Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is this the only MMO in history to not release a new class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is this the only MMO in history to not release a new class?

OlBuzzard
06.26.2019 , 07:08 PM | #21
I don't know that I'd be riding their case about everything. A few ... bugs ... that sort of thing ... perhaps.

As for the matter of the New Class: There are always possibilities. Other wise why bother with any of it ??

Sort of like going bass fishing. There are ALWAYS that possibility of what can and will happen.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

DarthCasus
06.26.2019 , 07:19 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
I think maybe 5 people would have wanted to play a character from Zakuul, an awkward sounding planet that has nothing to do with Star Wars mythology. That would have been a worse mistake than not starting a new class at all.
Just an idea, I absolutely hate everything Zakuul related but they might as well flesh it out before they leave it behind.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

CrazyScruffy
06.26.2019 , 07:49 PM | #23
Honestly if you get the making of SWTOR books, there was supposed to be another class. But EA wanted to push the date so they had to scrap the story. That means that there is already a "new" class story that they could finish and implement. For those wondering the new class was supposed to be Gray Jedi. Which I think would have been a fun class, having a nice mixture of jedi and sith abilities

Esron
06.26.2019 , 10:44 PM | #24
Gief java slicer/engi class nauw !!!! Voiceover would be simple to make from the java's side, very basic story have to be written, you could toss him in anywhere really at anytime in the story, and would be such a fun class/race to play !!!

lightSaberAddiCt
06.26.2019 , 10:49 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainObvius View Post
I mean I am coming back to the game after a few years and just WoW. Still no new classes? Not even 1?

I think I suggested a long time ago I would have love to seen a pet class added.

Imperials:
Droid Engineer

Republics:
Animal Handler (Nerf herder!)

But I mean I'm sure there's plenty of others just... wow. Same classes for 7 years?
If you love SWG that much, and have such negative views of this game, why are you not playing SWG on an Emulator? Because it seems every post I see, it is quite Obvious that you are not happy with the game. Just a suggestion.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

lightSaberAddiCt
06.26.2019 , 10:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
Simply put, the guys who came up with the class structure are long since gone. The new iteration of the team has to deal with the giant bowl of spaghetti they left them with. With low resources and money allotted, their time is spent trying to keep the game alive and creating a new class isn't a priority.

edit: With companions being a feature, a pet based class(droid engineer/animal handler) is obsolete.
Yeah I think that is what most don't understand. All the senior developers who built this game are gone. Now, more then likely, BW hires kids right out of school with no production experience and their head up their asses. And trying to work with anyone's previous code is difficult in the best of circumstances with the devs leaving a lot of in code notes.

This game is what it is now, it isn't really going to change. The BS of transferring the devs to their new SNAFU game Anthem caused a lot of people to leave. At this point, if you have a bunch of issues with the game, a break might be in order. Because it ain't changing.

UmbralSpirit
06.27.2019 , 01:00 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
A new class would require a full new story so I dont see that coming any time soon.
Not really, if they just added new "advanced" classes they wouldn't have to write new stories.

lightSaberAddiCt
06.27.2019 , 01:10 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by UmbralSpirit View Post
Not really, if they just added new "advanced" classes the wouldn't have to write new stories.
That is a good idea

Zerileth
06.27.2019 , 01:25 AM | #29
Kashyyyk

New Class: Wookiee (No VA required)
New starter planet: Kashyyyk with walkways and ground level areas
New Dalies mission planet: Kaskyyyk
New Operation: Kashyyyk
New PVP arena: Kashyyyk
New Stronghold: Kashyyyk tree house and walkways and huts with view across the canopy and below
New Companion: Rakata Warrior guarding the Star Map who doesn't use a weapon
New Enemy: Czerka Slave traders..... Right? Join um (DS) fight um (LS)
Revenue to EAware: Through the tree lined canopy!

After the starter planet they go right to SOR etc.
They can go rogue and follow the Imperial line or stay true to the Republic as bowcaster warrior/healer or use the new Ryyk blade melee and tank/DPS spec. A FRIGGIN WOOKIEE TANK!

Again, no VA. Charles just types the dialog. EZPZ

B1 B2: Bowdar type body B3: Jakarro (w/o the button eyes ) B4... Fat wookiee?

Kashyyyk 7.0
(new level: 80 Coming: 2020)
. <--------just this little red dot

Lhancelot
06.27.2019 , 07:21 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by UmbralSpirit View Post
Not really, if they just added new "advanced" classes they wouldn't have to write new stories.
This is a good point but I am sure many story-folk would take an addition like this as a subtraction to the kind of content they want to see more of, which of course is more written stories.

Personally I agree though, it would be neat if they added new "advanced" classes but with the struggling of balancing and keeping up with the present meta with just the classes they already have had for the last 7+ years, I'd not hold my breath waiting for additional classes to be added in the future.

As for the question, I bet there are many MMOs that never added more classes I just can't think of any that I played that did not, I have only played maybe 5 or so total MMOs over the years.

***I don't think Rift added any new classes off the top of my head... But I have not logged into Rift for years now.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696