Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Punish PPL leaving WZ - FAIL idea.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Punish PPL leaving WZ - FAIL idea.

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 02:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by thanealpha View Post
OP: Your list looks like an excuse for quitters.

Sorry, there's NO excuse.

When you queue, you agree to participate for 15 minutes with 15 other players. That's really not so much to ask for.

And if you quit like that every time in RL when you were losing NO ONE in real life would ever play games with you EVER.

Why is the expectation so lousy on-line?

But for most this has no comparison to RL. Even in gaming terms, they haven't given the team any incentives to W/L because they just don't record them. Ranked matches are coming soon which will help the problem, but until then I could say 'I win every match I play' or when I could be quitting all the time.

Better stats would be a vast improvement, and rewarding people for their individual contributions to playing the objective - healing the ball-carrier, scoring, etc.

Zaodon
02.13.2012 , 02:18 PM | #12
Its a fail idea because the SWTOR client is !@#$%^ and crashes out to desktop fairly often (it also has memory leaks), and that's not their fault.

Its a fail idea because people's internet/ISP can drop, and that's not their fault.

Its a fail idea because the warzones themselves are buggy as hell, and that's not their fault.

If the game was designed so there was no way to possibly leave a warzone EXCEPT for clicking the "Exit Warzone" button, then you can start punishing players for quitting. Until then, you can't.

p.s. I can exploit that too, just Alt-F4 rather than click the button. Voila! No debuff.
p.p.s. If you detect alt-f4 and apply debuff, I can exploit that too, just alt-tab, Task Manager, Kill Process for swtor.

tamielx
02.13.2012 , 02:18 PM | #13
well, people will always find a way. 1- if you add a punishment for leaving they will start to afk. 2- if you add a punishment for afking they will just start mindless pvp just for frags.

EternalFinality
02.13.2012 , 02:18 PM | #14
Quote:
TOR isn't like other 'wow clones', though
Yes. Yes it is.

Vodrin
02.13.2012 , 02:19 PM | #15
The only legit thing he said is that it would suck to D/C and be stuck with a deserter debuff. I had a D/C just this weekend.

Age of conan implemented something like this and it was very frustrating because bugs made it so that you could get the coward's shame debuff while still in a mini-game, or you could get it randomly after it finished, or you could have a random D/C and be stuck with it.

I'm fine with adding the debuff, just make sure it only applies when you actually quit a wz.

Of course if you only get hit with it when you D/C, that probably only affects the average player twice a week, so that is not too bad.

Darth_Philar
02.13.2012 , 02:19 PM | #16
Make the daily require Warzone completions (completion being defined as any warzone in which the player has not left the warzone prior to the end and was in the warzone for at least 50% of the length).

Up the number from 3 to 5-6 and you have your solution to both the wins not counting problem and the people dropping problem.
Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

undiess
02.13.2012 , 02:20 PM | #17
D/C is a different issue in this game. As you could still rejoin the Mini-games in AoC if you reconnected after a D/C, if i'm not mistaken.

This game should give you a small window to get back into the game. At least some chance. I hate getting disconnected and knowing that all my hard work in the WZ was for nothing.

As for punishing people for leaving, I highly agree with punishing people that purposely leave the WZ. Add he debuff as a 30 min debuff to the account itself. Please do afk instead. I'd enjoy spending my time pulling you into the fire for afking.

blackadda
02.13.2012 , 02:21 PM | #18
Get rid of the leecehers who score 0,0,0,0,0 is a bigger priority. "Report AFKer" is needed. 15 second timed dialogue popup, randomly placed on the screen to fool botters, no response.. "kick"

Some disincentive to quit would also be nice... maybe the daily/weekly should be changed to "COMPLETE 6 Warzones" instead of "Win 3"

Ive literaly watched a player chain quit/rejoin untill they managed to pop on the "winning" side... of course them chain quittitng meant the "winners" had another 2 mins of 5v7before we finally got 8 players vs 8 players and they had a 4 goal advantage...

the game ended a 4/4 tie...and we held the ball at the end...so quitters dont always prosper

TBH i think a 5 minute timeout for leaving a warzone would suffice.
"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles"

-Sun Tzu

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 02:21 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jargonaut View Post
15 min debuff = good idea.

So that means I've got to wait 15 minutes because the spawn wouldn't let me leave or kicked me from the game?

When there are still THIS many glitches in the game it's an awful idea because even people like me who want to play a lot wouldn't stick around if I was being punished for BW's programming errors.

Many games when I haven't been able to leave spawn have been when we've been winning also so it's doubly frustrating.

Also, if I get thrown into a match and my team is down by 4 goals and we've still got 8-10 minutes to go then why SHOULD I stay? I didn't contribute to the losing effort but unless I stay and get farmed then I have to wait an extra 15 mins?

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 02:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EternalFinality View Post
Yes. Yes it is.

Not especially. Those had a pretty 'hardcore' following. Most people on this game are time-filling until the next COD.