Senya needs to go

Lium

After playing through KOTFE a few times, I've come to the realization that Senya is the reason for like all the bad stuff going on in the game currently.

Some spoilers.

Aside from the fact that she birthed all three children, she had a chance to kill Vaylin during their duel but let her live. Then of course, she takes Arcann away from us at the very end, and we have no idea what's become of them. Arcann, the most dangerous idiot in the galaxy.

How is Senya not a direct threat at this point? Even my LS Captain America-styled Jedi tried to kill her at the end because of what she was doing. It was literally the only DS choice I made on that particular character throughout the entire expansion.

I hope in KOTET we have the option of finishing the job.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Senya- it's nice to see this character setup and actually carry through with caring about her children despite the many ways Valkorian screwed them up. I've seen stories often enjoy having the 'my kids are dark side' trope to get the heartfelt moments and create massive plotholes, it's not her job to kill her own children.

After seeing what happened to Vaylin- Valkorian's the problem and most of us through the course of playing, especially as the Force classes have seen the trail of destruction he has left in people's lives. A this point, if Vaylin can be saved- I would.

But it should be us making those decisions. Senya will always pick her children, and as well she should because that's part of who she is- it doesn't just turn off to give you the companion echo chamber effect.

I don't put all the blame on her but in the end her true colors showed up. Shes a traitor and she'll die like one.

Right along side her murderous son who killing millions of innocence, her psychotic daughter and her totally screwed up husband who has done far worse.

The only good that came out of that family was Thexen and hes dead.

I don't put all the blame on her but in the end her true colors showed up. Shes a traitor and she'll die like one.

Right along side her murderous son who killing millions of innocence, her psychotic daughter and her totally screwed up husband who has done far worse.

The only good that came out of that family was Thexen and hes dead.

Under that logic- but my Wrath is LS and she's loyal to Valkorian- he died (when his father could full well defend himself) to protect who we all know is responsible for much more death and destruction than either Arcann or Vaylin. Thexan watched what happened to his brother, his sister get mentally caged and that horror flashback trailer and was defending the architect of that.

A lack of Sith eyes doesn't make you good- just look at Saresh.

Under that logic- but my Wrath is LS and she's loyal to Valkorian- he died (when his father could full well defend himself) to protect who we all know is responsible for much more death and destruction than either Arcann or Vaylin. Thexan watched what happened to his brother, his sister get mentally caged and that horror flashback trailer and was defending the architect of that.

Using that logic he was biding his time for all we know.. He knew Arcann and himself wasn't powerful enough to stop ole Val.....yet.

A lack of Sith eyes doesn't make you good- just look at Saresh.

The universe isn't divided into jedi and Sith but no sith eyes is a good place to start.

Edited by Quraswren

Sure, blame the woman. She didn't kill planets full of people, but she's responsible for her husband and she opened her legs and had that mean man baby. Total ****. :rolleyes: You sure you didn't write Genesis? :D Lets just condemn her to a life of slavery and pain while we're at it.

I find it surprising how much hate there is for Arcann, and Senya, Vaylin. But nobody ever mentions Valkorion. Hes the reason his children are the way they are. And why all of this is happening in the first place.

Any parent will do their best to save their children, no matter how hard they have hit rock bottom. I can't blame Senya for trying.

Valkorion ate an entire planet, ruined another, killed tons of people, brainwashing his daughter, making his children emotionally unstable.

I won't be surprised if we get the chance to kill Arcann, especially as kotfe/kotet is being wrapped up. But I hope not! I hope he'll be redeemed and become my forever LI!! ;D

Senya doesn't deserve to die imo, Vaylin can, I don't really care for her.

But I personally won't let anyone die as a pure LS SI.

Edited by Eshvara

Sure, blame the woman. She didn't kill planets full of people, but she's responsible for her husband and she opened her legs and had that mean man baby. Total ****. :rolleyes: You sure you didn't write Genesis? :D Lets just condemn her to a life of slavery and pain while we're at it.

Valkorian is at the most fault by a incredibly large margin, but Senya is also to blame for abandoning her children. She made a mistake, she acknowledged it, knew it, and met up with it, eventually going back, but evidently is was at the time futile. This is her chance to give her children redemption, to be the mother she was suppose to be for them growing up, I don't blame her at all for giving her children another chance, not to mention judging by the look on Arcanns face he seems to have hopefully changed and proves that there is good in her children. However, that doesn't mean she wasn't at fault for what Vaylin turned into.

Valkorian is at the most fault by a incredibly large margin, but Senya is also to blame for abandoning her children. She made a mistake, she acknowledged it, knew it, and met up with it, eventually going back, but evidently is was at the time futile. This is her chance to give her children redemption, to be the mother she was suppose to be for them growing up, I don't blame her at all for giving her children another chance, not to mention judging by the look on Arcanns face he seems to have hopefully changed and proves that there is good in her children. However, that doesn't mean she wasn't at fault for what Vaylin turned into.

How is she at fault for what Vaylin turned in to?

Look how she was with Vaylin as a child in the betrayed trailer, she lover her, they seemed happy, she tried to save her from her husband. By that time Valkorion already did her damage.

Vaylin says her mother always hated her, I don't see how? She Clearly has been brainwashed. She seems to remember nothing of what the relationship between her and her mother used to be.

I agree on everything else you said though.

How is she at fault for what Vaylin turned in to?

Look how she was with Vaylin as a child in the betrayed trailer, she lover her, they seemed happy, she tried to save her from her husband. By that time Valkorion already did her damage.

Vaylin says her mother always hated her, I don't see how? She Clearly has been brainwashed. She seems to remember nothing of what the relationship between her and her mother used to be.

I agree on everything else you said though.

There was a part when she left the lands in a form of exile or whatever sort of like a Desert, it's uh... been... awhile but I believe she took it on her own accord, right before Little Vaylin was taken with the monks and all to be shaved/brainwashed/whatever.

EDIT- Around here...

Edited by peter_plankskull

There was a part when she left the lands in a form of exile or whatever sort of like a Desert, it's uh... been... awhile but I believe she took it on her own accord, right before Little Vaylin was taken with the monks and all to be shaved/brainwashed/whatever.

If you mean when all her children were well into adulthood then yeah. I don't think she left her children as pre/teens though. I'm not sure what their relationship was while they were adults, but it doesn't seem very healthy ;/

Up to a point where I'd wonder why they would even care, mainly Vaylin, when Senya took off.

Edit: isn't that because Valkorion decided to take her, rather than Senya wanting her to go? It doesn't seem like Senya had much power in that marriage. From what we're shown, it doesn't seem like she's allowed to be around. Her daughters identity is pretty much being taken away.

Edited by Eshvara

If you mean when all her children were well into adulthood then yeah. I don't think she left her children as pre/teens though. I'm not sure what their relationship was while they were adults, but it doesn't seem very healthy ;/

Up to a point where I'd wonder why they would even care, mainly Vaylin, when Senya took off.

Vaylin still looks pretty young tbh, and it seems her brothers are only slightly older, but it seemed to go all down hill for Vaylin once she left after that little outburst of the force. The guards weren't even killed directly by the looks of it, injured badly, perhaps, crippled, unknown, but surely not dead, not really sure why she left other than plot.

EDIT- It's been awhile with KOTFE and all, but it did seem that at times Senya was limited on time spent with her children, however she was over seeing the training of her child, not sure if it was often or not she was allowed too, but it seems they did spend quite a bit of time together. Maybe I will run KOTFE again as a refresher before KOTET...

Edited by peter_plankskull

Vaylin still looks pretty young tbh, and it seems her brothers are only slightly older, but it seemed to go all down hill for Vaylin once she left after that little outburst of the force. The guards weren't even killed directly by the looks of it, injured badly, perhaps, crippled, unknown, but surely not dead, not really sure why she left other than plot.

EDIT- It's been awhile with KOTFE and all, but it did seem that at times Senya was limited on time spent with her children, however she was over seeing the training of her child, not sure if it was often or not she was allowed too, but it seems they did spend quite a bit of time together. Maybe I will run KOTFE again as a refresher before KOTET...

When you look at the kotfe trailer where Arcann and thexan are fighting as kids, they seem like 10-13 years old, Vaylin seemed around 5 at that time. So I wouldn't say slightly older. Arcann and Thexan are in their 30's while Vaylin I would assume is somewhere slightly before or mid 20's.

When you look at their faces, they have way too much definition and maturing(if said that correctly) to be in their 20's

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/7/7d/Thexan1.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20160825213627

http://theawesomer.com/photos/2016/10/star_wars_the_old_republic_knights_of_the_eternal_throne_t.jpg

I think they were around the same age here.

But at the time Thexan and Arcann looked looked like that, Vaylin looked like this.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/swtor-betrayed-trailer.jpg

She seems quite a lot younger, I'd say she looks like a healthy 5 year old girl.

I'll probably rerun kotfe too, for the sake of kotet!

Edited by Eshvara

Vaylin says her mother always hated her, I don't see how? She Clearly has been brainwashed.

Pretty much . One thing we have to keep in mind , is that Valk is good at that sweet talking . He probably told her something about how Senya was afraid of her and her power and how she was holding her back or wanted to smother her potentiel .

Cose in the trailer , when she Senya get her out and then start fighting . That look on Vaylin..is one of pure ''hatred'' .

And the fact HE IS DADDY , why wouldn't a young Vaylin not listen to him ?

Hell he could've told her those priest are there to sing Kumbaya and she would've believed him .

Remember , he was EMPRORE of Zaakul seen as God . To his kid he was a king with an army at his disposal .

Pretty much . One thing we have to keep in mind , is that Valk is good at that sweet talking . He probably told her something about how Senya was afraid of her and her power and how she was holding her back or wanted to smother her potentiel .

Cose in the trailer , when she Senya get her out and then start fighting . That look on Vaylin..is one of pure ''hatred'' .

And the fact HE IS DADDY , why wouldn't a young Vaylin not listen to him ?

Hell he could've told her those priest are there to sing Kumbaya and she would've believed him .

Remember , he was EMPRORE of Zaakul seen as God . To his kid he was a king with an army at his disposal .

I kind of agree, it's just when Valkorion died Vaylin didn't exactly seem to care. But I don't think she's capable of any emotion other than anger at this point.

But even as a kid, anger was kind of her thing.

I kind of agree, it's just when Valkorion died Vaylin didn't exactly seem to care. But I don't think she's capable of any emotion other than anger at this point.

But even as a kid, anger was kind of her thing.

I'm going on a limb here..

But if you recall that scene where you die at some point during the dream sequence . Vaylin was able to see the Outlander .

Behind you , Ghost daddy would say ''interesting'' when you point out she could see you . Then he say she was always his favorite .

But is it possible.....trough her strong connexion , she could sense that Valk..wasn't...you know...normal . Therefor her actions , clearing the room (which was so bizzare....) and then showing no surprise when Arcann gave her that nonsense story ''Daddy was killed by a weakling..I'm taking the throne and gonna avenge him'' .

The only way......this chain of Lack of emotions on her part would make sense is :

1- either trough her own power , she figured out that Valk was some sort of entity that couldnt die .

2- Watever those priest did to controle or lock away her power (although thats what Senya said , I like a confirmation first , cose he couldve easely lied to Senya to shut her up ) , it may have (the rituel) locked away her emotions . Which would explain that she seem to have an obsession . The hatred from the trailer seemed gone..even all her blahblah with senya during the duel...I couldnt feel the emotions . Just the attitude .

It looks like Bioware's may be giving Arcann a redemption arc, so Senya making off with him may not be the disaster some players think it is.

Of course Outlanders who are dark side may still want him dead, but it would be an interesting development for those who are light side. Arcann could also be a powerful ally.

How is Senya not a direct threat at this point? Even my LS Captain America-styled Jedi tried to kill her at the end because of what she was doing. It was literally the only DS choice I made on that particular character throughout the entire expansion.

I hope in KOTET we have the option of finishing the job.

I hope so, too. I disliked Senya from the beginning and it got worse with every chapter. What she did in chapter 16 was expected. I was just (negatively) surprised that I couldn't do what I wanted to do. You know what.

Exactly. The whole family is trash.

Yes! There is nothing positive I see in this family and I feel zero empathy for them. I cannot understand how there are even players who are attracted to Arcann or Vaylin.

A satisfying ending for KotET would be (for me, YMMV) if I get the chance to destroy the whole Zakuul planet with its rotten society. I know, I sound like a true Sith, even though 16 of my 18 chars on my main server are light side. But these people bring out the worst in me, because they are the worst. ;)

I'm a dad so I can see where she is coming from.

She loves her kids and doesn't want to see them die, she still believes they can be "redeemed" and she's willing to do anything to help them.

I've had this conversation a few times and it always boils down to those with kids V's those without. One group can empathise and some of us would do the same thing while the other group wants to kill all the things.

The second group isn't a bad choice, they have no blinders and see things more objectively. I think those of us with kids are slightly blinkered by that and would probably cause more problems than we'd fix by helping them.

I certainly do see where she is coming from though.

It looks like Bioware's may be giving Arcann a redemption arc, so Senya making off with him may not be the disaster some players think it is.

Of course Outlanders who are dark side may still want him dead, but it would be an interesting development for those who are light side. Arcann could also be a powerful ally.

I can see it now-he's on your side! Ignore the billions he's killed, they were all offscreen anyway!

Would the Rebels have welcomed Tarkin into the fold if he had said he was really, really sorry about the whole Alderaan thing (and you know, wasn't blown up along with the Death Star)?

My goody-goody 'for the Republic' light 5 trooper wants him dead because he's clearly willing to commit mass murder when given any sort of authority and is clearly too powerful to be left alive. Even if he 'turned' to the light, who wants an unstable super Force-wielder who might kill your entire command staff if he has a tantrum?

I can see it now-he's on your side! Ignore the billions he's killed, they were all offscreen anyway!

Would the Rebels have welcomed Tarkin into the fold if he had said he was really, really sorry about the whole Alderaan thing (and you know, wasn't blown up along with the Death Star)?

My goody-goody 'for the Republic' light 5 trooper wants him dead because he's clearly willing to commit mass murder when given any sort of authority and is clearly too powerful to be left alive. Even if he 'turned' to the light, who wants an unstable super Force-wielder who might kill your entire command staff if he has a tantrum?

People do change overtime, Arcann finally has someone who cares for him and is willing to give him another chance, he hasn't had someone like that for years now.

Yes, he has done bad things and needs to make up for them, but he, much like Tarkin will be one of THE biggest assets you would in theory have. Tarkin would of had countless Imperial target locations to his knowledge, and he knows the Empire inside and out, mostly politics, but he isn't light on military tactics either. Arcann is the same, he is one of THE strongest force users in the galaxy and a top tier duelist, however he has vital essential knowledge about the Eternal Empire. People need to get past petty feelings and not only look at the bigger picture, but accept some people do change.