Favorite species in Star Wars-universe

Rebamcfan

Thought I would ask this question since its always nice to what others think :)

What are your favorite species in Star Wars and in SWTOR? Humans are largest and most adaptable by far, but with them the universe would be bland, all the different species in SW enrich its universe with their own behaviour and moral codes, view on life etc. Here are mine:

1) The Chiss. I just love the Chiss culture, from their bit xenophobic superior attitude towards others to their unique naming policy, the Csilla and Chiss Ascendancy, and of course the Ruling Houses, Household Phalanx, and theeir effort to keep the Empire on Hoth and act as their allies during the Cold War and Galactic War. GRand Admiral Thrawn made me look the Chiss in high value and after I played Imperial Agent's class story as Chiss, I became interested in them and their culture in general.

2) Togruta. Their colourful skin and montrals are stunning, as well as their general view on life: How they want to feel the nature on its fullest, by walking withou shoes and being with friends and family, as well as the village/society where they belong.

3) Cathar. Their code of honor, language, society and history are interesting. Big cats who you can caress all you want in RP (:3). Sadly, you don't see many Cathar RPers in SWTOR, they would really bring a unique view roleplaying in general as well to the character itself.

These are my top three :) I do like Mirialans, Twi'leks and Purebloods, but I don't fidn them as interesting as the aforementioned species.

I choose Sith species.

I like the idea with the red skin and the origin of it.

its funny that my agent is a Sith Specie and others saying that he doesn't understand anything about the sith specie while he is one

Now that ya can'treally see how he now as a white skin cause of the darkness but yeah:rak_03:

Rattataki. They're a tough species in general, though you rarely see them at all. My main is a Rattataki inquisitor and she looks awesome with the tattoos, scars, and jewelry options they give you. Running her around tossing lightning at enemies is a blast. :D Edited by Venn_Dras

For me, my top favorite are the Sith Purebloods. I like their look (though the character creator REALLY needs more skin jewelry options), and I'm very interested in their culture, particularly how they were before the Jedi Exiles showed up. I even broke down and bought a copy of the Book of the Sith. So much of what we're shown about them is after the influence of the Jedi Exiles who pretty much were just a flip-flop of the Jedi Order for the most part and it's been established that they did a doozy of a physical and mental warping of the Sith species that I can't help but be curious as to how they were like before this. Not to mention for as much as the Jedi Order prizes knowledge, they really don't differentiate between Sith: The Species and Sith: The Order.

They were obviously strong enough to fight off the Rakata in their prime, had a functioning martial based socio-culture, and by the time of the movies, they're believed extinct. From what we've seen shown in comics and all, they seem like a cross between Dynastic Egypt and the Aztec Empire. As much as I know it'd likely never happen, but I would love to see an expansion that really delves into who the Sith were before Jedi influence happened.

Rattataki. They're a tough species in general, though you rarely see them at all. My main is a Rattataki inquisitor and she looks awesome with the tattoos, scars, and jewelry options they give you. Running her around tossing lightning at enemies is a blast. :D

Whoo, yeah! Dark V BT1 Female Rattataki Lightning Sorc FTW! (With *ALL* the face metal, no less...)

My favourite species,

1. Chiss: I love their design, I love their story and lore. Just all round awesome.

2. Miraluka: I've loved the lore and story behind them ever since KOTOR 2.

3. Cathar: Again I love their design and story. I much prefer them over the Caitians from Star Trek.

I have a really hard time picking between those three for top spot, on any day they might jump around but they'll still be my top 3.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Hands down my favorite is the Togruta closely followed by the Zabrak with the Kaleesh in a not so distant third. I immensely love the designs of the characters, their cultures, unique attributes, and more for all three species and honestly would love to see more stories surrounding them.

1.Sith due to their dark side mastery and phylosophies regarding life and personal growth,they're a really interesting bunch to me.

2.Chiss due to their calculating and precise nature,most chiss I've read about or encountered in SWTOR were very astute individuals capable of outhinking some of their fellow soldiers.Their culture also seems to focus on those aspects and the planet of Csillia would make quite a interesting sight to see.

• 2 weeks later...

In the SW universe?

In alphabetical order:

• Duros
  • Humans
  • Kaminoans
  • Rodians

There might be another race or two that could qualify as a favorite, but I feel confident in putting those on my favorites list.

In the game? Mostly humans and cyborgs (which, as we all know, are just humans with mechanical bits).

I have unlocked every race on my main server, but since I have come back I have pretty much decided to re-run five classes from the start and I doubt that I will roll anything other than humans or cyborgs. Maybe I'll change my mind as I go, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If I do roll something else it will almost certainly be either a Twi'lek or a Zabrak (Republic side appearance).

Sith, Chiss and Zabrak. I think Cyborg could be more developed as a species as well. <my bh and my rt are rp'd as twin sisters, separated during events preceding the main storyline>.

In the EU, I was fascinated by the whole Admiral Thrawn storyline.

I hath hatred for Hutts.

I enjoyed hearing how the dashade you recruit has an extraordinary knowledge of Hutt anatomy and I really wish he could demonstrate it on a certain hutt.... :-)

Two favorites - one is not in SWTOR; the other is, but not as a playable race.

Falleen -- An interesting culture and an interesting race. They would make a unique edition to the game because of their reptomammalian physiology, unique perception of the galaxy, and occasional ties to the criminal underworld. Their ability to alter the color of their skin would grant many options for appearance during character generation.

Example: Prince Xizor from Shadows of the Empire

Weequay -- This is strictly a personal favorite of mine. I like their appearance and social structure & quirks. I also like the fact that they are as comfortable as Jedi (when Force sensitive) as they are in the roles of bodyguards and bounty hunters.

Edited by Khadzur
Added information

1. Sith Purebloods - They are absolutely amazing and beautiful. :D

2. Devaronians - Space demons/devils. How cool is that!

3. Cathars - They are cats, that's enough for me. :)

4. Chiss - They don't look so special, but they are sympathetic and interesting.

Sith, Chiss and Zabrak. I think Cyborg could be more developed as a species as well. <my bh and my rt are rp'd as twin sisters, separated during events preceding the main storyline>.

In the EU, I was fascinated by the whole Admiral Thrawn storyline.

I hath hatred for Hutts.

I enjoyed hearing how the dashade you recruit has an extraordinary knowledge of Hutt anatomy and I really wish he could demonstrate it on a certain hutt.... :-)

Cyborgs are developed as a species.

They're human. With the other species (at least Twi'lek) being cyborgs, but NPC only.

They really should have left Cyborgs to all species and have the cybernetics be additional items to place on characters.