Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is balancing PVP so difficult for game developers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box

Jarbarian
12.05.2019 , 07:59 AM | #1
I've noticed in every PVP match, it's the SIth side that is topping DPS. Almost always it's a Sith Juggernaut and Sith Operative.

There are almost NEVER any Republic characters topping DPS. Maybe it's just me. It seems that Juggernauts are nearly unkillable, best defenses and self healing. Top off their CC's/stuns and it's a joke.

They say gear does not matter in PVP but that's a lie. My Shadow in 306 gear does fine against other 306 geared players, slightly worse as I am a Pub player and I do not have all augments.

I walk into a bg in my 272 Gunslinger or operative equiv and I get MURDERED and do very little damage.

Why not use a template where all gear is equalized the second you enter PVP. They won't, because people want the top PVP gear/rewards and feel they've earned an advantage. But more people would PVP if they knew walking into a BG they all had a fair chance.

Toraak
12.05.2019 , 08:04 AM | #2
Imperial/republic doesn't matter. Each class has a Mirror on the other side. Both do the same amount of damage.

If your seeing the highest DPS on imperial side, perhaps it is a skill difference. Maybe more of the skilled players happen to be on there imperial characters at the time frame you play. Just a guess, but I know Gunslingers/Snipers can both do the same DPS, same for Jugg/Guardians so if there is really that much of a difference between imps and republic it's the only thing I can think of.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

xordevoreaux
12.05.2019 , 08:52 AM | #3
Quote:
For this game, PVP entangles PVE. Changes in PVP warps PVE and vice-versa.
There can be no balance in PVP in SWTOR until PVP stat metrics and combat abilities do not affect those of PVE.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

SteveTheCynic
12.05.2019 , 12:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarbarian View Post
I walk into a bg in my 272 Gunslinger or operative equiv and I get MURDERED and do very little damage.
Operative is not the equivalent of Gunslinger.

Operative <=> Scoundrel
Sniper <=> Gunslinger
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.