforting hand grasped his shoulder. “Lets get the things you want. I would like to get out of here, check into a nice cantina order some room service. Seeing those people has rattled you. Lets find a nice place to lay low.” He looked over his shoulder at her. She offered him a smile, leaning in she kissed him briefly.

Nodding he reached into the armoire pulling out a well-worn leatheris jacket. “Let me grab a few things, I will come back another time to get the rest.”

“What do you want me to do?”

“You don't have to do anything. Take a look around, if you see something small you think we should take, grab it. I am going to get some of favorite clothes, a few things from in here.”

“Alright,” she smiled at him as she moved away from him heading back through the apartment.

He watched her back for a few moments before he returned his attention to the jacket in his hands. Gently he folded it and put it into the very worn duffle in the bottom of his armoire. Looking through the clothes he removed a dark blue dress shirt and folded it setting it on top of the jacket. With a sigh he touched a cream coloured shirt, quickly he slipped it off the hanger, folding it as he reached for another shirt. He wanted to get off this planet before he ran into anyone else. The faster he got away from his apartment and to a nice quiet cantina, the sooner he could minimize the chances of seeing anyone else.

An I did ace my exams, sitting at a 4.0 let's hope I can keep it up :)

Here is the next one.

PART II CHAPTER 68

Year 3634 Month 8 later that afternoon.

CORUSCANT / REVISSE

“Relax, everything will be fine.” She moved closer her hand reaching out to gently grab his.

“I will relax when we are in hyperspace.” Adrik tipped his head forward, the cowl falling further over his face. “This entire trip has had my fur on end.” He turned away from her resisting the urge to touch her. He really needed their cover to hold, they had to make it through dinner. From here they were going to a cantina for the night and then they are finally leaving the planet.

“Adrik, this is because of that woman isn't it?”

He nodded, “It is.”

She frowned, dropping his hand. “So, what is good here?”

Adrik shook his head, “I have honestly never been here before. It is a bit above my paygrade, mostly upper brass, senators.”

“Oh, should we be here then? I don't actually feel any other Force users in here.”

He nodded, “It is why I picked this place. We won't have to work as hard to keep our cover. It is tiring. I want to at least enjoy my meal. Plus I always wanted to eat here, when am I going to have the chance again?”

Kit nodded her head, “How much longer do you think we will have to wait?”

“Probably not much longer. It has a reputation for being a rather busy place but quick.” Adrik sighed, “I just want a nice secluded section to sit in and eat.”

She looked once again over the busy restaurant; the outer walls were massive transparisteel windows, which showcased the Coruscante skyline. Most of the seating seemed to be placed to take advantage of the view. She didn't see any seating that looked remotely secluded, sighing she scanned the busy interior again. Perhaps they could find a nice table away from the window.

“Your table is now ready.”

Kit turned to look at the speaker; standing before them was a tall red-skinned man. Her eyebrow rose as he flashed her a wide smile, white teeth shining. His bright blue eyes peered out from under purposefully tousled midnight blue hair that was so dark it was nearly black. She caught herself staring, as the speaker continued wait patiently.

“If you are ready, your table is now ready.” He spoke again, smiling.

Beside her Adrik answered. “We are ready.”

“This way please.” The man turned, moving away from them. Kit blinked and continued after him.

Adrik muttered next to her, “Liked him did you?”

A deep furious blush crept across her cheeks, “I didn't, I mean he is attractive but I...” she stammered as the blush deepened.

Adrik shook his head, fangs flashing in a toothy grin. “Never met a Zeltron before have you? They are all like that.”

“What?” Kit whispered, she tried and failed to pull her eyes off of the man's backside as he lead them through the restaurant.

Adrik chuckled under his breath, “They are, the whole lot of them, never seen one that wasn't extremely attractive. They also emit pheromones; there was one in my Academy class. She was stunning, left a string of broken hearts behind her. I also learned the hard way, never get into a drinking competition with one.”

The Zeltron host stopped in front of them. He looked at them, smiling. “I had a feeling you were looking for a quiet place. This offers you some seclusion yet you still have a view.” He gestured to a cozy table tucked up against a wood paneled wall and nestled by a large wooden half wall topped with lush green plants. “Will this suit your needs?”

“Yes,” Adrik growled. “This is good.”

The Zeltron moved to pull out a chair, he gestured to Kit'ar. Adrik gently nudged her, while suppressing a grin. She pulled her eyes off of him blinking, “Oh yes, thank you.” She moved to sit in the offered chair; attempting to keep her eyes off of the young man and failing.

Across from her Adrik sat down, she heard him order drinks as she watched the host. The Zelton nodded and moved away from the table to fill the order.

“He was doing it on purpose.”

“Huh,” Kit pulled her eyes off the Zeltron's retreating form. Blinking she looked at Adrik.

Adrik snorted shaking his head, grinning. “Our host, he was doing it on purpose. I told you they have this pheromone thing. Though he thought he was just teasing a Jedi.” Adrik leaned over, setting his hand on hers, his thumbclaw rubbing the back of her hand. “I don't think he has a clue it's a rather dangerous idea to tease you like that.”

“You're not upset?”

Adrik shook his head, “Not at all, he's a good looking man and he wasn't actually playing fair. I forget how limited your exposure to other species is.” He wrapped his fingers over her hand. “It was rather amusing seeing you so flustered and distracted.”

Kit dropped her eyes, “It is not funny.”

Adrik snorted, “Keep telling yourself that. It was pretty funny.”

Kit focused on the tablecloth, looking at the gold threads running through the navy material. Taking a deep breath she forced the image of their Zeltron host out her mind. Exhaling through parted lips she looked up at Adrik, he was grinning from ear to ear, his violet eyes sparkling.

“Babe, if you need a moment I did see the 'fresher on the way in.” Adrik gestured towards the other side of the restaurant. “It's over there near the bar.”

Kit nodded pushing her chair away from the table and heading in the direction Adrik pointed. She kept her eyes straight ahead, determined to avoid the Zeltron's signature. The last thing she wanted was to run into him again. Not that he wasn't attractive.... stop it she mentally chastised herself. Before her she saw rich dark wood and the glittering arrangement of glasses. Behind the bar she found the refresher. Allowing herself to take a breath she slipped into the refresher as the door slid open before her.

Walking to a smooth stone basin she turned on the faucet letting the cool water flow over her hands. Wetting her fingertips she carefully pressed them under her eyes. Exhaling she looked at her reflection in the mirror. Lowering her cowl she leaned in, willing the redness in her cheeks to disappear. Dabbing her fingers along her cheekbones she mentally chastised her reflection. She had never been so flustered around someone like that before, it was unnerving. The fact it could be construed as normal did not help. At all.

She heard the door swoosh open. Ignoring the newcomer she continued to study her reflection in the mirror. She was going to have to reapply her make-up. Reaching into a pouch on her belt she pulled out her powder. As she loaded up the small puff with the pale slightly shimmery powder, Kit realized someone was looking at her.

Her emerald gaze shifted to the other person in the refresher. She suppressed her surprise, keeping her face neutral as she looked at the refresher's other occupant. Leaning forward Kit watched the woman as she tapped the puff against the small compact in her hand. The woman's blue eyes were watching her intently as her hands pulled against her uniform, pretending to be adjusting a perfectly immaculate shirt.

Kit brought the puff to her cheeks, deftly reapplying the powder. She studied the woman who had so thoroughly rattled her Husband. Her alert blue eyes had yet to leave Kit's reflection, watching as she applied the make-up.

Returning the puff to the compact, Kit'ar snapped it shut. Inwardly smiling as the Human next to her momentarily started before regaining her cool composure. Deft fingers returned the black compact to her belt. Pulling out a tube of lipstick she returned to preening in the mirror. Slowly Kit opened the tube of ruby red lipstick. Leaning forward slightly she shifted her gaze to her own reflection as she puckered her lips, reapplying her favorite colour.

It was that moment the Human woman next to her decided to finally speak. “Nice colour.”

Kit looked at her and smiled, “Thank you.” She watched the woman carefully, outwardly she gave no indication of concern at hearing Kit's accent. Kit felt her apprehension for a few moments before the woman collected herself.

“I wasn't aware the Order allowed ...” her hand gestured towards her face.

“Make-up?” Kit smiled, “I would never go without it.” She returned her gaze to the woman's reflection. The Human had returned to watching Kit. Flashing the woman a smile in the mirror Kit dabbed a bit more lipstick on her bottom lip, before retracting it and slipping the top onto the tube.

Continuing to smile at the woman Kit reached up, holding the tube in her left hand, and fluffed the black wig, moving the raven curls. The woman's eyes were glued to her motions; she had long ago stopped adjusting her uniform shirt. Unable to resist, Kit replaced her tube into her belt and pulled out a small container of handcream, the brilliant red Sith script plainly visible against the white of the bottle. As predicted the woman's blue eyes jumped to the bottle. Kit felt another sharp spike of apprehension, which was quickly subdued. Kit was actually impressed at how well this woman, this unknown General, was managing to keep her emotions under control.

Squeezing a small amount of lotion onto her hands, Kit worked it in as she studied her in the mirror. The woman ran her hands down the front of her slacks as she looked at Kit's reflection.

“So,” Kit asked as she slipped the bottle back into her belt, “have you been here before?”

“Yes,” the woman nodded, “on many an occasion. Have you been here before?”

Kit shook her head no, “First time.”

“Oh,” the woman's hands stilled. “What brings you here?”

Kit reached up playing with a curl near her face. “My Husband wanted to eat here this evening,” Kit growled. “I really would hate it if anything interrupted his meal.” Kit turned to face this woman. “You,” she growled, “are not going to do anything so rude as to interrupt our meal are you?” Kit let her hand drift down, coming to a rest on her saber hilt.

The woman stared at her, her blue eyes widened momentarily. “I wouldn't dream of interrupting you. Why would you think I would do something like that?”

“You have already interrupted us once today while we were trying to talk about private matters, and now you appear here? What other conclusion should I have reached?” Kit kept her face smooth, not allowing her annoyance to colour her words.

The woman held her hand up, in a calming gesture, “That was unintentional before, that suite of offices is reserved for my subordinates. I normally eat dinner here.”

Kit's head canted to the side studying her. “So we will not be seeing you again this evening General?”

The woman visibly jumped. A subtle yet fleeting spiking of fear rolled off the woman. Kit smiled turning to look once again at her reflection. Satisfied she looked at the woman. She was standing there, her hands hovering at her sides as she stared at Kit.

“Good,” Kit smiled, “if I do see you again, you will not like the consequences.” Her hand gripped her saber hilt, enforcing her words. When the woman didn't move she walked past her, pausing at the entrance to the refresher. “Enjoy your dinner,” Kit quietly called behind her as she walked out into the restaurant.

AN

There is no prompt for this chapter.

I honestly do not remember where I came up with the name of this restaurant. If it was my own creation or a suggestion from another back when I wrote this. If it is from a suggestion, I am sorry I don't remember whose suggestion it was, I checked my notes, nothing in there. I think it might be huttese though.

Edited by Kitar
edting mistake

• 3 weeks later...

Hai.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. My daughter finally convinced me to get an Elf on the Shelf.. she told me we had to save the Reindeer that had gotten "stuck" in the Christmas tree. My daughter is twelve and almost taller than me so I am pretty sure I know how the Reindeer got "stuck"... I do wonder where I am going to find them next year, something tells me, in the freezer.

Here is the next chapter.

CHAPTER 69 PART II

Year 3634 Month 8 immediately following previous prompt

CORUSCANT / REVISSE

Explosively exhaling Elin leaned against the stone basin. Gripping the edge with white-knuckled hands she inhaled, closing her eyes she attempted to calm her breathing; her heart thumping against her rib cage trying to break free.

That woman was Imperial, if she could really use that saber hanging on her hip, she was a Sith. Had to be. Elin had never seen a Jedi so made up before. There was no doubt she was the woman standing next to the Cathar she saw earlier in the Senate Tower.

All afternoon she had been trying to place that damn Cathar, he seemed so familiar. It was right there teasing her. Elin was sure she knew him from somewhere, she just could not place where and it was maddening. Now that she had run into that woman, Elin was really trying to put a name to that Cathar's face.

She sucked in a harsh breath. Her mind raced, picking and sorting through the details she knew about the man. His voice was so familiar, it hovered on the edge of recognition, she knew she had seen him before, long mane, beard along his jaw. The eyes she could not place. If they were a different colour though, if they were green instead? Her breath caught in her throat. No. It wasn't possible was it?

It could be, what if it was some disguise? The woman was wearing one; Elin knew she had been wearing a wig. She suspected her hair colour was actually red; there was a stray red hair on the sleeve of her cream coloured robe. A redheaded Sith. The words Satele spoke to her months ago in her office came back to her. He had been seen kissing a redheaded Sith on Voss. He needed to be kept away from her. He was Force-sensitive. The Cathar had been wearing Jedi robes with a saber on his hip.

Was that Cathar really Captain Aric Jorgan? What had happened to him? He had disappeared two weeks before his retirement. Major Darksun had told her he had never reported back from his shore leave on Nar Shaddaa. Elin had heard reports of an SIS operation going south on Nar Shaddaa around the time he disappeared. When she had attempted to garner more details she was rebuked.

She had signed off on his request for an early retirement, she was not thrilled about it, but considering his attitude and his decorated history she thought he had deserved it. After his disappearance there had been a noticeable change in the demeanor of Havoc Squad. Urania had become more agitated and flighty, Dorne and Yunn had stopped communication with the Major. Vik had asked for and received reassignment. The reason he listed was disturbing; he was not going to burn for Major Darksun. At the time she had chalked it up to the Weekay's gruff personality.

Something had happened. Something no one would speak about. Sucking in a ragged breath she looked at the closed refresher door. Something had caused Captain Jorgan to disappear.

Since his disappearance she had started going over all the reports that had been submitted to her. All the paperwork. Most of it seemed to be in proper order, there had been a couple reports submitted by Sergeant Jorgan, from when he had been reassigned to the squad, stating and detailing inappropriate behavior. Behavior that had been explained away by Urania, she stated it was all a misunderstanding, that everything had been consensual.

She wanted to talk to him, to this strange Cathar, see who he really was. The massive grey Cathar who had stopped her from pursuing him, had called him Adrik that sounded similar to Aric. She couldn't though, that unknown woman had just made that painfully obvious. Elin sighed she could not go out there and try to approach them to get answers, but she knew someone who might. She wanted to know who those two were, the name of the woman, if she was a Sith and if that Cathar really was Jorgan.

Perhaps there would be a way to get close to them without actually endangering herself again. A chance to talk to him while he was here was to tempting to pass up. And they were going to be here a while, the two of them were eating dinner.

Pushing off the cool stone basin she pulled out her holocommunicator. Taking a deep breath she queued it. The blue flickering form of Human male materialized.

“Yeah?” The man sighed rubbing the back of his head. Hand skimming over a stubbled scalp.

“I need you.”

“Yeah?” The man straightened, it became apparent he was in some sort of bed. “What ya need?”

“Idents.”

“Typical tail and bail?”

“I will need surveillance and holos. Confirmation if possible.”

“Afterward case of amnesia.”

Elin nodded, “That's correct. Under no circumstances are you to come into contact with them.”

The Human dismissively waved, “Never have never will.” He looked down at his wrist flicking it to illuminate the wristchrono. “When?”

“Immediately, currently located inside Revisse.

“Yeah,” he grunted. His blued flickering form moved, twisting sideways. His fingers flew as he reached for a small, unseen object. “Ohh there you are, in the 'fresher.” A low chuckle filled the air as he rubbed the top of his shaved head, Elin could see the short stubble move. “How many, description?”

“I can not stress it enough, be careful.”

He stared at her, head canted to the side. “Don't insult me. How many, description?”

Elin nodded, “Two, male Cathar, female Human. Apparently in disguise. Male is in dark brown robes...”

“Female is in white robes,” The man interrupted. “Got them.” The man's eyes narrowed, “Ident on Force users?” He sighed, shaking his head. “Know I don't like 'em.”

“It is unavoidable.”

He sighed. “Gott'um locked. Idents are ready, send my usual call.” His blued bare-chested form blinked out of existence.

Elin sighed. It was a start. He had an impeccable track record. Now to wait for results. Straightening and putting her shoulders back she walked out of the refresher and to her waiting table.

AN

No prompt for this one. Rather nervous to ever write Elin, I always think I am going to mess it up.

• 1 year later...

*Blows a layer of thick dust off the thread*

It has been a hell of a year, to put it mildly. Things should hopefully be not only calming down but moving forward in positive ways. I do not know if there is any real interest left in this thread. After some ruminating, if I should continue this story to its conclusion, I believe I have sorted out the ending and decided to see the story to its conclusion and finish posting it.

Part II Chapter 70

Year 3634 Month 8 later that evening.

CORUSCANT

“It's alright, dinner was rather uneventful.” The woman moved behind the scowling Cathar. Her hands on the Cathar's shoulders.

He leaned back, fingers tapping the screen, enlarging the cam feed. Grabbing a silver case, he depressed a button flipping it open. Short, bitten nails slipped out a white cigarette. Snapping it closed, he tossed the case onto the table next to him, then fished a black matte lighter out of his shirt pocket. Gripping the cigarette between his lips he brought the lighter up; a bright flash of flame and a couple quick puffs and the ember blazed to life. Reclining backward he inhaled deeply, the paper snapped as it burned. Putting his feet up on the desk he pulled the cigarette away and exhaled, expelling a thick stream of white smoke from his nose.

Tapping his earpiece, he increased the volume, the couple in the room had gotten quiet.

The woman's hands were pulling off the Cathar's dark brown robe. “Well, it was relatively uneventful.”

Frowning he hit his earpiece again, her voice increased. “The food was good.” His frown lessened, she was finally loud enough, he hated having to strain to hear.

“Yes, the food was good.” The Cathar growled in response. “The fact you ran into General Garza in the 'fresher was not.”

“At least I waited until after our meal was finished to tell you.” The woman folded the brown robe placing it on a nearby chair.

His frown returned, if Elin knew them why did she ask for an ident? Hitting his earpiece again he increased the volume. The growling voice of the Cathar filled his ears. “Kit, we should have left.”

“Nonsense, you wanted to eat there. I am not afraid of some Republic general.” The woman, Kit, laughed as she placed the robe on a chair.

His fingers tapped a datapad, the screen flashed to life as his fingers drummed the surface, waiting.

“You should be,” the Cathar grumbled. “She is powerful.”

Kit laughed again, “Why would I fear a general? I am no more afraid of her than I am of Arkos.”

The Cathar sighed as he removed a white shirt. “You are friends with General Rakton, you would probably feel differently if you didn't know him.” The woman shot him a pointed look, eyebrow arched as her hands moved to her head. Her pale fingers began pulling out thin pins and her left hand removed a thick black wig. “Well maybe not, you never seem to be afraid of anyone.”

As the wig left her head, he took another drag off his cigarette, pulling deeply as his hand began to type.

Human woman, Kit possible nickname. Imperial. High ranking? Close to a General Arkos Rakton. Physical, red hair, pale, green eyes.

Cathar man, knows Garza. Used rank over first name. Physical, red hair, red fur, blue purple eyes.

Squinting he watched the woman carefully as she continued to undress, she reached up slipping the white robe off her shoulders. The movement drew his eye to her neck. Scowling he stared at her pale skin, at the base of her neck was a pair of subtle ridges. His fingers resumed moving as he sucked another drag off the cigarette, the paper snapping.

Woman, Presumed Sith.

Shaking his head he reached for the cigarette case. Elin was going to owe him for this.

The woman laughed, he paused devoting his attention to her. “No one who is afraid makes it as far as I have. I keep telling you it is alright. The trip is almost over, we will be leaving soon.” The woman neatly folded the robe over her arm before placing it on the chair. Her pale fingers began to unbuckle heavy golden armor, setting it onto the floor beside the chair. “You managed to get what you wanted this trip from your apartment. That has to make you feel better, to have more of your personal effects. Admit it, you are happy you have your clothes and I like that jacket.”

The pile of armor grew, the clinks and clunks as the pieces were added echoed in his ear. Tilting his head he took another pull off the cigarette. Exhaling a stream of smoke through his nose his fingers touched the screen, zooming in on the discarded armor. His dark brown eyebrow rose. It was brand new, there was not a single dent, scratch or scuff mark.

They had put some thought into this, creating brand new clothing. He tapped his datapad; fingers resumed typing.

In disguise:

Woman wearing wig, black. Clothing White robes, pristine armor gold.

Cathar wearing brown robes.

Both traveling under guise of Jedi.

“After this is over we are headed home. Apparently Nox needs us.” The woman sighed.

Tapping the screen, he refocused the image on the couple.

The Cathar sighed, “What does your insane cousin want this time?”

The woman shrugged, pulling a pin from her bound red hair. Fingers ran through her hair shaking it out. “Does it matter? Plus there is another Council meeting in about a week. Marr has been in a good mood lately.”

The Cathar looked up from unlacing his boot. “That unusual?”

“It is a nice change of pace, now if Ravage would just lighten up, the meetings would be a lot more enjoyable.”

“Am I coming with you?”

She shook her head. “No. Not until you are better.”

The Cathar nodded as he slipped off his boot.

He studied the Cathar, he seemed healthy enough. Had to be noted though. His fingers absently made the notation.

Cathar is recovering, circumstances and of type of injury unknown.

“Why, do you want to go with Adrik?” The woman looked up at him through her hair as she removed her belt.

Cathar named Adrik.

The Cathar shook his head.

“Happy to stay back on the Estate.” The Cathar moved, walking across the room. He reached up touching her unbuttoned white shirt. A growl filled his ear as the woman's shirt was pulled down her shoulders. An appreciative smile crossed his lips as a flash of white caught his eye. Squinting he leaned forward looking at the white, standing out in stark contrast to the Cathar's red furred back. Frowning he took another pull as he stared, leaning backward. Shaking his head he smashed the cigarette out in the thin metal ashtray.

Dropping his feet to the floor he reached over grabbing the silver case, the chair creaking in protest. Opening the case he liberated another white cigarette, snatching the lighter off the desk he pushed the button, inhaling as the flame flickered to life. A quick puff birthed the dark ember and a cloud of smoke exhaled through flared nostrils. He hated tailing Force users.

Taking a deep pull he leaned forward studying the Cathar's back, it was definitely a burn of some sort. Looked to be lightning. There was a story there, one he didn't want to hear.

A low laugh pulled his attention away from the Cathar's burned back. She was standing there hands wrapped around his neck, kissing him as she attempted to kick off her boots. To her credit she managed to remove them, moments before the Cathar picked her up in his arms.

Sitting back in the chair he took another deep pull, the smoke rolling around his mouth and over his tongue. Definitely Sith. At least one of them, probably both. He knew what they were, needed to find out who they were.

Scratching the back of his head, he frowned. His hand returned to the datapad.

Woman named Kit, confirmed Dark Council member. Relation named Nox, also Dark Council. Estate, presumed on DK.

Cathar, Intimately involved with woman, Kit. Massive scaring on left back, arm. Used to reside on Coru? Visited apartment belongs to Cathar.

A giggle filled his ears as a whoosh blew through his earpiece, a husky growl responded. Taking another pull off his cigarette, he averted his eyes from the bed. They were probably going to be there for a while. His eyes scanned the dimly lit room; touching the screen he brightened the cam feed. Force users were so damn attached to their sabers, they would be up somewhere.

There on the nightstand, he spotted two silver hilts. One was longer with claw like blades resting along the cylindrical body, yellow lightning ran along the hilt. The other was smaller, curved and sleek. It sported a stylized sun. “Huh,” he murmured, “those are pretty.”

Those were not reclaimed weapons, those were crafted and cared for. His hand resumed typing.

Weapon hilts. Images attached.

Leaning back the chair protested. This was more than some ident. He avoided Force users for a reason. Dark Council members? He shook his head. How much of this was he going to pass on to Elin? She knew them. If she knew them why run an ident? He shook his head, inhaling.

The datapad under his fingers chimed. Shifting his attention to its screen he leaned forward frowning. The biologic scan he initiated had completed. Was easy enough to grab the material. Just walked in and grabbed their glasses while he bused the table. Act like you belong, few will question you. Just like the two Sith in the room, they were acting the part and blending right in.

The air filled with smoke as he looked over the results. Picking up the datapad he reclined back in the chair. Holding the cigarette between two fingers he scrolled through the results. The genetic material had three results. Index finger scrolled through the results for the Zeltron, he was just an employee. The next was the Human woman. He took a drag off the cigarette, leaving it loosely gripped between his lips.

He propped his feet on the desk as the chair creaked. Interesting. Her genetic code was thirty point two percent red-skinned Sith. Partial fingerprints. Scrolling down he tapped the screen pulling up all personal information. Tightening his grip on the cigarette to his mouth, he inhaled. Elin was going to owe him. The Emperor's Wrath. He glanced at the couple on the bed, eyebrow quirked. That woman definitely didn't look very wrathful. A shiver coursed down his spine, that was even worse. You don't get a title like that in the Empire unless you have earned it. He didn't want to see her aggravated.

He thumbed back, pulling up the last profile. The Cathar's. A cloud of smoke filled the air, reflecting off the datapad. There was a full set of finger, palm and footprints. Standard military procedure. According to the results the man was a retired Captain. Served in couple different branches of Special Forces; Deadeyes and Havoc. The physical didn't match the video feed, unusual. Retired seven months, two weeks and three days ago.

He canted his head to the side watching the couple, looking past their obvious activity. He needed to see. How exactly did an enlisted grunt end up in the bed of a Sith? If he was a gambling man, he would bet that is the answer Elin was looking for. He realized they had paused, the Cathar was kneeling on the bed, the woman was leaning back, propped up on her elbows, smiling. Frowning he stared at them, they were talking to each other somehow. It was apparent on their faces, but he had not heard any conversation. He tapped the screen, audio was still live. His forehead creased as he watched them. The Cathar twisted, his hand moving outwards. What was the Cathar reaching for? His eyes scanned the room, near the door resting on a small table, was a small, gilded, black bag.

Paper sizzled as he pulled deeply, the devouring ember consuming the cigarette. The bag lifted off the table, floating in a straight line to his outstretched hand. Breath held he waited, who had moved it? The woman continued to lay back in the bed, hands resting along side her on the mattress. The Cathar opened up the bag removing a small container. The Cathar held the container in his left hand as the right gestured, and the bag obediently complied floating to the nearby nightstand.

He scowled, shaking his head at the vidscreen. Leaning back he snatched his silver case off the table as he watched the Cathar's left palm spark, momentarily engulfed in golden lightning. He crushed the smoldering butt in the thin ashtray, twisting it into the metal. Fishing out another cigarette he quickly brought it to his lips, a quick spark followed as he ignited the lighter.

Well that would explain how he ended up in her bed, the Cathar was a Force user too. Wasn't mentioned in his file. Somehow the grunt ran into the Sith, retired and became a Sith too. He inhaled, letting the smoke build in his mouth. Rubbing the back of his head he let his fingers run over the stubble.

He didn't like this.

Dropping his feet to the floor, he stood moving away from the monitoring equipment. He pulled out a holo. Taking a pull off the cigarette he queued up the device. A blued feminine form flickered into view. “Besavcusi,” he growled.

The holoprojection smiled. “So formal.”

“Navil’aton’aryzan.” He responded expelling a cloud of smoke.

“Stryker.” She nodded her head.

He sighed, “Have a problem.”

“Explain.” Her arms crossed as she waited.

“Asked to do an ident. Apparent sensitivity high. Questioning following through.” He growled, pulling hard on the cigarette.

“Specifications, who is the client and the target?” She shifted before him, arms uncrossing as she reached for an unseen item.

“Pub general, ordered it. Asked for ident on two. Human woman and Cathar male. Force users. Cathar was military; called because of woman. Sith, Council member.” He took another drag, exhaling through his nose. “Not getting involved.”

“Obtained names?” Her hand returned to full view, she was holding a datapad.

“Incomplete idents, partial info. Only name for woman, Emperor's Wrath. The male is Aric Jorgan, retired Captain.”

“Why did the general order the ident?” Her pupil-less eyes dropped to the datapad.

“Ran into them. At a restaurant.”

“Were they behaving?” She smiled.

“Besavcusi?”

Her smile grew, “Have they done anything to draw attention to themselves?”

His brow furrowed as he took another sharp pull. She had not asked their location. She must know already. He shook his head, “Low profile, they were eating.”

“The general in question. Was it Elin Garza?”

He nodded.

“So the good general ran into them while they were out eating dinner and now she thinks she is seeing a ghost.” She smiled, “Give her a partial ident. Inform her that the Cathar in question is her retired captain, leave out his sensitivity. Inform her that the woman he is with is his wife. Do not offer any information on her position and rank within the Empire.”

“That is getting involved,” he growled around the cigarette. Scowling he inhaled.

“I will take control of the ident, discover why she wants it. Contact me after you deliver the partial.”

“Why?”

Her smile grew, “Need answers, she will be able to provide them. This is a golden opportunity to get them.”

He nodded, “Careful extraction as ident is delivered.”

“Exactly, your role will be minimal.”

He frowned while he stared at her blued projection. He didn't like it, he liked to stay far away from Force users. She seemed downright giddy. This unexpected ident seemed to please her immensely. Nodding he muttered, “Understood, contact after delivery.”

“Excellent.” The woman smiled as her blued form blinked out.

Shaking his head he walked back to the desk, turning off the vidscreen and killing the audio. Quickly he began compiling the information to send back to the general. The sooner it was done the sooner this would be the Besavcusi's problem.

AN

Navil’aton’aryzan - my agent Latona's full name

Cheunh

besavcusi – director

• 3 weeks later...

So this one is a bit long.

It takes place at approximately the same time as my previous chapter.

Year 3634 Month 8

PART II CHAPTER 71

HURTLING THROUGH HYPERSPACE

“You are not looking good.” The words intruded into the silence.

He frowned slightly still staring ahead.

“You eat something? Maybe some bad Rodian takeout? You shouldn’t touch that stuff.” The voice ventured.

Ignoring the voice, he continued to stare through the transparisteel.

“Are you going to answer me?” The voice snorted, irritated.

His frown deepened as blue eyes remained locked on the swirling vertex before him.

“This is going to be a really boring trip,” the voice muttered under his breath, aggravation creeping into his speech. “Fine.” Leatheris creaked beside him, a sigh followed as he felt a slight breeze. Nearly quiet footfalls moved past him leaving only a slight echo as the younger man finally left.

Jonas exhaled staring at the myriad of colors, not really seeing them. The trip was never going to be too long. He prayed the trip would be longer. The jumps and already been programmed into the navi computer. It would take approximately twenty-three hours. He had hoped that the Zabrak was going to go with him. But no, the other one, the one he didn’t trust, who had been willing to murder him had to be his traveling companion. Getting through this trip, alive, was going to be a miracle. And then, then, a silent shudder slid down his spine, he had to actually tell Aric what he found.

Sighing he reached into his jacket, his fingers slid across the flask inside. Twice he had to grasp the case before he was able to fish it out. His hand would not stop shaking. Spinning the cap lose with his thumb, he took a meager sip, the warmth slowly slid down his throat. His hand raised to his lips a second time. Catching himself before he took another drink, he shook his head. He needed to keep his wits about him. After all this was over, if he still breathed, he could drink himself into a stupor on a nice warm beach.

Shaking fingers replaced the flask secreting it away within his interior jacket pocket. Biting his lip, he ran his fingers through his hair. They had gone over the plan countless times. He had to go with the murderous ginger, he had tried to get the Zabrak to come with, Jonas really wanted Kiernan instead. The young man terrified him, but at least Kiernan wasn’t going to kill him. But no, he had to travel separately. “Come help if I can’, Kiernan had said. Jonas sighed, logically he knew an obviously Imperial citizen could not travel with him. His voice and lack of using Basic, would have set everyone on edge at best, caused a massive tram derailing, at worse. He had to go with the so-called Jedi. Once they touched down, the two of them would travel to the coordinates Jonas found in the buried file.

He was afraid what he would find, not finding anything scared him even more. Taking a deep breath inhaling through his nose he closed his eyes. Not only did he need to go traipsing through that death trap of a planet, but he needed to go with the murderous ginger. He needed to get a grip on the situation, ignoring the young man who was sulking somewhere on the ship wasn’t going to help in the long term. Letting the breath out slowly, between parted lips he took in another deep breath.

It had been a long time since he had done fieldwork. That is all this was, doing fieldwork, granted it was not sanctioned and it was probably going to get him killed, plus there was a good chance if anyone found out he was going to end up imprisoned.

Opening his eyes, he looked again out the swirling vortex. It was a field op. A strange bizarre one, with an unlikely partner on a planet completely foreign to him, with an even stranger objective. In the end though, it was just another field op.

He took another deep breath. At least this was work with new people, he wasn't stuck dealing with the insane Commanding Officer of Havoc. He blew the breath out, but at least he knew how to handle her. As uncomfortable as it was, he knew her. This was uncharted water. He was on an unsanctioned mission to look for the lost family of a disposed Prince, who happened to be married to a Sith.

Rubbing his face, he sighed, shoulders sagging. What was he doing here? He should have left Aric missing. If he had, he would not be on this ship barreling through hyperspace to a destination that would either confirm or deny what the Cathar had been telling him. If it confirmed it though, if it actually provided proof to what Aric had told him, that was even worse than coming up empty-handed. It could potentially prove what Aric had told him. That the SIS had kidnapped and imprisoned his family, had a hand in Aric being brainwashed and stripped of his Force-sensitivity.

They were supposed to be the good guys. The ones who safeguarded freedom. If they had done something like that…

Cradling his head, he leaned forward. He could sort all of this out later, preferably somewhere warm, with sandy beaches and cool drinks. Somewhere away from all of this. He had vacation time saved up, everyone did. No one ever used it. He was going to though, if he made it through this, unscathed, he was going to use it and enjoy it and leave his holocommunicator behind in his apartment so no one could bother him.

First though he had to get through this trip, and the return. He shuddered. He could do this. Jonas forced himself to relax, to slowly exhale. It was a field op; he knew how to do these. He was headed into hostile territory with a questionable ally. Not the worst situation he had ever been in. He had an objective, to get to the coordinates listed in the file. Once there he could reevaluate what he needed to do to finish the opp. The support he had, was one every un-Jedi like Jedi. He was the only one who knew the kid wasn't a Jedi, there was no way he was. Not with how he acted back in the ruined Temple… Focus Jonas, he growled at himself. Focus.

Bad Jedi in tow. But the Jedi should behave as long as they were in Republic Space. That was a plus. Should also behave as they worked on the mission and the return. A small grin appeared on his lips; he would get in trouble with his mommy if he didn't. Kit wouldn't like it if the Bad Jedi misbehaved, Jonas wagered that Aric would be upset too. That was one nugget that had been most helpful, Kiernan had actually told him who Ka'van really was, his adopted brother. Which meant Aric and Kit were his parents. That was good, a plus for him. Another plus would be if Kiernan could actually meet them on the planet. He really hoped he would be able to, though the young Zabrak did, well to be honest with himself, the Zabrak scared him.

He shook his head, scary or not he was also still a kid and a kid he knew wouldn't hurt him. At least he hoped Kiernan wouldn't, unlike the Bad Jedi. Jonas slowly exhaled, closing his eyes. So Bad Jedi in tow, potential of Kiernan showing up to assist. Land, talk to security, inane reason to be there… wait no. Land away from security, he was rusty. Why involve security at all? No reason, head to place near coordinates, land. Check them out. Get whatever was at the coordinates and leave, head back to Aric. Then the beach.

He really wanted to go to the beach.

Taking another deep breath, he inhaled slowly. Now the Bad Jedi. He was just a kid. He had to be what seventeen standard years? If that? He was the younger brother. He looked like he didn't need to shave. So young kid. Cocky young kid, who was into his appearance. Jonas had caught him checking his reflection, moving that long ginger hair. A young kid, would not want to get into trouble with his mom and was narcissistic enough that say, shaving his head while he slept would probably have him utterly pissed and upset but, do it at the right time so he would not lash out due to fear of his mom's reaction.

Jonas' lips parted in a rare smile. The kid was Human. He could handle a Human kid; he had before, he could do it again. After this was said and done, he would probably not have to deal with this Human kid again. He would leave and drink his fruity drinks with little umbrellas on a white beach and relax.

But first he had to go talk to the Bad Jedi, tell him the rough plan.

The smile vanished within his next heartbeat. He didn't want to talk to him. He was so sick of having to do things he didn't want to do. Talk to the Bad Jedi. Go on this little unsanctioned fact-finding mission. Pretending to be in a romantic relationship with the crazy XO of Havoc. If he did this though, he should have enough to report to his superiors. Tell them all about the Major, who she really was. That would be enough to get him off that assignment. Hopefully. Then he was off on a beach and he would not have to worry about her or General Garza again.

He would be back in the field at his furniture storefront. After his vacation of course.

So, he slowly stood. Off to talk to the sulking Human. Jonas sighed opening his eyes. He was probably in the lounge area of the ship. Taking a deep breath he rolled his shoulders; he could do this. Bringing his hand to his head he rubbed his temple. Now to go find the kid.

~*~*~*~*~

Jonas slowly moved through the ship, the kid had to have gone this way, unless there was some hidden room, there were no other options. Where the kid had ended up, Jonas wasn't sure. His credits were either in his room sulking or in the common area watching the holovid. His bet was on the common area.

He heard a soft murmur emanate from the common area, cautiously Jonas stepped into the room. The ginger-haired kid was sitting in front of the now-activated holo. Jonas didn't recognize the holo, he had never seen it before.

“Yeah?” the kid paused the recording, looking up at him. He was still frowning, his jaw still tense.

“What cha watching?” Jonas gestured with his chin towards the holo.

The kid grunted, “Nothing interesting.” His frown deepened, “I'm bored, it's a long jump, can't find anything to watch and you would rather brood than talk.”

Jonas sighed, scratching the back of his head. “Yeah, been a rough week. Didn't expect to have to go on this little trip.”

The kid snorted, “No kidding. I was expecting to be relaxing, enjoying myself on Coru. That's been shot all to hell.” He sighed leaning back into the couch.

Jonas watched the kid; we wanted to be here about as much as the kid did. Dropping his hand, Jonas moved to sit next to him, showing a lot more nonchalant confidence than he actually felt. “I’m right there with you. This was the last thing I expected to be doing.” Sinking into the cushions Jonas sighed. “The things you do for friends. He is going to owe me for this.”

“Yeah…” the kid looked at him, Jonas swore that frown was permanently etched on his face. “Suppose you are right…” he sighed. “So,” the kid leaned back into the cushions, “So are you good friends with him?”

“Him?” Jonas echoed.

“Yeah, Buir’s new husband. Well old I guess, been married about a year now.”

“I am yes.” Jonas nodded, resisting the urge to fidget.

The kid nodded, his dark blue eyes searching his face. “Is he good to her? Does he treat her well?”

Jonas was momentarily taken aback. The kid looked totally serious. “Yes he does, they were always happy when I saw them together.”

The kid looked away, staring at a distant spot on the wall. “Good,” the kid sighed, “that is good. And this trip is to help him?”

“Yes it is, he asked me to help.”

“And after you help, what are you going to do?”

Jonas watched the kid, he was still staring across the room. “Not sure really. Guess it depends on what we find.”

“No,” the kid shook his head. “Kiernan said you were an agent, a Republican agent is with the S.I.S. Are you going to report back to your handlers?”

Jonas froze staring at the kid. Taking a deep breath he closed his eyes. Slowly exhaling he opened them, “I think I will take some time to decide what I am going to do. If I find what I believe is at these coordinates, I will have a lot of thinking to do.”

“You don't know what you are going to do?” the kid's voice was so soft.

“I don't,” Jonas answered scratching the back of his head.

“Then why are you helping? Why are you so conflicted?”

“What I have been told, what I have read, it bothers me. It really does,” Jonas sighed, slumping forward taking a deep breath, he slowly exhaled running his hands over his face.

“Which is why you are so conflicted,” the kid murmured. Jonas heard the couch creak. “You don't trust me, you are not sure of the wisdom of this trip. Why you are even here.”

Jonas head snapped up locking onto the kid. The kid had shifted closer to him, his dark blue eyes intently studying him. Jonas’ mouth opened before quickly shutting.

“Did I get it wrong?” the kid asked, his ginger brow arching.

“I,” Jonas started.

“It is okay, I feel the same way. I do not trust you either. In my opinion, you know too much which is dangerous.” He shifted closer to Jonas. “I realized the same could be said about me. I know too much as well, don't I?”

That ginger-haired head canted to the side. “If I said anything about this trip to certain people. That you were working, without the blessing of your employers. That you were investigating a lead for a missing man, a man wanted for questioning by your employer. Well, your future would suddenly become very dark and painful.”

Jonas swallowed, was this kid threatening him?

“So, I decided that is why you are acting so standoffish. You are lost, without a navicomputer to guide you. Afraid of what is going to happen if you fail if you succeeded. Terrified of what will happen to you if anyone finds out who you helped.” Those cold dark blue eyes leaned in closer. “Am I right?”

Jonas swallowed, mind racing. He stared at the kid. Suddenly the young man sitting next to him didn't look so young anymore. He seemed to age before him. The kid had pretty much nailed it on the head. Jonas didn't know what to say, he felt so in over his head.

“I tell you what,” the kid leaned in even closer. “let's be honest with each other. Honesty, it would be an interesting change of pace. I personally have been lying for years. You have to, you work for the S.I.S. I imagine telling the truth is a luxury you don't always have.”

Jonas stared at the kid, patently the kid watched him. It was almost as if he knew the answer and Jonas hadn't even realized it yet. Cautiously Jonas nodded, “Alright, let's be honest.”

“So, am I right?” the kid asked, his face unreadable.

“You are,” Jonas nodded, “I do feel that way. And,” he swallowed as a cold shiver coursed over his skin, “you could seriously kark up my life. And,” Jonas took a deep breath steeling his nerves, “I could kark up yours too, I tell someone about your family, your life becomes uncomfortable. I don't want to make your life uncomfortable or mine.”

“So you are not going to tell your superiors? Report back what you learn?” the kid cautiously whispered.

“If I find what I think I am going to find?” Jonas shook his head. “There is no way. I should not even know about any of this. I have every intention of seeing this through and then try to promptly forget all of it.”

“Why?” the kid whispered, he almost sounded hurt.

“Why?” Jonas echoed. “Well,” he sighed, “it is making me question to many things. Things I took for granted.”

“Like what?”

Jonas looked over at the kid, he was intently watching him, waiting for an answer. “We are being honest, right?”

His head swung, ginger hair moving, slipping off his shoulder.

“I always thought what we did was right.” Jonas sighed, looking upward. He searched the ceiling, looking for the words he wanted. They didn't appear among the distant rivets. Closing his eyes, he dropped his head running his hands over his face, through his hair.

“You don't think that anymore, do you?” the kid murmured next to him.

“I,” Jonas shook his head, opening his eyes. He stared at his feet, “I am starting to question it yes. I don't know if it is because I am too close to this. I am now involved in a large cover-up. This is political on a massive scale. It happened to someone close to me, he is a friend. He is.” Jonas sighed. “He possesses more power than he realizes. If I find what I think I will, he will use that power to change things. Part of me wants him to, personally I think I agree with him, because he is a friend. Professionally I know what I am about to do will have far-reaching repercussions. Something that people worked so hard to prevent decades ago will be uncovered and most likely undone.”

“Is your friendship really worth the damage you are about to do?”

“I have been asking myself that, I don't know. I do keep reaching the same conclusion though, when I let myself think about it”.

“What is that?

“I would want someone to do the same thing for me, if I was in his situation. If something like this happened to me, I would want answers. I would use those answers to move forward the best I know how”.

“What do you think he will do?”

“Honestly,” Jonas violently exhaled rubbing his hands over his face, “I think he will pull his homeworld out of the Republic.”

“And,” Jonas shook his head, dropping his hands back into his lap. “I am absolutely terrified people will find out I was somehow involved and die because of it.”

“Does he really have the power to do something like that?”

“From what I read, yes he does.”

“And yet you are helping him anyway.” The kid's voice sounded so surprised.

Jonas turned to look at him, the kid was watching him puzzled. Biting on his lower lip, Jonas contemplated what he was going to say. Finally he nodded, “Yes I am helping him anyway, because I think, I hope, he would return the favor.”

The kid stared at him before finally nodding his head. “Then we should help him. Don't tell anyone what this ship can do and I will sneak us onto the surface. We run into any resistance, I will make sure they forget they ever saw us. Won't leave any witnesses that way.”

“What?” Jonas whispered his brow creasing, “you are going to do what?”

The kid's hand rose, he smiled as he casually passed it in front of Jonas. “Just gonna convince them we were never there.”

“You're not going to that to me are you?” Jonas’ eyes widened as he leaned away from the kid.

“Nyac, hadn't planned on it.” The corner of his mouth twitched, “Why you want me to?”

“What? Umm no, no I don't want that,” Jonas furiously shook his head. “I really don't.”

The kid shook his head. “Wasn't going to, if there is any resistance it is a lot faster than killing them, a lot less messy too.”

“Well, I, I suppose so.”

“What were you planning on doing?”

“Well,” Jonas scratched the back if his head, “I was planning on using darts.”

“Darts?” The kid's forehead bunched as he stared at him.

“Yeah, sleep darts.” Jonas dropped his hand into his lap.

“Oh, interesting. How many did you bring?”

“Uh,” Jonas moved his fingers doing a silent inventory, “eleven, including the one in the blaster. Why?”

“Eleven, huh.” The kid chewed on his lower lip a moment, “Have you actually been there before?”

“No, hadn't even heard of it until a couple of days ago…” Jonas head snapped up, “Wait… have you been there?”

The kid nodded his head. “I have, a couple times. That will not be enough darts. It is a good idea, put them to sleep, slip past, no bodies to hide.”

“If we run into any of the indigenous life, wild or sentient, we would run out pretty quickly.”

Jonas’ head sank as his shoulders slumped, “Figures,” he muttered, “none of this damn trip is going to be easy is it?”

“Hey, it's okay,” the kid leaned closer, “it really is. It would have been a great plan on a more … industrialized planet. This place, it's best to keep a low profile, slip in and slip out.”

“I'm concerned about being to slip right in and out. It's not like going into a cantina for a drink,” Jonas muttered.

“You're right it's not, we will be able to though.”

Jonas frowned.

“Don't believe me?”

His frown deepened, “I have my reservations,” he sighed rubbing the back if his head, “you really think we can do it?”

“Absolutely. What, don't you trust me?”

Jonas stopped rubbing the back of his hand, slowly he lowered his hand to his lap. “Actually no, I'm expecting you to try and kill me and leave me in a ditch.”

“What?” The kid whispered. “Are you kidding me?”

Jonas shook his head no.

“Damn it,”

“What?” Jonas quietly watched the kid.

“He said you would say that.”

“Who said?”

The kid sighed running his hand through his loose hair pushing it out of his face, “my brother. He told me that you were convinced I was going to kill you. 'Cause of how I treated you at the Temple. He said I had to be nice to you.”

“He said what?” Jonas almost whispered, his voice was so quiet.

“That you are Buirs’ friend and I have to treat you as such. Said that you are at your wit’s end and…” the kid trailed off staring across the room

Jonas started at him unsure what to say and utterly shocked Kiernan had stuck up for him like that. He didn’t really think he was at his wit’s end though, was he? Jonas stared past the kid, looking at nothing in particular as he quickly did a mental inventory. The fruitless searching for his friend when he disappeared, just vanished out of known space, simply gone. He had looked all over, eavesdropping at the office, the casual inquiries around the department, subtly asking the members of Aric’s crew, the systematic searching of any and all leads he could get his hands on. Discovering the paperwork on Vette, learning her given name, Ce'na, had been a massive breakthrough. A breakthrough he should have left alone, buried in the database he found it in on Nar Shaddaa, if her alias had not been listed on that form, he would have never been able to track her down. But he had, and he had done it on his own, not really wanting to involve anyone else. In retrospect it was probably for the best that he hadn’t, then he would have been responsible for their safety too.

He should have left that lead alone, but how was he supposed to know that following it would have landed him in such a predicament. One that caused him to constantly look over his own shoulder when he walked.

He often wondered, what if anything, Aric’s crew actually knew. Once he had asked Elara when he had spotted her walking alone, if she had any idea where Aric was. She had stoically kept her composure, like always, but he had seen those green eyes start to tear up before she managed to excuse herself from his presence and he had not been able to speak with her since. Jonas was pretty sure she was doing it on purpose, avoiding him so she would not have to speak with him. He had made the mistake of asking Urania once, the woman’s mood instantly shifted and he had to spend the rest of the night getting on her good side, he unconsciously shuddered, her not as horrible side, that woman didn’t have a good side.

Come to think of it, everyone seemed to be avoiding him, no he was being paranoid. He had never been properly introduced to the newer crew members, so there was no way to casually talk to them and bring up the Cathar’s disappearance.

A snapping noise caught his attention. “Huh?” he looked towards the noise, the kid was leaning towards him, snapping his right hand in his face. “What?”

“Geeze, guess nir Vod wasn’t joking.” Those dark blue eyes studied him.

“What are you talking about?”

“I mentioned you were at your wit’s end and you were gone, poof. Where did you go? I have been trying to get your attention.”

“Go, I didn’t,” Jonas shook his head, “I don’t.”

“Wait, you didn’t know any of this did you? That my Buir remarried, to a pub soldier of all things. That he had been kidnapped and tortured. You didn't know any of it did you?” The kid’s voice dropped off into a whisper. “You really didn’t know until you, what? Managed to figure it out on your own?”

“Pretty much yes.” Jonas quietly spoke, afraid to raise his voice. “I did I managed to figure it out, to find him. I was worried about my friend.”

“By the Force,” the kid breathed, “you didn’t know where he was, what had happened to him. You really were in the dark, weren’t you?

Jonas nodded, “Suppose I was. Guess I am not very good at my job,” he muttered, “I should have known, I really should have.”

Beside him the kid snorted. “No. You were probably never supposed to know. You were better at your job than you think. You honestly think they were able to do it alone? My Buir has more help going on than you realize. Her, well her friend, though she would probably shiv you if you called her one of Buir’s friends and not a co-worker, has been working tirelessly to make sure that their secret was never discovered. She does a rather thorough job too.”

Jonas stared at him, “Wait, are you telling me that she also has friends in Intelligence? That,” Jonas shook his head, “that is the only way they could help with something like this. To keep something like this under wraps. And… and you called her a co-worker,” Jonas sat back, blue eyes widening, “karking hell just how many things does that woman have her hands in? Some low-level agent is not going to be able to help keep a relationship like that hidden, her friend is some high-ranking Agent isn’t she? Probably some Cipher.”

“Oh, by the Maker, I shouldn’t know this,” Jonas leaned forward resting his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands.

The leatheris creaked next to him as the kid shifted, but he didn’t speak. The kid remained quiet as Jonas cradled his face in his hands, willing the last few minutes of his life to disappear, the information to flee his skull. But it didn’t, he kept thinking over and over about Kit and Agents and Aric. How Kit used her high-ranking friend with Intelligence connections to keep the relationship between herself and Aric a secret. Jonas honestly didn’t know if he should laugh or cry. If he had left well enough alone, he would still be wondering what happened to his friend. Jonas was starting to think that was preferred to actually knowing where Aric was and being mired down in this quagmire of a situation alongside his friend.

“You probably shouldn’t, but you do. You are planning to keep this to yourself, right?” the kid murmured next to him. He sounded further away, he was probably reclining into the couch.

“Nothing,” Jonas whispered, “nothing. I shouldn’t be here. I shouldn’t know any of this. I just wanted to find my friend, I didn’t want to upend my life.”

“Then we should be fine. No one will ever know as long as you don’t talk about it.”

“I'm not planning on talking about this,” he muttered, rubbing his face.

“We do this, and it is a forgotten memory?” The kid murmured. “It never happened,” a long slow breath, followed by the creaking of leatheris.

“Yeah,” Jonas nodded.

“And if we see each other again?”

“We met playing cards at the Dealers Den, something tells me you're not the straight and narrow type of Jedi.”

“Ha!” The kid barked, “So are you ready to do this?”

“What?” Jonas lifted his head out of his palms.

“Ready, this mission.”

“Yeah,” blue eyes closed as Jonas swallowed. “I'm ready. I just keep telling myself, mission then vacation.”

“A vacation does sound nice.” the kid agreed. “I have never been on one. I plan to one day.”

“Well,” the leatheris creaked again, “every lie is best supported by some truth. If we met playing cards, then I now name this table the Dealer’s Den and I am pretty good at sabaac, I will even take it easy on you.”

Jonas opened his eyes looking at the kid, he had shifted on the couch. Now he was leaning forward, a well-worn deck of cards in his hand.

“You up for it?” The kid was grinning, those dark blue eyes were actually sparking. It was the happiest Jonas had seen him since meeting him.

“Yeah, it will help pass the time. And you do have a point. I won’t be lying when I say we were playing cards.” Jonas sat up, scooting closer to the low table in front of them.

“Excellent!” The kid started to shuffle the cards, they flew with well-practiced ease through his fingers.

Jonas started to doubt the wisdom of his decision. He sighed at least he was being consistent, none of his decisions lately had been very wise.

“Relax, not playing for credits, or any other wagers. Just for fun.”

“Alright,” Jonas sighed.

“Come on, itta be fun,” the kid leaned over nudging him with his shoulder. “It will pass the time, get your mind off of things. I will even take it easy on you and help you with your game.”

Jonas looked up at the kid, he was still shuffling the deck, grinning from ear to ear. The smile reached those dark blue eyes. The kid really meant it; hopeful Jonas reached out silently asking for his cards. The kid quietly complied as he started placing cards on the table. Maybe this trip wasn’t going to be a complete nightmare after all.

AN

A few notes here. The first, the bad rodian take out was a nod to one of Alaurin's stories, one with her trooper and Aric.

I still worry about how I am writing Jonas. I expressed my thoughts on it in my AN after Part II Chapter 59.

I have also realized, after I have attempted to get back into this story and finish it, I have inadvertently forgotten about this section of the story and should have posted this chapter sooner.

• 10 months later...

So..... I never meant to disappear for so long.  Sorry for that. Bouncing back in about once a year isn't very reliable is it?

I am attempting to post another update, trying to get back into writing this after a year is a challenge.  So wish me luck, I also really miss having someone I could bounce my ideas off of.  :(  Any old readers out there want to let me bounce ideas off of you so I can get this old ball a-rollin' again? 

Though I will say, I am not a fan of the new Forum layout. Though... are you finally able to post actual fan art again?  

• 3 months later...
On 10/1/2022 at 11:02 PM, Kitar said:

So..... I never meant to disappear for so long.  Sorry for that. Bouncing back in about once a year isn't very reliable is it?

I am attempting to post another update, trying to get back into writing this after a year is a challenge.  So wish me luck, I also really miss having someone I could bounce my ideas off of.  :(  Any old readers out there want to let me bounce ideas off of you so I can get this old ball a-rollin' again? 

Though I will say, I am not a fan of the new Forum layout. Though... are you finally able to post actual fan art again?  

Yes we are able to post art!  But this particular section (Community Content) seems to be less visible and consequently less visitors.

(just my own opinion).  I still love the work that I see here!

On 10/1/2022 at 9:02 PM, Kitar said:

I am not a fan of the new Forum layout. Though... are you finally able to post actual fan art again?  

Only using 3rd-party outside links, such as 'imgur' or whatever.

2 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

Yes we are able to post art!

Just for clarity, what  @Kitar meant was can they post  embedded  screenshots/videos  yet in NEW forums here.

The answer to that, specifically, is of course: No  you cannot.

At least, not until  'phase 2' of new forums gets implemented.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Only using 3rd-party outside links, such as 'imgur' or whatever.

Just for clarity, what  @Kitar meant was can they post  embedded  screenshots/videos  yet in NEW forums here.

The answer to that, specifically, is of course: No  you cannot.

At least, not until  'phase 2' of new forums gets implemented.

AH !  OK !!  Yeah that's what I've done.  My son has his own site where he sets up links for me!  I'm guessing that what you are suggesting means that we can search off of our own HD and use screen shots or photoshop or other forms of art to post?