Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild invasion rewards don't seem fair

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Guild invasion rewards don't seem fair

AscendingSky
06.27.2019 , 02:14 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Visorknight View Post
First, Please share more on how to use the 500cc to get 10m credits a month.
Step 1: Use your 500 CC to buy items in demand on the Cartel Market.
Step 2: Wait for the bind timer to expire.
Step 3: List the Cartel Market items on the GTN.
Step 4: Get credits when your items on the GTN sell.

It's not exactly quantum mechanics levels of difficult to figure this out.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Visorknight
06.27.2019 , 02:22 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
Step 1: Use your 500 CC to buy items in demand on the Cartel Market.
Step 2: Wait for the bind timer to expire.
Step 3: List the Cartel Market items on the GTN.
Step 4: Get credits when your items on the GTN sell.

It's not exactly quantum mechanics levels of difficult to figure this out.
Isnt the bind timers purpose is to discourage people from taking advantage of buying on CM and selling for insane credits immediately. I mean after 3 days of bind timer, the risk is that the 500cc item may not worth as much as it is when you checked 3 days ago.

AscendingSky
06.27.2019 , 02:27 AM | #133
Isnt the bind timers purpose is to discourage people from taking advantage of buying on CM and selling for insane credits immediately. I mean after 3 days of bind timer, the risk is that the 500cc item may not worth as much as it is when you checked 3 days ago.
First off, the bind timer is a day and a half long, not three days. Second, if you buy something new as soon as it comes out, your item will be available to put on the GTN at the same time as everyone else who bought it immediately, so you lose nothing in the race to try to sell the shiny new thing. Third, all it takes is a couple of minutes of searching items on the GTN to see what those items sell for. Do that tiny amount of research on a regular basis, and you'll know what's worth how much on your server's market over the long term. Again, this is not quantum mechanics levels of difficult to figure out.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Paziqi
06.27.2019 , 02:55 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainObvius View Post
OK I'll give you scenario since you're obviously not reading the thread.

Two players sit down to play SWTOR.

Player 1 is in a 'big guild' and Player 2 solo not in a guild

They sit right next to each other in a room.

They play exactly the same amount of time. 4 hours a day every day.

They play exactly the same characters.

They do the exact same activities, NOTHING GUILD RELATED. They do their dailies, flashpoints and pug operation groups.

100% everything they do is exactly the same and no different than the other is doing. No guild chat. No guild events. No discord chat. Absolutely everything is 100% exactly the same from Player 1 to Player 2.

Player 1 being in a big guild did absolutely nothing differently than Player 2. Player 1 didn't join any guild events or even chat with any of the guild members. And the guild loves having him there because he adds to their total conquest for the week helping them win their 'Guild invasion' even though he's really just a solo player.

They both end up with 250k conquest and cap 10 characters conquest for the week.

At the end of the week:

Player 1 gets tons of great rewards from guild conquest! 50k credits x10 (500,000 credits), 150 jawa junk, 20 CMT's among other things!

Player 2 gets, NOTHING! Not a damn thing! No credits, no jawa junk, no CMT's.

For the 100th time someone please for the love of god explain to me how this can even be considered fair and balanced.

Where is the justifiable reason for Player 1 getting rewards and Player 2 getting NOTHING?
For what it's worth OP, I agree with you.

No one can explain to you why it is fair because it isn't fair. But, it isn't meant to be either. It is meant to get players to join guilds. Just like so many of the rewards in this game, it is structured to 'encourage' you to join group activities, because the devs think group activities are what keep people in the game.

For what it's worth, I'm your player 1 in your example. My two mains are in guilds for the sole purpose of getting the guild rewards. Other than talking with my recruiter, I have never engaged in any other way with the guild or it's members. But, the recruiter knew this going in, and was perfectly happy with that arrangement, so I guess they are getting something from my 'involvement'.

DarkTergon
06.27.2019 , 03:03 AM | #135
If you pick and choose what you buy and sell, there is very little risk. Decorations are probably the biggest sellers at the moment, depending on the deco, one gold , which is around 500 cc's, can go for 10 mill +. But you do have to research this. Some fluctuate wildly, and can be extremely profitable ,
an example is the small statue of ancient horror. goes for around 4 million, but there are times it's harder to get, and I've sold a few for 20 mill +, even sold one for 45 mill. This is on SF.

Rename's can go from about 30 mill up, but are around 1000cc's, but they do appear on the sales some times.
there are many examples, best thing to do is look at the GTN, try and see a pattern
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

TrixxieTriss
06.27.2019 , 03:14 AM | #136
Ah yes the good old 'being social' excuse.

Guilds are like being married. You see the same people all day every day. You don't really meet a lot of new people. For the most part you stick within your inner circle and just play with a few people.

Solo players are like being single. They go out, mingle, meet new people, find friendly and mean faces. They are being 100 times more social than most married people.

If you're a solo player you're doing a lot of group finder and/or spamming in chat for teams.

Are you really going to try to convince me guilded players are MORE social than people who have to find a new group every day to do their dailies? Opposed to just saying in guild chat "Hey who wants to do X today?" and play with the same players over and over?

LOL

Come on what's the next excuse?

............ Guilds make you social

LOL..................

Do you just regurgitate what other people say without thinking about it first?

So good I can't stop laughing. Thanks needed that one today!
I give up. It seems you are either trolling or have difficulty understanding the basic concept of what an incentive is after it’s been explained to you.

Nothing anyone here can say that will change your mind that you think you deserve the same rewards for not being in a guild as being in one.

Maybe go find a single player game to play. MMOs are obviously not your thing or you just like to QQ over nothing. A bit like you’ve been doing in the pvp forums about healers being OP

DarkTergon
06.27.2019 , 03:17 AM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by trixxietriss View Post
i give up. It seems you are either trolling or have difficulty understanding the basic concept of what an incentive is after it’s been explained to you.

Nothing anyone here can say that will change your mind that you think you deserve the same rewards for not being in a guild as being in one.

Maybe go find a single player game to play. Mmos are obviously not your thing or you just like to qq over nothing. A bit like you’ve been doing in the pvp forums about healers being op

Still think we need a PMSL emote
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

CaptainObvius
06.28.2019 , 12:17 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Paziqi View Post
For what it's worth OP, I agree with you.

No one can explain to you why it is fair because it isn't fair. But, it isn't meant to be either. It is meant to get players to join guilds. Just like so many of the rewards in this game, it is structured to 'encourage' you to join group activities, because the devs think group activities are what keep people in the game.

For what it's worth, I'm your player 1 in your example. My two mains are in guilds for the sole purpose of getting the guild rewards. Other than talking with my recruiter, I have never engaged in any other way with the guild or it's members. But, the recruiter knew this going in, and was perfectly happy with that arrangement, so I guess they are getting something from my 'involvement'.
Thanks for your honesty. I know people do it and I don't really have a problem with them doing it I mean you're just playing the game the way it is currently designed. You're in a guild not to play with the guild, just to get the rewards of being in a guild.

And that's my whole point of my original post.

I'm just saying I don't think I should have to do what you are doing, which is joining a guild, just to get the rewards for doing the same things I do when I'm not in a guild.

I think anyone and everyone, guilded or not, who reaches capped conquest for the week should get the same exact rewards.

I think they should completely redesign the rewards of guild invasions to something 100% cosmetic only that doesn't directly affect your in game credits or character power.

I also think they should actually make the guild invasions competitive for big and small guilds alike. Let me give you just one example off the top of my head:

Let's say guild invasions are based on whoever gets the fastest times completed for their daily operations instead of conquest.

If your guild has multiple runs, the fastest time is taken. You add up the times for each operation each day and whichever 10 guilds have the lowest times win the planet!

(You must complete all 7. The runs must be completed with only guild members)

Now THAT would be a truly guild oriented achievement every week! Big guilds and small guilds alike (granted they have at least enough players to fill 1 team for an operation which they should) will be equally balanced!

THEN you make the rewards something like cool outfits or weapons, special companions, decorations etc...

Doesn't that sound more fitting as a 'guild' oriented event? With rewards to match!

Padabiene
06.28.2019 , 02:55 AM | #139
Let's say guild invasions are based on whoever gets the fastest times completed for their daily operations instead of conquest.

If your guild has multiple runs, the fastest time is taken. You add up the times for each operation each day and whichever 10 guilds have the lowest times win the planet!

(You must complete all 7. The runs must be completed with only guild members)

Now THAT would be a truly guild oriented achievement every week! Big guilds and small guilds alike (granted they have at least enough players to fill 1 team for an operation which they should) will be equally balanced!
Yeeeah, no. That would kill small guilds even more. You would need 8 people every day of the week to run an operation. Every guild with under 8 active players would be out, just as any other guild with 8+ players who can't play every day or with pref/f2p players. Now I know you're looking out for the guildless solo player, so it's probably not your concern. But no need to throw small guilds under the bus.
What do we do, panic, freak? I usually panic but I'm happy to freak.

DeannaVoyager
06.28.2019 , 04:34 AM | #140
Not only that, but it would kill all the small guilds where the members would feel being pressured to log in at the same time every day, to grind same operations every day, and then at the end of the week still lose to big guilds.

I don't think he's looking for fairness at all. He probably bought a pile of CMT's from GTN right after conquest changed, thinking he got them cheap, and not realizing price is now half of what it used to be and is now stuck with them.