Rage Quiting Random HMFP over Nothing

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry that bit about not putting down the purple ring made me laugh out loud at my desk. Don't use your single most effective ability, which is incredibly force-efficient considering the healing it does on a melee group?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

I did a LI HM once with my scoundrel healer. I had 3 people from some other guild and me. We wiped a couple of times at Dr. Lorrick, and I was repeatedly accused of not putting out enough heals. Hello! Almost all of the damage in the survival phase can be avoided. The damage is manageable in the burn phase if you take him down fast enough to avoid too many stacks of debuff. If I can't keep up with the damage you're taking when I'm geared in Rakata and I'm pure healer spec and I got us past LR-5 and Sav-Rak, it's not me!

QFT!!!!

I cant say how many time I keep telling people AVOID THE GREEN BLOBS!. What do they do they either run to the healer or they dont move. I even had a group surround me in green blobs as they to a part of the room I couldnt heal them. They started to kite the guy and I was like *** are you guys doing.

Its the same for the dam robot. You get the blue symbol under you run from the group. What do most do again? Run to the healers as now I am trapped gettting pounded by the electric field and than dead. Who do they want to balme??? Me the healer.

I have a lot of alts and have run all the FP's to death; adore my healers, love my dps'ers and tolerate my tank (she only goes out with guildies as I do not have the patience for over-eager dps in pug groups when tanking). I'm pretty patient in FP's, I don't mind watchers (unless its Black Talon, seriously people run the L10 version solo if you want to watch), I'm happy to help guide new-to-the-FP players through and I don't normally rage quit over minor (or major) mistakes.

For the first time in nine months of running FP's I got kicked from a group for suggesting the tank and other dps stop being idiots. Same situation as a few of you mentioned above. Into Boarding Party and the tank totally failed at keeping aggro on the first pack, healer took a lot of hits while the other dps hit the same target as the tank rather than clearing the little adds. I was trying my best to rescue the healer and we survived but the last enemy died with pretty much the whole party at half health and the sorc healer totally without force.

Common sense would suggest we all rest up at this point but nope tank immediately leaps to the next pack (if you are not familiar with this FP its 2 elite droids and I think 5-6 other adds). Yet again tank and other dps leap at 1 droid leaving me struggling to cc then kill everything else before the healer gets squished ... I failed. We clear the rest of the pack and I rez the healer. The tank is at 30% health, other dps is about 50% health, healer has just been rezed so is basically health and forceless so time to rest maybe? Nope. Time for Tanky to charge to the next group.

We somehow struggle our way through a few more smaller packs with literally no time at all between them for any of us to rest up (not that the tank or other dps felt the need to anyway). The healer is killing himself trying to keep up with the damage, I'm overheating trying to drop heals on the healer between attacks and the tank is running full speed ahead toward the first boss. At this point if I'd been the healer I'd might have let him pull and die but the poor guy was trying his hardest to heal up the tank before the evitable pull.

When I shouted "stop" in chat thankfully the tank did actually stop moving. I pointed out there was a difference between a speed run and stupidity and that perhaps letting the recently dead healer seethe for a second might be an idea before pulling the boss at which point the other dps initiated a kick on me.

I like a speed run as much as the next person but that was 3 minutes of hell that could have been avoided if we took a massive 10 seconds to rest after the healers death.

I have a lot of alts and have run all the FP's to death; adore my healers, love my dps'ers and tolerate my tank (she only goes out with guildies as I do not have the patience for over-eager dps in pug groups when tanking). I'm pretty patient in FP's, I don't mind watchers (unless its Black Talon, seriously people run the L10 version solo if you want to watch), I'm happy to help guide new-to-the-FP players through and I don't normally rage quit over minor (or major) mistakes.

For the first time in nine months of running FP's I got kicked from a group for suggesting the tank and other dps stop being idiots. Same situation as a few of you mentioned above. Into Boarding Party and the tank totally failed at keeping aggro on the first pack, healer took a lot of hits while the other dps hit the same target as the tank rather than clearing the little adds. I was trying my best to rescue the healer and we survived but the last enemy died with pretty much the whole party at half health and the sorc healer totally without force.

Common sense would suggest we all rest up at this point but nope tank immediately leaps to the next pack (if you are not familiar with this FP its 2 elite droids and I think 5-6 other adds). Yet again tank and other dps leap at 1 droid leaving me struggling to cc then kill everything else before the healer gets squished ... I failed. We clear the rest of the pack and I rez the healer. The tank is at 30% health, other dps is about 50% health, healer has just been rezed so is basically health and forceless so time to rest maybe? Nope. Time for Tanky to charge to the next group.

We somehow struggle our way through a few more smaller packs with literally no time at all between them for any of us to rest up (not that the tank or other dps felt the need to anyway). The healer is killing himself trying to keep up with the damage, I'm overheating trying to drop heals on the healer between attacks and the tank is running full speed ahead toward the first boss. At this point if I'd been the healer I'd might have let him pull and die but the poor guy was trying his hardest to heal up the tank before the evitable pull.

When I shouted "stop" in chat thankfully the tank did actually stop moving. I pointed out there was a difference between a speed run and stupidity and that perhaps letting the recently dead healer seethe for a second might be an idea before pulling the boss at which point the other dps initiated a kick on me.

I like a speed run as much as the next person but that was 3 minutes of hell that could have been avoided if we took a massive 10 seconds to rest after the healers death.

had that happen so many times on my healer that i refuse to pug with him. he only does guild runs now and already is bh geared out with updated mods for the crap endurance heavy ones for some time. i can keep a concrete canoe afloat but i struggle when on the run with it leaping out of my range.

the hms have become a nightmare for a pug as it is a race doing down right stupid things to shave 15 secs which if not properly executed will take 2-4 mins longer and cost some credits. speed runs are ok but there are speed runs and then there are races of stupidity.

I went on a run like this the other night...Tank would pull as fast as possible and pull two groups at a time. I was healing and using TOR Assistant at the time. Was pulling 2200 HPS and was still doing some dps too with Flyby. More than once me or the tank dropped to the 20% hp mark. Never thought we were in any real danger and had dps been killing the weak we never would have dropped so low on health, but the tank was just making the instance harder than it is. However, I couldn't quit since the tanks is a officer in my guild and the person that talked me into playing a MMO in the first place. Plus I knew he was just doing it just to annoy me.

Kicking is just as bad as quitting. I have never been vote kicked, but I had a tank try to in D7 once because I told him to stop so we could explain the final boss to the two dps that was obvious had never been there. After his kick failed, he quit, I explained the fight and me and these 2 fresh 50's finished D7 with my dps companion without a wipe and without a tank.

I went on a run like this the other night...Tank would pull as fast as possible and pull two groups at a time. I was healing and using TOR Assistant at the time. Was pulling 2200 HPS and was still doing some dps too with Flyby. More than once me or the tank dropped to the 20% hp mark. Never thought we were in any real danger and had dps been killing the weak we never would have dropped so low on health, but the tank was just making the instance harder than it is. However, I couldn't quit since the tanks is a officer in my guild and the person that talked me into playing a MMO in the first place. Plus I knew he was just doing it just to annoy me.

This cracks me up and hits home. We have an awesome tank in our guild, who happens to be the brother of one of our awesome healers. I will often group with them and one other dps in our guild to run our HM FPs. It's pure entertainment to watch him try to aggro as many groups as we can at one time for the challenge and purely to annoy his sister. Keep in mind that both he and his sister are in their 30s, so I love that they still do things like that to each other. Plus, it makes it fun for the other folks too.

Generally, we just turn it into a great big joke and have wiped on occasion as a result. One particular instance that comes to mind is doing the Mon Cal boss in BT (sure we could have skipped him, but so what). He pulls the droids in the room and the three mobs. Then casually makes his way over to the boss and the two healers. All the while, holding aggro on almost all the mobs, while the other dps and I are taking out as many as we can. He pulls the boss and two healers, and starts running him all around, then goes over to the door and pulls the other three mobs, goes through the door and pulls the next room. We actually did pretty well, until he finally overwhelmed himself and the boss enraged. He died, but we were able to take out almost everyone else before the wipe. The whole time we were laughing and good naturedly yelling at him to stop pulling. And his sister was healing her ***** off and getting super frustrated with him. Pure entertainment!

Edited by AMulls

^^^

This made me laugh. Our group has twin brothers, one is a tank the other is a healer. The shenanigans they get into make for the most entertaining rollercoaster rides ever.

I would have long since been bored with TOR were it not for these two.

My favorite manuver is to force pull the mob back to me that the sentinal just lept to:p:p good times.

Lol, I'd bet everybody that can loves doing that. Our tanks purposefully wait to use their pull until the sentinel have lept in. In some pulls and compositions, the tanks spread out and play "keep away".

Lol, I'd bet everybody that can loves doing that. Our tanks purposefully wait to use their pull until the sentinel have lept in. In some pulls and compositions, the tanks spread out and play "keep away".
Not a sentinel, but a shadow. In EC I will see the bomber first and hit force speed...just about in range to hit force breach....tank pulls... It is funny in HMFP or doing dailies, I don't laugh in EC. So I have to run back and I use Project along the way and my rotation is ruined. If I don't run, the tank doesn't pull...will never figure it out. :D