Internet Satellite

akdonkey

Anyone play on Satellite Internet? I see mixed reviews of it online. My neighbor has the maxed Dish and plays Xbox fine. I know lines are better but it's not happening in my Rural area. My best DSL is 1.0 Mbp I can get 20 Mbp on the Satellite. Let me know what you experience with it. Yes I'm aware of rain issues, I have Satellite Tv.

I don't have it, but I've never heard anything good about it. You might have a good download speed with it but your upload speed and ping will, I am told, suffer. As I understand it, you will get download from the satelite but your upload will be dsl or some other type of hard line. If you already have dsl you're probably better off sticking with that.

Edit: the support forum probably would have been a better place to ask that sort of thing.

Edited by RWScissors

That's what I'm figuring. I've asked in the Support forums long ago and got no response. I'd hoped to hear from someone who uses it. My neighbor is showing a 100-150 ms ping. Not great but ok. I currently run 50-60 on my line, it is better for gaming but my line is so slow for everything else. Took me 15 hours to download Makeb.