Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Punish PPL leaving WZ - FAIL idea.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Punish PPL leaving WZ - FAIL idea.

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 02:34 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Philar View Post
Make the daily require Warzone completions (completion being defined as any warzone in which the player has not left the warzone prior to the end and was in the warzone for at least 50% of the length).

Up the number from 3 to 5-6 and you have your solution to both the wins not counting problem and the people dropping problem.

Not a bad idea, actually.

Drasill
02.13.2012 , 02:34 PM | #32
No punishments for quitting. If people are running around the warzone naked or afking I want to quit. If my entire team is guarding the right door in Voidstar while I'm the only one guarding the left door and the entire opposing team attacks me and plants the bomb 20 sec into the match I want to quit. If six people are sitting at one node in Alderran while two others are trying to capture another node I want to quit. If my team isn't passing in Hutball or continually runs the wrong way I want to quit. I only have a limited amount of time to play during the week so I don't want to waste my time. If they want to add punishments for leaving then they should also add a vote training system where at the end of the match you can vote to have people do some kind of mandatory training on how to play the WZ before they can queue again.
⁞ị⁞ị⁞ị⁞ị⁞ị⁞▓▒▒ʭlll▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Foenixz
02.13.2012 , 02:34 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by EternalFinality View Post
No punishment for people who leave WZ - FAIL idea.
ONly because you can quit when you get scored on?

No there needs to be some sort of punishment for leaving your teamates and being selfish.

The OP makes some good points though.
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 02:35 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Drasill View Post
No punishments for quitting. If people are running around the warzone naked or afking I want to quit. If my entire team is guarding the right door in Voidstar while I'm the only one guarding the left door and the entire opposing team attacks me and plants the bomb 20 sec into the match I want to quit. If six people are sitting at one node in Alderran while two others are trying to capture another node I want to quit. If my team isn't passing in Hutball or continually runs the wrong way I want to quit. I only have a limited amount of time to play during the week so I don't want to waste my time. If they want to add punishments for leaving then they should also add a vote training system where at the end of the match you can vote to have people do some kind of mandatory training on how to play the WZ before they can queue again.

If only

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 02:39 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Foenixz View Post
ONly because you can quit when you get scored on?

No there needs to be some sort of punishment for leaving your teamates and being selfish.

The OP makes some good points though.

The best solution would be to reward people for PLAYING, not just being there.

E.g.

You score in Huttball? Have 200 Valor.

You capture a point in Alderaan? Have some Valor!

You put Guard on the ball carrier and protected them from HOW MUCH damage? ...

You get the point

Punishing will drive even people who don't quit away, whereas rewarding people will provide much better dividends and even if you're losing then it's worthwhile to stay and play.

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 02:43 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by EternalFinality View Post
Has happened to me once over perhaps the last 50 warzones. I leaped, fell through the world, got stuck underground even after respawning. Had to quit out.

So yes. Rare.

Rare for YOU ...

I've been stuck in spawn 3 times TODAY ... that's 45 minutes I'd be penalised. If that happened everyday = 5 hours 15 minutes a week which is more than what many people play in total ... which in turn = buh bye, SWTOR I'm nearly R61 Valor now and that's from purely WZing.

Hundreds of the same broken WZs over and over again ... a month to go before they throw in another broken WZ ... sure, punish those who wish to stick it out and play. Nice idea

venjinze
02.13.2012 , 02:53 PM | #37
If you can't handle losing you shouldn't be queueing. If you leave warzones 1 minute into the game because the other team scored, you shouldn't be queueing. If you dont enjoy competitive PvP, you should definitely not be queueing. If you can't lose w/ dignity, you should not be queueing. You should be sitting in fleet with a 30 min deserter buff.

I am valor 65, I have never left a wz, regardless of the odds. If people on my team are severly undergeared I play. I try to lead, if we lose, we lose. If your sole purpose is to do your daily in as little time as possible, guess what? You shouldn't be queueing. You aren't there to PvP, you're there to have a premade or the like carry you.

This is why I am in Ilum solo, or with a small group. Because I enjoy PvP, competitive PvP. I don't want things handed to me. I want to earn them.

Op, stop queueing.
I'm a beast.

Bamajawn
02.13.2012 , 02:55 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRFC View Post
The best solution would be to reward people for PLAYING, not just being there.

E.g.

You score in Huttball? Have 200 Valor.

You capture a point in Alderaan? Have some Valor!

You put Guard on the ball carrier and protected them from HOW MUCH damage? ...

You get the point

Punishing will drive even people who don't quit away, whereas rewarding people will provide much better dividends and even if you're losing then it's worthwhile to stay and play.
/agree. I've played the game, read the posts, and consider this to be the best strategy for alleviating these issues.
Brotherhood of Chaos, Shadow Hand server

thanealpha
02.13.2012 , 02:56 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRFC View Post
But for most this has no comparison to RL. Even in gaming terms, they haven't given the team any incentives to W/L because they just don't record them. Ranked matches are coming soon which will help the problem, but until then I could say 'I win every match I play' or when I could be quitting all the time.

Better stats would be a vast improvement, and rewarding people for their individual contributions to playing the objective - healing the ball-carrier, scoring, etc.
I'm a real human being.

The 15 other people queuing to play warzones are REAL HUMAN BEINGS.

I am agreeing to play a 15 minute game when I accept that queue pop. If I rage logged at the earliest sign of defeat I'd be not honoring that agreement to play for 15 TEENY MINUTES.

This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with incentives, gameplay or ANY of that nonsense.

It's just about simple common decency.

Don't be a quitter and mess up the other 15 players experience.
Don't be a quitter and mess up the other player who gets added to an already started game.

You can argue game mechanics and terms all day, but it's lousy behaviour and shouldn't be tolerated.

Yazule
02.13.2012 , 02:57 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by venjinze View Post
If you can't handle losing you shouldn't be queueing. If you leave warzones 1 minute into the game because the other team scored, you shouldn't be queueing. If you dont enjoy competitive PvP, you should definitely not be queueing. If you can't lose w/ dignity, you should not be queueing. You should be sitting in fleet with a 30 min deserter buff.

I am valor 65, I have never left a wz, regardless of the odds. If people on my team are severly undergeared I play. I try to lead, if we lose, we lose. If your sole purpose is to do your daily in as little time as possible, guess what? You shouldn't be queueing. You aren't there to PvP, you're there to have a premade or the like carry you.

This is why I am in Ilum solo, or with a small group. Because I enjoy PvP, competitive PvP. I don't want things handed to me. I want to earn them.

Op, stop queueing.
if you take out all the people quing for their daily you would be alone (or close to it)

pvp in games was better before the carrot was on the stick... now it is the expectation...

but if i get in a group with idiots, i leave, i don't pay to play a game i do not enjoy, if that upsets you *shrug* guess i really don't care
Remember this: Noobs have the most fun, they gain joy from things you disdain. They find value in that you find worthless. At the end of the day they have more fun per hour than any elitist I have ever known.