Option do disable guild control and stronghold entry message box.

Darth_Furian

I for one do not care at all who controls any planet in the galaxy, and I do not need some huge message box to tell me who the stronghold I just entered belong to ; I entered it of my own free will without being intoxicated so I do know who owns it.

Pretty much anything in the UI can be disabled so why not those?

Thank you.

Edited by Darth_Furian
Typo correction

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, please. When I switch between 18 alts, I'm getting the message a hundred times.

And what if the guild has an offensive or a sick-sounding name? Deadbead Dads or S*ck my ****(true name on Red Eclipse!) or "A Bit Sithy" or whatever? I sure as heck don't want to see that in big lettering.

Edited by Kulyok

I have longed for a way to turn off this achievement/notice window for a long time. Instead they added a system to spam it more frequently.

I keep a row of buttons at the top of my screen, and these things are always fading in ABOVE my active button bars, rendering the buttons below them temporarily inaccessible.

Worse, the badges now frequently get stuck on screen until logging out or CTRL-U x2.

The stronghold owner badge is REALLY annoying. For a week it just would not go away, I finally realised it was because I was logging out inside the stronghold. Whenever I log in, inside a stronghold I now habitually run out to the entry way and back inside, to trigger the damn fade out.

Allow people to move it surely, but it's a prestige item those guilds have earned, it's on your screen for how long?. (NOt saying that for myself because I don't think we'll ever conquer even one).. but they deserve it. even though they're just huge soulless masses of spam-invitees, let them have their label..

Allow people to move it surely, but it's a prestige item those guilds have earned, it's on your screen for how long?. (NOt saying that for myself because I don't think we'll ever conquer even one).. but they deserve it. even though they're just huge soulless masses of spam-invitees, let them have their label..

Sorry, I don't mean to diminish other guilds accomplishments, but I simply DO NOT CARE if they're controlling a planet, just like they don't care how many commendations I have.

They have earned the Right to own a planet, they will never earn the right to own my screen.

They have earned the Right to use Mounts that only conquerors can use on said planet, they will never earn the right to polute my User Interface.

And to be clear the message also appear when NO guild controls a planet, so the damn message is annoying wether a guild control the area or not, so this is not even a question of guild reward or not, it is just a question that Bioware ****ed with the UI too much .... again.

Edited by Kaall

Yes, please, make these message boxes optional.

For a player in a small guild, who will never take part in the conquests, it is of no interest whatsoever. Just an annoyance. And no, I will not switch guilds just to be part of the conquest thingie.

Same thing with the stronghold ownership labels. I know where I am, and where I'm going. 99.9% of the time it's my own stronghold anyway.

I agree. Please make the message part of the UI, something that can be moved or disabled.

Which guild controls a planet isn't something I'm wondering about when I go to a planet. I understand that guilds participating in Conquests need that information, but I don't.

I really don't need to see a message telling me that I'm in my own Stronghold every time I go there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I remember this kind of thing happened over at STO with people who won spacecraft from opening special boxes getting a flashy notice on everyones UI right in the top middle of the screen several times a minute. The forum community raised such a stink over it that the devs there did indeed install several option toggles for the notices. Keep up the pressure or theyll never get it.

• 3 weeks later...
I also am finding them irritating, especially since the last patch when they seem to sit for for ages. It detracts from my personal enjoyment of the game.

This is why I don't like the little pop up. Sometimes they will not go away no matter how far I move, or how long I am logged in.

And Ctrl+U is insanely slow for me since I can hit it twice without any change, and Tue UI still sitting there. Likely a low end computer issue, but still.

Like right now on Taris and the controlled by sign is right in my cutscene, wont leave for nothing except logging out and back in. Stupid guys.

You can type ctrl+U twice to reset your UI, it's faster than relogging. But I agree that's something we shouldn't have to do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, today i was on Tatooine again and then i saw that window pop up again.

The window which told me who currently controlls the planet.

To me it's like, showing who it controlls is 1 thing

but having it stuck on my screen with no way to turn it off is something i don't accept.

Pressing CTRL+U twice is also slow on my end but i should'nt even have to consider using that key combination.

Then again, i doubt BioWare will change it 'coz they don't really give a s...

I've been playing SWTOR ever since the launch of the game.

I've been paying for SWTOR ever since it was launched because i do not like limitations.

When i play something, i want to have full access.

But i feel like i am not being treated like a valued customer.

'coz if they did care about their (paying) customers, they respond more often.

Yes, i know they are busy but its very rare for a BioWare representive to respond.

If they do, then you're lucky. You just need to know how you get their attention.

But to get back on topic and to put it in short:

I would like to see an option that allows me to turn off those pop-ups as well.

'coz its annoying and i never asked for it.

• 3 months later...
I came back to the game and I must say that badge and the similar one in the stonghold about who owns it are very annoying as first they are ugly, second: buggy as sometimes they do not fade off at all and third they have the priority on all the rest of the UI (that's stupid).. that means we're unable to click through the badge so good luck if you have your cargo or bag or whatever window open at the top of the screen because the only way is to move it down. seriously, who thought about that thing didn't think at all in fact and what makes me sad is that this kind of guy has a job while many far more clever people do not have any at all. Edited by Saint-Ange

• 2 weeks later...