Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Punish PPL leaving WZ - FAIL idea.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Punish PPL leaving WZ - FAIL idea.

Vydor_HC
02.14.2012 , 12:39 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRFC View Post
...just rewarding people for playing rather than punishing them for not staying.
Yup, that's what they should focus on.

"And we don't need the ladies crying cuz the story's sad."

Aethyrprime
02.14.2012 , 12:44 PM | #132
Glad to see there's more and more threads dealing with what my thread did in different ways. Bioware needs to be aware of the issue. Players in general are leaving because progression and RL time restraints dictate it. Bad players are complaining that good players keep leaving their team when they get spotted and then adversely get steam rolled by a superior team when replacements come in. They in turn demand a welfare system which says AFKers get equal progression as active participants and everyone must stay a full 15m once the button has pushed any attempt to free your character from this in game jail will result in a temporary ban. Way to lose customers.

Make quests based on personal performance in a team setting using goals and objectives as the key +1 factors and then you'll see the problem of leavers correct itself without any penalty almost over night if not exactly over night. Then after some bugs get fixed such as the speeder bug, being counted down against before loading and getting deserter before you have a chance to leave (not something I have an issue with but I've seen others complain about it), the force push bug, and crashing reconnecting you to the same game.. after allll that kinda stuff is fixed and the incentives adjusted for the quests.. then we can talk penalty and I'd probably support it.

Rodaen
02.14.2012 , 12:44 PM | #133
I can name an imp player on juyo that I see in a lot of WZ's and he always bails at the first sign defeat. Always. Other team scores 1st, he drops. Other team caps 2 turrets, he drops. Other team plants the bomb successfully, he drops. That's the reason I support penalizing quitters.

I never bail. If nothing else I stay for the coms/valor. I have had the game freeze up and the occasional disconnects forcing me out. But I'll happily live with the debuffs if it means quitters get penalized.
"Reality doesn't care if you believe it."
~ Boba Fett

Calitri
02.14.2012 , 12:56 PM | #134
When BW fixes crap like the random kick to character selection I had this morning during a ball match, sure 15 minutes is reasonable. It was actually kinda funny because when I qued back up, I ended up on the other team. But ya till stuff like that gets fixed, it will end up punishing people because of bugs. And seeing as how there seems to be a rampant amount of afkers going by the forums, i'm not really sure what it would really accomplish. There's a few things that need to be addressed before they even think of adding a deserter debuff.