Conquest Changes in Fallen Empire

EricMusco

So you're telling me that there will be mass quitting over one conquest issue - just because people will no longer be able to have 5 characters all crafting 24/7 to win conquest, the game will suddenly fall silent.

I think you very much over-estimate first how many people are playing conquest and secondly how many other people don't think this is a more positive over negative change.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely despise SWTOR pvp, no i dont hate pvp, in Warvraft i was on an arena team, and we did arenas one night, regular battlegrounds at least one night a week if not more on top of our 3 days a week raid progression nights.

Again, SWTOR pvp is just god awful. (To me, yes i know some of you live and breath to kill people with lightsabers/as Boba Fett :p but i cant stand the pvp here)

Gsf? Vertigo, pass on puking while playing a game. Only space game i can play is our vanilla on rails Starfoxesqy stuff they havent touched here in years.

Now that i would play for conquest points, (but not those 50+ missions they added in around ROTHC that you need the ship parts they were selling on the CM, gating conquest goals behind necessary and unavailable CM gear is Donald Trump levels of Douchebaggery.)

Just award pointes based off the level of the missions, starting low, and scaling up based off the level/difficulty of the mission.

Might even make cybertechs happy since people might actually want all those parts they can make...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Implying that anyone would quit over this is very extreme, yes.

Implying that anybody thinks this change is a great idea though? You're just completely ignoring all 55 pages of this topic that are before your post. It's firmly agreed upon that a change was necessary (almost nobody disputes that) but this change is a massive overkill and better options could have been found.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

implying that anyone would quit over this is very extreme, yes.

Implying that anybody thinks this change is a great idea though? You're just completely ignoring all 55 pages of this topic that are before your post. It's firmly agreed upon that a change was necessary (almost nobody disputes that) but this change is a massive overkill and better options could have been found.

BINGO! Exactly what I see as well.

Edited by TUXs

BINGO! Exactly what I see as well.

Same here.. Lots of people agree. Craft to win was needing a change. They provided that, but in all reality they provided 2/3 of the solution to the problem. First being removal of MASSIVE crafting to win and second being the decrease in POINTS required.

What they DID NOT do was address how PVE players will be able to compete with PVP players on repeatable items each week. Right now PVP and GSF you can just play like normal and score points. PVE only really had crafting and one or two conquests that locked ACCOUNT WIDE. That is just stupid and should be one of the concessions they make that each character can lock that one time for points. Repeatable PVE for x times of something should exist, but it shouldn't be crafting (in bulk - maybe some minor numbers).

So.....

Going into our THIRD weekend on this thread and still no follow up yellow post.

SAD.. just SAD. Its getting the "Slot machine dead silence treatment" like CE Vendor, Legacy and GSF get when Bioware just doesn't have an answer or want to deal with the problem/question at hand. :mad:

Edited by dscount

So.....

Eric Musco's post seemed pretty clear to me. What do you expect at this point, "Hey, guys, only joking?"

SAD.. just SAD. Its getting the "Slot machine dead silence treatment" like CE Vendor, Legacy and GSF get when Bioware just doesn't have an answer or want to deal with the problem/question at hand. :mad:

The "problem/question at hand" exists only in the minds of certain players. It's up to them how they deal with it (and this thread makes it clear what they are going to do).

nope read all 55 pages

Cheering this as needed, even if later on they decide a lesser change is ok, is absolutely stupid to me.

More damage is done by doing this nerf then leaving it as status quo was doing

Status quo was the lesser of two evils.

And there is posts cheering this nerf saying its over due

I'm not going to argue with them because they have no clue how much time, effort, dedication it took to pull off a 8-10-15 character chain through crafting

I would easily spend 3-5 hours a day just setting up crafting queue's

and when I was running ops/Flash points/what ever I would be simultaneously sending companions out on missions (which is far more distracting then anyone who never done it could understand)

Whats the difference between 8 characters crafting and 8 players pvping non stop for same amount of hours each week?

The points actually come out very similar truth be told.

Only difference is 1 person can not play 8 characters at once in pvp

But still had to level those characters

Still had to raise companion affection for max returns

Still had to buy the HK units (I did the quest 4 times and that was enough of that)

As for people quitting over this

I know a few and doubt we alone in this

So yes, people will be quitting game over this nerf

how much remains to be seen

As for comparison to slot machines, what a crock

Slot machines were a IWIN button

Crafting for Conquest with multiple characters actually required dedication, design, determination, and attention

The two do not remotely compare.

Its a terrible nerf that should never happen.

A reduction of halving it is as far a nerf that should occur to balance it out

but the all out gutting is complete BS

This change will all but gut conquest participation except for the die hard PVPers

And if they were real pvpers of any note, they wouldn't be playing SWTOR PVP to begin with

So once again EA panders to the very lowest of the low!

So.....

Don't forget to the Operation post since July. XD

Eric Musco's post seemed pretty clear to me. What do you expect at this point, "Hey, guys, only joking?"

The "problem/question at hand" exists only in the minds of certain players. It's up to them how they deal with it (and this thread makes it clear what they are going to do).

I'm just going to get game richer on the inflated economy. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Small guilds have been at a huge disadvantage in conquest from the beginning, and this update won't help that. I would agree that crafting was probably too important up to now and was skewing the game economy, but having PvP and GSF be the only repeatable objectives skews it in an entirely different direction.

Suggestions:

1- Track objectives by character instead of by legacy. This allows smaller guilds with lots of alts to compete and removes the penalty for being in multiple guilds (as you have to be to play both factions).

2- Make all objectives repeatable (heroics, kill counts, operations). This allows people to grind whatever content they enjoy most.

3- Make the per character point objectives achievable for those who don't choose to do PvP or GSF. It was difficult to impossible for non-crafters until now. Don't make it impossible for a whole new group.

I say this as someone from a decently large guild that has conquered every planet at least once and has rarely finished out of the top ten since the entire conquest concept launched. We will still be competitive under the new rules, but they will limit the contribution of many of our members.

A bit late replying to this one and no doubt it may have already been brought up in the several pages on it.

However, you do realize by getting rid of this repeatable conquest objective you're basically gutting conquest for smaller guilds again? Which, I thought, was why we wound up with so many repeatable objectives in the first place... to include crafting.

A more sensible approach would be to play with the system so that pre-crafting doesn't count and guild hopping (you must be in a guild for a week before your points count toward the guild's points) doesn't allow people to fudge the boards in their favor. A smart guild saves up their mats a few weeks ahead for those large numbers you're seeing anyway.

Just food for thought.

Heroic Missions are now repeatable weekly!

The Objective “Conquest: War Supplies” is no longer repeatable

Are you serious?

So, with this changes the whole conquest is all about PVP and GSF.

What will stay repeatable:

PVE:

1 GF OP per day

3 GF FPs per day

PVP:

unlimited PVP

unlimited GSF

The top10 per server will just go to the large PVP and GSF guilds.

Smaller guilds or guilds where just a few players do the conquest will never have a chance to conquer a planet.

Have you really thought this through?

Are you serious?

So, with this changes the whole conquest is all about PVP and GSF.

What will stay repeatable:

PVE:

1 GF OP per day

3 GF FPs per day

PVP:

unlimited PVP

unlimited GSF

The top10 per server will just go to the large PVP and GSF guilds.

Smaller guilds or guilds where just a few players do the conquest will never have a chance to conquer a planet.

Have you really thought this through?

I agree with the information covered in the 30th's livestream. I agree with the combat changes blog. I do not, however, agree with the direction they are taking conquest. Conquesting should have many viable options. Guilds should be able to win conquests through crafting if they are dedicated enough. Guilds should be able to win conquests through PvP if they are dedicated enough. Guilds should be able to win conquests through Flashpoints and Operations if they are dedicated enough. Guilds should be able to win conquests through Heroic missions, base guards, world bosses and commanders, if they are dedicated enough. Developers should be focusing on balancing every method for Conquesting, not destroying most methods out of laziness.

This changes will not convince many players to do more GSF or ground PvP. Players are more likely to give up conquesting than start actively participating in a gametype they do not enjoy. There are so many great things in 4.0, but this... this is foolishness. Players should be encouraged to participate in Conquests, and honestly in everything, with positive incentive rather than negative incentive. Make GSF and ground PvP more fun, rather than basing conquests around it and thereby threatening players with conquest failure if they don't PvP in space or on the ground.

PS: It's oddly... refreshing... to know there's something in KotFE I disagree with -- to know that I'm not being brainwashed by Bioware. I'm weird, what can I say. In other news, the sky is blue, and people die. "Any other obvious comments to make, idnewton?" No, none sir. :D

Edited by idnewton

• 3 weeks later...

I do not understand why people pass from one extreme to another.

Initially, conquest crafting is spammable.

In 4.0, Bioware goes to the other extreme, making conquest crafting non-repeatable.

The fair thing to do about conquest crafting, for small and big guilds alike, is for conquest crafting to be non-repeatable PER CHARACTER. The only constant is that a guild has maximum 500 characters (members and alts).

Being able to get conquest points for crafting 1 time per conquest event PER CHARACTER would have leveled the plainfield (it doesn't matter if there is a big guild with many members that use their conquest crafting or a small guild of dedicated players with lots of alts)

I couldn't reach my personal goal on 2 of my alts. My suggestion:

1) increase conquest points for WEEKLY (tactical/HM). Right now it's only 1000, it's too low, considering we need to do 5 FPs now to get reward.

2) crafting per character

3) add Heroics for all conquest planets

I couldn't reach my personal goal on 2 of my alts. My suggestion:

1) increase conquest points for WEEKLY (tactical/HM). Right now it's only 1000, it's too low, considering we need to do 5 FPs now to get reward.

2) crafting per character

3) add Heroics for all conquest planets

Great suggestions. I especially agree that making crafting a one time per legacy is odd and necessarily restrictive.

Edited by CloudCastle

I like that you are changing conquest and how points are awared, but it would be nice if you could get the crafting points on each character instead of only one. Some of use can only game a few days a week and getting conquest points can be a little difficult since you only get crafting points on one character. I personally can only get on Friday thru Monday and don't understand why conquest can be Tuesday thru Monday, and you announce the winners on Tuesday morning after reset. I like playing SWTOR, and will continue playing, but I beleive that if you can give everybody a chance of at least getting the minimum conquest points so as to help people get the crafting material that we can only get thru weekly conquest objectives, and your guild being in the top ten.:)

I'm sorry, but there are more small and mid sized guilds on most servers then there are large guilds. Yet no measures were taken to ensure that these guilds would be able to compete in conquest events and win after 4.0. There must be a way to balance it all out. So they have a chance to win a few too. I, myself, am in a larger guild and I see us stomping all over these little guilds time after time. We have won the same planets more than once and they can't even get one no matter how hard they fight. There is just no fun in beating guilds who never had a chance, and I am sure for the smaller guilds it can't be fun to work so hard and still lose. While I do want my guildies old and new to get the achievements, I would also like to see others be able to get them too. Otherwise conquest is completely pointless. Edited by AriaHimmelberg