Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Punish PPL leaving WZ - FAIL idea.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Punish PPL leaving WZ - FAIL idea.

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 02:59 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by venjinze View Post
Op, stop queueing.

*Sighs*

I'm not referring to ME! Does anyone actually read what I wrote or just the title and spouts the first obtuse thing that comes into their head?

thanealpha
02.13.2012 , 02:59 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRFC View Post
Rare for YOU ...

I've been stuck in spawn 3 times TODAY ... that's 45 minutes I'd be penalised. If that happened everyday = 5 hours 15 minutes a week which is more than what many people play in total ... which in turn = buh bye, SWTOR I'm nearly R61 Valor now and that's from purely WZing.

Hundreds of the same broken WZs over and over again ... a month to go before they throw in another broken WZ ... sure, punish those who wish to stick it out and play. Nice idea
And how many times were you queued to an already started warzone?
And how many times were you in a warzone where half your team quits...or even worse 2 quit and the replacements quit and those replacements quit and those replacements quit?

In my experience, it's VASLTY more common for those two examples to occur than getting DC'd or in some other way bugged. EASILY 10:1.

VoidJustice
02.13.2012 , 03:01 PM | #43
AFKing

- I'd much rather somebody leave and have the opportunity to have someone take their place than people just not leaving and AFKing instead. That's a guarenteed man down and I've been in matches where 2-3 have been AFKing. If we punish people for leaving then there will be far more AFKers than ever before and it will turn into a complete joke.
This alone is a good enough point to have some kind of restraint brought to bear on the BAN THEM FOR QUITTING noobz.

Good Points OP ... I fear the overreactions coming from BW over all the tears and arm chair QB'ing.

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 03:04 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by thanealpha View Post
I'm a real human being.

The 15 other people queuing to play warzones are REAL HUMAN BEINGS.

I am agreeing to play a 15 minute game when I accept that queue pop. If I rage logged at the earliest sign of defeat I'd be not honoring that agreement to play for 15 TEENY MINUTES.

This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with incentives, gameplay or ANY of that nonsense.

It's just about simple common decency.

Don't be a quitter and mess up the other 15 players experience.
Don't be a quitter and mess up the other player who gets added to an already started game.

You can argue game mechanics and terms all day, but it's lousy behaviour and shouldn't be tolerated.
If you encourage people to PLAY rather than merely to STAY then this would solve a lot of the issues.

And again, I keep getting stuck in spawn - happened 3 times today, if happens everyday that's 5 hours 15 mins a week because BW can't fix their game. TEEENY??

maradigamer
02.13.2012 , 03:07 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by tamielx View Post
well, people will always find a way. 1- if you add a punishment for leaving they will start to afk. 2- if you add a punishment for afking they will just start mindless pvp just for frags.
You're a bit behind. A large percentage of the games pre-50 are all about mindless medal farming. And if I feel like joining in, I do. But if I came in to win and don't particularly feel like playing team death match, a fifteen minute lockout can't force me to.

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 03:10 PM | #46
And how many times were you queued to an already started warzone?
And how many times were you in a warzone where half your team quits...or even worse 2 quit and the replacements quit and those replacements quit and those replacements quit?

In my experience, it's VASLTY more common for those two examples to occur than getting DC'd or in some other way bugged. EASILY 10:1.

But it doesn't bother me as much as thinking that I could be penalised for NOT quitting and the game being glitchy. There's no reason FOR me to care beyond the frustration of beating a PB for Damage or something because I've done it all in the PvP Warzones now. I've thrown the winning pass w/ seconds to go, taken a turret from the enemy when they've had 5 players sat on Mid but facing the other way.

These things are just personal memories and they're the only reward which is fine by me. But if I started getting punished through no fault of my own ... ? I've got better things to do that wait on the Imperial Fleet everytime this happens for 15 mins.

This game is really struggling at the moment to keep people interested in the PvP side of things. They punish people it'll drive off the quitters, sure ... but also a lot the people who still play properly.

Reward people to PLAY not to STAY.

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 03:14 PM | #47
I'm a real human being.

It's just about simple common decency.

Don't be a quitter and mess up the other 15 players experience.
Don't be a quitter and mess up the other player who gets added to an already started game.

You can argue game mechanics and terms all day, but it's lousy behaviour and shouldn't be tolerated.

Firstly ... common decency applies in a perfect world. Which one are you living in? And especially from a gaming community ... really??

I'm not advocating quitting, but if you heftily remove the rewards for merely STAYING and make them about PLAYING then this would encourage more people to stay.

I may do another thread on ideas for this, actually.

EternalFinality
02.13.2012 , 03:17 PM | #48

If you encourage people to PLAY rather than merely to STAY then this would solve a lot of the issues.

And again, I keep getting stuck in spawn - happened 3 times today, if happens everyday that's 5 hours 15 mins a week because BW can't fix their game. TEEENY??
If you afk after they implement deserter I will report you too. Hopefully you'll get what's coming to you.

Quote:
Firstly ... common decency applies in a perfect world. Which one are you living in? And especially from a gaming community ... really??
So you admit you aren't a decent person. A start, I suppose. But what a pathetic excuse.

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 03:17 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by VoidJustice View Post
This alone is a good enough point to have some kind of restraint brought to bear on the BAN THEM FOR QUITTING noobz.

Good Points OP ... I fear the overreactions coming from BW over all the tears and arm chair QB'ing.

I know, right?

There are SO many whiney threads here. Instead of people wanting to improve the whole game it's just about 'this is my personal uber subjective experience which must be taken seriously and effect everyone else! Nerf this, Buff that, Punish that guy!' Loool.

I think this game is going to die off pretty soon, especially when it starts getting competition from BWs. This game will just be a casual fest then and living on borrowed time.

venjinze
02.13.2012 , 03:21 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Yazule View Post
if you take out all the people quing for their daily you would be alone (or close to it)

pvp in games was better before the carrot was on the stick... now it is the expectation...

but if i get in a group with idiots, i leave, i don't pay to play a game i do not enjoy, if that upsets you *shrug* guess i really don't care
lots of people queue well after thier daily is completed, including myself. I dont' pve so warzones and ilum are really all I play the game for, this goes for the 20+ other people on my friends list, your statement is false.

I agree /w that people for some reason need incentive to play games these days, I played counter-strike for quite awhile, I enjoyed the competitve aspect of the game, there was no benefit to winning other than perhaps some bragging privileges. If you lose, you perhaps took the opportunity to learn and moved on.

gear is ridiculously easy to get in this game, people clearly haven't played EQ / SWG / Aion or the like, I guess WoW (post vanilla) has created these expectations and its truly ruining the genre.
I'm a beast.