Server Restarts: Europe

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We need to perform restarts for all servers in the European region to address an issue. We will be bringing the servers down in about 10-15 minutes from the time of my message and the restarts should take 45-60 minutes in total. Again, this only affects servers in Europe.

Thanks everyone. I will let you know when the servers are back online.

-eric

sigh i was hoping to go all night for the remaining 8 hours and get my 14th lvl 70 (agent)... looks like i have to sleep and wait till next double exp to level my last character.

kinda wish u extended double exp by a day considering the server was down all friday prime time

Edited by lynxkiller

GG, Bioware. We lost a whole day on Friday, and now you're shaving off a few of the last few hours of double XP today. You couldn't have done this at the same time as lockout reset?

yeah now i have to decide.. if i go to sleep for 4 hours and risk not waking up.. or try and stay awake for the next 1 hour after already beeing on swtor for 24 hours XD

It makes one wonder, first the Harbinger experienced problems with the servers so much, then Ebon Hawk I believe and now it's starting to affect European servers. One could almost be forgiven for thinking something along the lines of server merges are being prepared... :rak_03: Edited by Ylliarus

A restart very late at night / early Tuesday morning, when most Europeans are sleeping. It's the best time for a restart for sure.

Nonetheless, some people still find reasons to complain, like "Couldn't level my 14th character to 70 anymore." :rolleyes:

To quote Lana: "I don't know what to say."

A restart very late at night / early Tuesday morning, when most Europeans are sleeping. It's the best time for a restart for sure.

Nonetheless, some people still find reasons to complain, like "Couldn't level my 14th character to 70 anymore." :rolleyes:

To quote Lana: "I don't know what to say."

Agreed, I wouldn't even have known something was going on as I was sleeping.:rak_03:

But I guess it's annoying for those who are late night gamers. I was one once back in my WoW days.:p

Agreed, I wouldn't even have known something was going on as I was sleeping.:rak_03:

But I guess it's annoying for those who are late night gamers. I was one once back in my WoW days.:p

For some of us, it's in the middle of "prime-time" (early before the world starts pestering about all those RL considerations). That said...I don't play on the EU servers much. Most of my characters are on a US server (long story as to why given that I'm in the EU). The next time we have a 2x XP event, I'm going to fix that and start a new legacy "locally".

For some of us, it's in the middle of "prime-time" (early before the world starts pestering about all those RL considerations). That said...I don't play on the EU servers much. Most of my characters are on a US server (long story as to why given that I'm in the EU). The next time we have a 2x XP event, I'm going to fix that and start a new legacy "locally".

True, I get there are those who have certain working shifts that allow them to be awake during the night or whatever.:p

But it's like you said, "some of us" and you can't please everyone! So I don't think k complaints are that fair when something happens at such an odd time. I wish it was like that more often, rather than the maintenance we usually have on EU. Which starts around lunch time for most.

True, I get there are those who have certain working shifts that allow them to be awake during the night or whatever.:p

But it's like you said, "some of us" and you can't please everyone! So I don't think k complaints are that fair when something happens at such an odd time. I wish it was like that more often, rather than the maintenance we usually have on EU. Which starts around lunch time for most.

Agreed!

However if that's the only time someone can play it's pretty annoying. But you're right, there's no way to satisfy everyone unless they could figure out a way to do all the patching/updating on running servers. :)

Hey folks,

We need to perform restarts for all servers in the European region to address an issue. We will be bringing the servers down in about 10-15 minutes from the time of my message and the restarts should take 45-60 minutes in total. Again, this only affects servers in Europe.

Thanks everyone. I will let you know when the servers are back online.

-eric

What was the issue?

Did some European players manage to find a way to have fun?

All The Best