Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Personal Area Flashlight with Cooldown like the one in Kaon Under Siege

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Personal Area Flashlight with Cooldown like the one in Kaon Under Siege

Amunra-amunray
05.04.2019 , 06:29 AM | #1
I would pay cartel coins for a personal Area flashlight that could be activated in dark area for a period of time and goes on CD... some of the instance are just too dark for me to see and I don't want to change my graphical settings as it lessens the look of realism in the game...
"Do the Best and Spare the Rest!" Joe Pirandello
My Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/qYLGd9

Xina_LA
05.04.2019 , 07:03 AM | #2
Like a Toy based on the floating light probes from Blood Hunt?
That would be awesome.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

MadDutchman
05.04.2019 , 10:28 AM | #3
I would love this, but not on a CD. This should be a standard utility to aid in visibility.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Holocron
05.04.2019 , 10:47 AM | #4
This would indeed be a cool toy idea! I support this proposal. As an aside, I do wish there were more portions of the game that were a lot more dark.

^ My referral link above is like a one night stand ^
You'll enjoy it...I'll enjoy it...And no one has to sneak out

Amunra-amunray
06.09.2019 , 05:11 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
I would love this, but not on a CD. This should be a standard utility to aid in visibility.
Thanks for your support and that is also a very good idea!
"Do the Best and Spare the Rest!" Joe Pirandello
My Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/qYLGd9

MingusPho
06.09.2019 , 03:08 PM | #6
I like the idea too but I'm curious----where would you use it? Aside from Kaon I can only think of the Rakghoul tunnels.

IoNonSoEVero
06.09.2019 , 10:44 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MingusPho View Post
I like the idea too but I'm curious----where would you use it? Aside from Kaon I can only think of the Rakghoul tunnels.
There are a few places that are pretty dark where it might be helpful, especially for those with vision challenges. The one that I think of first is the part of the Nathema flashpoint where you go through the cave and the tunnels before the final fight sequences. It can be dark. The rakghoul tunnels, as you said. Chapter 7 of KOTET in the sanitarium springs to mind. The swamps in KOTFE.

It also could be helpful in some areas where it's not necessarily very dark but a lot of dark colors dominate the landscape, like the Dark Temple on Dromund Kaas and the Rakata and Voss temples.

Xina_LA
06.11.2019 , 05:52 AM | #8
I always have to run my gamma at max. A floating light tool would really help me turn that down a bit and still see what's happening. It would also add some ambiance to the locations.

Thinking about it, this is the only MMO I've played much that doesn't have a built-in themed light source for toons.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Sinhammer
06.11.2019 , 06:31 AM | #9
Drop your graphic settings to low and there's no darkness to speak of. Those caves on Ossus look like broad daylight inside. Same with Blood Hunt etc.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
----Darth Wolfhammer Hellstorm of Star Forge----

SteveTheCynic
06.11.2019 , 07:28 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MingusPho View Post
The "provided" ones also exist in Blood Hunt and the instanced area of the CZ-198 daily areas, but there are some pretty gloomy areas in Imp Taris, and even one small area in the part of Coruscant where the Trooper goes to deactivate the nerve gas.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.