Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Blaster pistol search

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Blaster pistol search

klham
06.28.2014 , 05:14 PM | #1
Anyone remember the name of the blaster pistol that sounds like actual automatic weapons fire when you fire Charged Burst? I leveled with it when I first started the game, but can't find it anymore. Thanks.
Tavjun (Gunnery) | POT5
:: Eridani Legacy ::

klham
07.23.2014 , 08:21 AM | #2
Anyone?
Tavjun (Gunnery) | POT5

Khevar
07.23.2014 , 01:35 PM | #3
Not sure which one you're referring to. I'd suggest checking out: http://tor-fashion.com/blaster-pistols/

Some of detail pages have audo/video, which may help you narrow it down.

TACeMossie
07.23.2014 , 08:01 PM | #4
If you used it from the start, its probably Flashy, the pistol Corso gives you that you can't replace.

Other candidates are orange pistols from the coruscant comms vendor or from the esseles
Kwerty, Level 60 Vanguard on The Harbinger
Vanguard DPS Guide | Powertech DPS Guide

klham
07.24.2014 , 09:27 AM | #5
I thought it was Flashy, but unless they changed Flashy's audio effects at some point, it wasn't Flashy. Flashy's audio is now very close to the original Han Solo blaster audio, and the Charged Burst doesn't sound like RL automatic weapons fire. Not sure at what point this changed, or if it's been that way since release.
Tavjun (Gunnery) | POT5

midianlord
07.24.2014 , 11:03 AM | #6
They changed it at 1.4, if memory serves.

I still want my DAKKA-DAKKA back, dammit
Proud "elitist." Even more proud to be an un-reconstructed "gaming-culture snob."
Merc and 'Slinger 4 life
Spoiler

klham
07.26.2014 , 08:21 AM | #7
I miss it too. It was one of the more "satisfying" damage sound effects in the game, right up there with the "plunging lightsaber" sound of Ravage/Master Strike, Mortar Volley, and maybe Rail Shot.
Tavjun (Gunnery) | POT5

Kaos_KidSWTOR
07.26.2014 , 01:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by klham View Post
I miss it too. It was one of the more "satisfying" damage sound effects in the game, right up there with the "plunging lightsaber" sound of Ravage/Master Strike, Mortar Volley, and maybe Rail Shot.
Yep, i want my deep sounding Charged Burst and Trickshot back BW! I stopped playing SS Slinger because of that change... i also want my 6 shot Merc Healer Rapid Shots heal back...

klham
07.27.2014 , 07:29 PM | #9
Forgot about the Merc's "rattlesnake" Rapid Shots heal - yes, add that one to the list. Healing abilities don't really have "fun" sounds per se, except for that one. I don't remember there being any demand to change it, so it's a mystery to me.
Tavjun (Gunnery) | POT5