Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Punish PPL leaving WZ - FAIL idea.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Punish PPL leaving WZ - FAIL idea.

EternalFinality
02.13.2012 , 02:26 PM | #21
Quote:
So that means I've got to wait 15 minutes because the spawn wouldn't let me leave or kicked me from the game?
Yes, that is what it means. In the rare case you or I get a bug like that, we'd get deserter.

Suck it up.

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 02:26 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EternalFinality View Post
No punishment for people who leave WZ - FAIL idea.

Great contribution

Zaodon
02.13.2012 , 02:27 PM | #23
Yes, that is what it means. In the rare case you or I get a bug like that, we'd get deserter.

Suck it up.
Rare ?!?!

What game are YOU playing?

Calista_ZK
02.13.2012 , 02:28 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRFC View Post
IMO, I'm fine playing if I enter and the team is 1 or 2 down in Huttball or we're not that far behind in Alderaan, etc.

If you punish people for leaving they'll just AFK the rest of the match where you could have me come in and try or them who block new players entering.
Casual does not mean NO expectations from players.

Everyone was a fresh 50 at some point, and BW has mad it easier to not get crushed, thankfully, by veteran 50s.

Even a fresh 50 however should be able to live up to the following:

- don't AFK- if RL happens, leave the WZ so someone else can enter. If leaving penalties are instituted, then a 15 minute penalty for someone in this case has no downside.

- please don't wear level 40 quest greens (no one should be that poor), even a casual can buy blue, hey even one orange would be better .

- follow the team on the map, i.e. follow the plan

If you can do the above, a casual player should do reasonably well. Saying someone is casual isn't an excuse and shouldn't mean that they cannot learn or work within a wz.

tamielx
02.13.2012 , 02:28 PM | #25

Suck it up.
when half of your team leave/afk- suck it up

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 02:28 PM | #26

Suck it up.

I get that stuff happening often. I also try and play w/ friends as much as possible so supposing I get kicked near the end of the match and they want to play the NEXT match w/ me then they have to wait as well?

'Well why can't they just go and play by themselves until you get back?'

What if some have other commitments and need to leave soon? So potentially it means I can't play through no fault of my own AND I'm missing out on playing w/ my friends/ they may have to wait also if they choose?

Libertine
02.13.2012 , 02:29 PM | #27
only spoiled brats are fine with no deserter penalty

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 02:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by tamielx View Post
when half of your team leave/afk- suck it up

LOL. This.

It's such a smaller punishment having that happen (which from my experience is fairly rare-ish) than being punished when you DON'T quit and want to play.

TheRFC
02.13.2012 , 02:33 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
only spoiled brats are fine with no deserter penalty

Obviously.

I really don't think you read a word of what I said, did you?

EternalFinality
02.13.2012 , 02:33 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
Rare ?!?!

What game are YOU playing?
Has happened to me once over perhaps the last 50 warzones. I leaped, fell through the world, got stuck underground even after respawning. Had to quit out.

So yes. Rare.