Stack armor

Vetril

Before I go and blow my credits to check it out, I was thinking, has anyone tried stacking defense as a marauder, to get more damage reduction?

I do realize that a lot of the abilities used in PvP bypass it, but some of the most spammed ones, like the pebbles, or lightning, or half of the melee strikes, are in fact subject to armor.

If you consider that we already have cloak of pain which can be used to boost the mitigation already, that *could* help us to reach up to 50%? Maybe 60%? Making you harder to kill and able to operate under heavy fire for longer.

Browsing torhad I did see some item mods that do raise surge and defense, so I guess it could be possible to stack according to diminishing returns and substantially raise defense, while keeping a quite decent amount of the usual crit/surge we have.

Defense is not armor. Defense is the chance to dodge/parry, which tech/force attacks bypass.

There it goes. So you have no way to raise mitigation with gear (apart from using heavy armor, which we can't), correct? In that case, it's better to stick to offense :D

Edited by Vetril

There it goes. So you have no way to raise mitigation with gear (apart from using heavy armor, which we can't), correct? In that case, it's better to stick to offense :D

Right, unless they did something bizarre like give you multiple same rating same class armors with different armor value (pretty sure they didn't).

Not worth it. You can't up your armor anyway. The only thing you can stack is defense, and that won't get you anywhere, as you have no reasonable reactive abilities or anything and you will lose a lot of damage in the process. Edited by Korevas

Defense is not armor. Defense is the chance to dodge/parry, which tech/force attacks bypass.

So happy everyone is a mage in this game! the whole tech thing is pretty stupid, nothing wrong with a few abilities not being able to be dodged or parried but when all the main damage happens like that it just screws with so much it seems

So happy everyone is a mage in this game! the whole tech thing is pretty stupid, nothing wrong with a few abilities not being able to be dodged or parried but when all the main damage happens like that it just screws with so much it seems

Well armor still works on just about everything at least.