Low crit chance with crafting

ThatGuyToo

I have been noticing a much lower than expected crit chance when crafting with high level companions so I stopped an made sure to track a group of items I was crafting to make sure I had real information.

I just crafted 30 Bonded Attachments and had 9 criticals. The character is lvl 75. Synthweaving is lvl 700. All crafted with a lvl 50 companion and the game says it has a 75% crit chance.

Granted, that is only 30 attachments but I would have expected much higher numbers if it was truly a 75% crit chance vs the 33.3% I just observed.

I am open to ideas as to how my understanding of all this is wrong or what I am missing. Pretty sure Bioware would not make the information in game this wrong.

Pretty sure Bioware would not make the information in game this wrong.

Actually, incorrectly displaying the crit chance is a persistent bug that keeps coming back. It's not like they're intentionally making it display wrong, but it's displaying wrong nonetheless. Correct bonuses for a 50 affection companion have consistently been +75% time efficiency and +25% critical.

Thx for the information.

I had thought the crit chance has read 75% for quite some time, well before 6.0. I take it from your post this is a recent bug since bioware would not intentionally.

While I had thought 75% chance had been the max crit chance since BW revamped the companions a few years ago, I am clearly wrong since as you say this is not intentional which would mean we can hope BW would have it becomes intentional neglect and I would hope that would not happen with something so obviously wrong.

Edited by ThatGuyToo

Here all all the base Crit rates that SHOULD apply to Crafting

+15% MAX= Hidden Subscriber Bonus +10% for all crew skils, +5% more if it's NOT orange

+25% MAX= Companion Affection Level * 0.5% (still slightly bugged in that it rounds Down to the nearest whole percentage)

+3% MAX = Legacy of crafting, +1% per level (3 available)

+2% Max = Guild Fortune Set

+5% Max = Guild Perk: Professional Training Skill

+3% Max = Guild Perk: Critical _____ # (three categories, crafting, gathering, "mission", each with three levelss, of +1% per level)

BASE_CRIT = Crafting Max Crit = 53%, Gathering/Mission Skills Mission Max Crit = 50%

AFAIK the new amplifiers (Max Bonus 13,5% crit, 18% Efficiency) is calculated differently and is actually

{AMP_CRIT * (1 - BASE_CRIT)}

Giving a New Max of 59.345% for crafting, and 56.75% for other crew skills

• Like 1

So I do not assume, what does this mean? I do not want to assume.

Thx ahead of time for your reply.

+10% critical chance, all crew skills (crafting, gather, and mission skills)

it's probably the oldest running bonus we have. IIRC it's actually a holdover from before F2P, and used to be the Base critical chance. it's NEVER been displayed on the UI though.When F2P became a thing, it was only given to subscribers.