Where Is It?

Kevinor

1. 12th April 2012 - Novare Coast Warzone
  2. 26th June 2012 - Ranked Warzones Pre-Season 1
  3. 11th December 2012 - Ancient Hypergates Warzone
  4. 9th April 2012 - Improved Bolster

So correct me if I'm wrong; but is the list I've given above an accurate reflection of the major PvP features/content introduced since release? (NB: I'm specifically excluding World PvP and the Ilum debacle and focusing on Warzones/structured PvP)

We now also have enough information about 2.1 to conclude there are no PvP features of any significance coming soon.

So I have a simple question: Where is the PvP content? What reason is there for PvP centric players to continue paying and playing?

I'm aware of two well-known and respected PvP Guilds on two different servers who have folded and/or disbanded this week. This is not a new thing either; I've watched PvPers bleeding from this game since the initial failure to introduce RWZs in 1.2.

And then BioWare asked the PvPers to shell out money just to let them reach the level cap and continue participating in RWZs; and incredibly managed to not include any PvP content in the expansion with the exception of a poorly implemented, poorly tested, and still broken Bolster system.

I don't think PvPers are asking for anything extraordinary. Personally all I'm looking for is a single new warzone every once and a while, some actual information and a road map for Season 1, any kind of information on the PvP roadmap for this game.

I'm sure your metrics tell you that only 2% of the population play RWZs regularly.... but at the rate you're releasing PvP content it will be .1% and you'll lose whatever "hardcore" PvP element still play this game. And I don't think a lot of those people are truly "hardcore" either; many just play for a couple of hours every couple of days but like to play something competitive while they do so.

Anyway; I suspect this isn't likely to get much notice, but it's the first time I've ever bothered posting here in the main forums... and for anyone who knows me they'll appreciate this is a pretty big deal to me. I may be only one customer; but I'm sure there are others out there who agree with me.

TL;DR: Where is the PvP content? Where is the information on PvP content? I'm seeing this game bleeding "good" PvPers and I don't think it would take much to keep at least some of them around... put some more damned effort into it please.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't much variation in SWTOR pvp. Always 8 man teams, always fighting over 3 nodes, with huttball being a variation on the flag carrying theme. I am not sure where they can go from here if their game engine severely limits the possibilities.

There isn't much variation in SWTOR pvp. Always 8 man teams, always fighting over 3 nodes, with huttball being a variation on the flag carrying theme. I am not sure where they can go from here if their game engine severely limits the possibilities.

Well the obvious thing to me would be another Huttball map; but the fundamental point I'm making is that they've given us.... nothing. And they haven't told us about anything that's on the horizon either; so we could be getting Season 1 and a new Warzone in 2.2; or it could be slated for 2.5.

A while ago, an announcement was already made that, for now, the PVP Developers would focus on developing new or improved systems for current PVP instead of focusing on delivering new warzones. Bolster was one of those new systems, one that removed the huge gear gap (once it works bug-free).

Probably the next major system will be improving Ranked Warzones? Or possibly changing the PUG matchmaking to solve some issues like premades and teams of new players being steamrolled? Or something else we haven't considered entirely yet?

PVP is still being developed, just looking at warzones being delivered is a PVE-ers mindset to PVP.

A while ago, an announcement was already made that, for now, the PVP Developers would focus on developing new or improved systems for current PVP instead of focusing on delivering new warzones. Bolster was one of those new systems, one that removed the huge gear gap (once it works bug-free).

Probably the next major system will be improving Ranked Warzones? Or possibly changing the PUG matchmaking to solve some issues like premades and teams of new players being steamrolled? Or something else we haven't considered entirely yet?

PVP is still being developed, just looking at warzones being delivered is a PVE-ers mindset to PVP.

They announced that? Do you have a link? I seem to recall that they confirmed they weren't working on a new Warzone when they released Hypergates... but that's it.

The whole point of my post is to identify the lack of PvP content delivered, to highlight the general dissatisfaction of a significant number of PvPers, and also highlight the lack of information about any upcoming PvP updates.

I didn't even mention the queueing issue they brought in with 2.0 with they somehow can't pin down; which forces groups of players to sit in the same Warzone 5/6/7 times in a row with regularity... nor the significant issues with Bolster when it was first implemented and pushed in with 2.0 when it wasn't close to being ready.... some of those issues which still remain today.

I'm not saying I don't like Bolster either; what I'm saying is that to me it shows a clear lack of resources and/or desire to actually do anything meaningful with PvP that the only PvP feature released is riddles with bugs and still not finished nearly a month later.

I don't remember the exact quote, or even how it was quoted (I think it was an interview..) but it basicly boiled down to them saying that there was nothing to announce concerning a new warzone, but that the focus was now on improving the systems of PVP first.

I believe it was an interview concerning RotHC and the question basicly was: "RotHC doesnt have a warzone, what's in store for PVP players?" or something..

My google-fu failed me though, so I cant give you the exact quote. It is pre-RotHC and most news items concerning TOR PVP nowadays are around complaints concerning Bolster.. so other news is swamped out.

pvp doesn't feel competitive at all..endless preseason, lack of motivation for people to join RWZ, broken bolster is really the only feature implemented with a huge content you had to pay for..which is definetly pve only...they should do something for this..

This game has so much potential about PvP but isn't used in a good way.

We could have cross server RWZ, at least to keep high the competitive games between all the servers. (Don't think, that just cause there are RP or PVE servers, there aren't good pvp'ers on them). If the cross server normal WZ are so difficoult to provide, then we could have a working matchmaking for ranked WZ cross server.

Small Open World PvP Areas. Ye, I'm playing this game since has been launched and the engine it is still his big problem, admitted even from his former devs. So, why don't you make some istanced areas where people can join and do open pvp? Even on other famous games the Open World PvP is istanced and you have to Queue to play in it. Even a World PvP objective based would be fine! Don't forget to put a reward in it, so more people can try to put some efforts in it. (Like 5 Normal Commendation Each enemy kill, and if you conquest an objective you gain another reward, or just use the old Weekly/Daily System).

Arenas. Even them, istanced areas. On some servers 3vs3/4vs4 tournaments are really funny events and a lot of people apply for them, but cause of the massive lag, you can't enjoy them. And even, there is no reward in it, no motivations to improove players to play on it. Istanced arenas would be another cool features, just 3vs3 or 4vs4, I mean I saw games with an engine worst than SWTOR having it, why can't you?

At least, we know that we can't ask all these contents in one shot, but come on guys. You're doing a lot of money with cartel markets and loyal subscribed players, you can spend 30% of what you gain to finance a PvP Team project.

We also know that the much criticism about the community would be so stressful for you, so you want keep analyzing the things. But make polls, I remember a poll, last year about Open World PvP, and the community answered for a Open World PvP with some PvE contents (maybe that's why you developed the gree stuff). But is not enough!

So, please, keep an eye on this thread and give us some info about what you plan to do. And be fair with your answers, otherwise you can't complain about players that insults you, cause I remember Ranked WZ promised at the launch of 1.2 and the day before you deleted that content, has been really an unfair behaviour regards your loyal users.

Hoping this chit chat on the forum will bring more attention for PvP contents. I really like the new community managers, at least they answers weekly on the forum and not once for a while like the former ones :3

I sometimes wish I could transfer my characters to battlefront 2 (and make that game work on my computer) so I could have all those maps with different little tricks but same basic idea instead of "guard this, big fight here, enemy guards this". But I guess I can never have anything like that in here, since this is mmo, and pvp is just "a minigame" as some pve-player once said.

Nice post OP.

There's no sense whining about what I'm about to, since what is done is done, but the level cap was really unnecessary. In World of Warcraft, when you levelled up to the new level cap there was an entirely new end game; new raids, new dungeons, new battlegrounds, new dailies, new crafting and even a new hub for when you are idling.

In SWTOR we got a new operation and new dailies. Crafting is the exact same bs that it was at level 50. The only thing level 55 did was to re-introduce the same grind you had already endeavoured... and there's no real incentive for the grind this time around. I don't get how bolster works, but I don't like the feeling of not being aware of what stats I gain and lose when I gear up, since bolster seem to change them. That, and I had 3 level 50s fully geared. Now I have gotten 1 to 55 and I'm in full partisan, and when I want to play the others I have to endure the same Makeb, and then start grinding for the same gear again... and worst of all; the augments. Sigh...

I'd love to see an instanced open world pvp area. Empty of NPCs, and have several objectives for pvp to interact with. Arenas would be fun as well, in addition to some new warzones. I'd especially love to see another huttball map. We have 3 warzones with capture point pvp, it is getting really tiresome.

Edited by Majspuffen

Nice post OP.

There's no sense whining about what I'm about to, since what is done is done, but the level cap was really unnecessary. In World of Warcraft, when you levelled up to the new level cap there was an entirely new end game; new raids, new dungeons, new battlegrounds, new dailies, new crafting and even a new hub for when you are idling.

In SWTOR we got a new operation and new dailies. Crafting is the exact same bs that it was at level 50. The only thing level 55 did was to re-introduce the same grind you had already endeavoured... and there's no real incentive for the grind this time around. I don't get how bolster works, but I don't like the feeling of not being aware of what stats I gain and lose when I gear up, since bolster seem to change them. That, and I had 3 level 50s fully geared. Now I have gotten 1 to 55 and I'm in full partisan, and when I want to play the others I have to endure the same Makeb, and then start grinding for the same gear again... and worst of all; the augments. Sigh...

I'd love to see an instanced open world pvp area. Empty of NPCs, and have several objectives for pvp to interact with. Arenas would be fun as well, in addition to some new warzones. I'd especially love to see another huttball map. We have 3 warzones with capture point pvp, it is getting really tiresome.

Yeah. 2.0 let down the entire PvP playerbase. Even if you like Bolster, there's still nothing actually worth doing in PvP, that we haven't already done to death. One would hope the expansion we paid for would have actually brought new Warzones, but nope. It barely even brought any PvE to the table, for that matter. One new Op, and 4 HMFPs that are easier than their original versions were at level. Oh, well, I guess. I had my fun. But, for now, at least, I'm letting my sub lapse, and stepping away from SWTOR. I'll probably come back if they ever add something worthy to PvP, but for now, I honestly can't justify paying $15 a month to run laps around fleet.

1. 12th April 2012 - Novare Coast Warzone
  2. 26th June 2012 - Ranked Warzones Pre-Season 1
  3. 11th December 2012 - Ancient Hypergates Warzone
  4. 9th April 2012 - Improved Bolster

TL;DR: Where is the PvP content? Where is the information on PvP content?

Where?!

Where have you been?

How could you have possibly missed the biggest update???

It's been released already. This years MASSIVE PvP update, has already been released!!!

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree - that was over a freaking year of development to "fix" OW PvP on Ilum. That was it!!!! There are no more plans for PvP in 2013. They want PvP to happen "organically", meaning, 55's in full expertise gear, go around and gank any player who doesn't have it.

Agreed. I really would love another WZ.

If it's another 8 vs 8 on a small map like the others, it would just be a matter of a few weeks before we are right back here again wondering whats next. They need some sort of persistent PvP content that does not end in a scoreboard.

If it's another 8 vs 8 on a small map like the others, it would just be a matter of a few weeks before we are right back here again wondering whats next. They need some sort of persistent PvP content that does not end in a scoreboard.

No no no....what they could do would be like have a mirrored map with like 3 control points - whoever has 2 would be "winning"...and you could steal the points from the other faction. Doesn't that sound cool?!

No no no....what they could do would be like have a mirrored map with like 3 control points - whoever has 2 would be "winning"...and you could steal the points from the other faction. Doesn't that sound cool?!

That sounds just awesome! Where do I sign up?