Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MS jumping from 30 to 5-10k. No issues with lsp. Fix this crap pls

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
MS jumping from 30 to 5-10k. No issues with lsp. Fix this crap pls

bladech
06.26.2019 , 03:27 PM | #1
Unplayable game...this is happening like once every 3-4 months. For few days or week and then dissapears until next time. I know there is some routs between swtor servers and my lsp, ping plotter etc. But i never have such issues while playing wow or gw2. Why do i have it only with swtor???

kodrac
06.26.2019 , 03:32 PM | #2
Because WoW and GW2 are in a different location and thereby have a different route.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

bladech
06.26.2019 , 03:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
Unplayable game...this is happening like once every 3-4 months. For few days or week and then dissapears until next time. I know there is some routs between swtor servers and my lsp, ping plotter etc. But i never have such issues while playing wow or gw2. Why do i have it only with swtor???
https://gyazo.com/2df24267f30417fbc6e963ba6fda16f1

https://gyazo.com/95512dbc82d8fb82ea73f15790c81227

https://gyazo.com/8176075c61ee22b8411dd212a35514b1

https://gyazo.com/28f5165569344c81cb5c66af511ddf18

bladech
06.26.2019 , 03:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Because WoW and GW2 are in a different location and thereby have a different route.
so there are better routs and worse routs? And as i understand swtor has worse one (who'd be surprised though). Can i do something to fix this rout problem or just unsub and go play wow back?

DarkTergon
06.26.2019 , 03:48 PM | #5
so there are better routs and worse routs? And as i understand swtor has worse one (who'd be surprised though). Can i do something to fix this rout problem or just unsub and go play wow back?

It has come up on the forums a few times, i wish i could link the posts, but I can't remember where they were, hopefully, the people that gave advice on those posts are still active and have some advice. Otherwise I'd say search the forums for specific words, like , lag, fps, routes, etc, and hopefully you'll hit the one you need.
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Banthabreeder
06.26.2019 , 03:50 PM | #6
I went for a full 3-4 months where I couldn't play. Kept checking the connections and miraculously, one day, everything was fine. I'm in California and Bioware is somewhere on east coast. My trace route found something bad in Kansas but no one, TWC, Bioware, Spectrum would do anything about it. I asked and researched if there was a way to bypass that connection through Kansas but it's totally up to the internet Gods where your connection go through.

It's really frustrating, I know. I've threaten to unsubscribe over and over but they don't care about one long time players frustrations. They will only do something is say 1/2 of the U.S. can't log on.
Dont call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.

kodrac
06.26.2019 , 04:48 PM | #7
The internet is like a highway. Simplistically, one route might take you to Virginia. Another route takes you to Texas, etc etc. And along the way, your route takes you through Ohio which has a major pile up at rush hour. Or you can think of it as McDonald's on the east end of town has a traffic jam so it's easier to get to Subway on the west end of town. A lot depends on where the servers are physically located, their networks, etc. (Yes pedants, I know it's more complicated than that but I said simplistically for a reason).

If SWTOR is in Virginia and WoW is in Texas, complaining that WoW works doesn't mean anything for SWTOR, You see? So using ping plotter you can find where the hangup is and call your ISP. You tell them where you're trying to go, where the traffic jam is and see if they can help you. They can reroute you a different path or get in touch with the area that has the problem. If they feel like it anyway.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

Elessara
06.26.2019 , 04:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
I went for a full 3-4 months where I couldn't play. Kept checking the connections and miraculously, one day, everything was fine. I'm in California and Bioware is somewhere on east coast. My trace route found something bad in Kansas but no one, TWC, Bioware, Spectrum would do anything about it. I asked and researched if there was a way to bypass that connection through Kansas but it's totally up to the internet Gods where your connection go through.

It's really frustrating, I know. I've threaten to unsubscribe over and over but they don't care about one long time players frustrations. They will only do something is say 1/2 of the U.S. can't log on.
Just out of curiosity but what makes you think BioWare has any control over where your ISP routes your connection through? They don't. It's not that they won't help with that problem it's that they can't. Be mad at your ISP about that issue.

MadDutchman
06.26.2019 , 07:10 PM | #9
You either pester your ISP to fix their **** (or get them to pester whoever's **** it is), find a better ISP or move

I live in western Canada and my connection has been pretty much flawless since launch, and odds are I'm quite a bit further from the servers
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Banthabreeder
06.27.2019 , 02:59 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
Just out of curiosity but what makes you think BioWare has any control over where your ISP routes your connection through? They don't. It's not that they won't help with that problem it's that they can't. Be mad at your ISP about that issue.
You are totally correct. Bioware has zero control over the routes people take to get to their servers. But Bioware moved their West Coast server (where I had no problems with connection) to the East Coast (where there problems started). I was just grouping them up with the internet providers in regards to not helping me solve the problem.
Dont call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.