Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

vrgadin
04.19.2012 , 01:54 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Samcuu View Post
i'm too lazy and stupid and don't have enough patience to sit around and look up math equations based upon a video game. So can you please explain to me why an ability like demolition round now crits for over 5k when before 1.2 it at the most was hitting for a 3k crit. I'm talking about on an under-geared player. On a geared player it was critting for 2k to 2.5. From what I read in your other posts that doesn't seem like a 1% increase. I'm not a mathematician but those numbers don't quite seem accurate to me. Mind explaining? It's the same thing with back blast, I play a scoundel I could hit a 3k crit at the most. Now i'm doing around 4k....
i think u quoted the wrong person......i wasnt the guy with the numbers. i will agree it seems we are all a bit crunchier but i have just adjusted and it seems normal now, so i dunno just adapt and youll forget what it used to be like.

"most games fail these days because they are theme parks. tps have no depth. you play through the story and you are done. though swg had no quests strangely enough in 2-3 years i never had nothing to do. sandboxes are real mmos. "

MrXen
04.19.2012 , 01:54 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Samcuu View Post
i'm too lazy and stupid and don't have enough patience to sit around and look up math equations based upon a video game. So can you please explain to me why an ability like demolition round now crits for over 5k when before 1.2 it at the most was hitting for a 3k crit. I'm talking about on an under-geared player. On a geared player it was critting for 2k to 2.5. From what I read in your other posts that doesn't seem like a 1% increase. I'm not a mathematician but those numbers don't quite seem accurate to me. Mind explaining? It's the same thing with back blast, I play a scoundel I could hit a 3k crit at the most. Now i'm doing around 4k....
I found your problem, turns out its not the time to kill...

vrgadin
04.19.2012 , 01:57 AM | #73
also look at the brightside, your doing more dmg now...........

"most games fail these days because they are theme parks. tps have no depth. you play through the story and you are done. though swg had no quests strangely enough in 2-3 years i never had nothing to do. sandboxes are real mmos. "

MrXen
04.19.2012 , 01:58 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by vrgadin View Post
also look at the brightside, your doing more dmg now...........
Yeah dude, he got a 1.76% buff like a boss, he is going to PWN those scrubs

Chaqa
04.19.2012 , 01:59 AM | #75
I already stopped, gear progression is ruined, rewards system is in the toilet. Time to level an alt and see how this pans out and make a decision.

MrXen
04.19.2012 , 02:00 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqa View Post
I already stopped, gear progression is ruined, rewards system is in the toilet. Time to level an alt and see how this pans out and make a decision.
I'll agree with that, rewards are bleh now. PvP is the same as ever though.

JediKalel
04.19.2012 , 02:06 AM | #77
The PVP seems to be imbalanced at the very least... too much focus on killing and not enough on strategy, objective games should be about objectives, not as much mindless killing that disables the objectives *cough* huttball *cough*... half the time the ball carrier gets fileted in about 0.2 seconds and thats with a healer following them

Samcuu
04.19.2012 , 02:12 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by MrXen View Post
I found your problem, turns out its not the time to kill...
Reading comprehension is your friend...use it

now being realistic, you obviously have a differing opinion from the majority of the people on here. Thank you for the stats and giving us a different viewpoint we appreciate your tireless breakdown of statistics from the video game. So would you like to continue being a stuck up **** who think's he's god's gift to the internet or have a discussion with me about a game we both obviously like and would like to see survive....??

Atredes
04.19.2012 , 02:30 AM | #79
Are you guys running on centurion/champion/pre-1.2 moded BM gear? I'm a full BM geared guardian (valor 70) and my survivability hasn't changed while jumping from 1.1.5 to 1.2.

The DR's on expertise changed, and I can tell which enemies have no clue about it and run on PvE gear or generally gear with little expertise on it, since they die real fast. On the other hand, stacking at least 1k expertise grands similar survivability as before.
Ask not what the Republic can do for you, ask what you can do for the Republic.
Greek SWTOR community @ http://www.swtor.gr

Cataphractone
04.19.2012 , 02:34 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by MrXen View Post
1.76% is not causing "TTK" issues. L2P issues are causing TTK issues.

If you want to say that a 6000 damage crit (rare) turning into a 6000 *1.0176 = 6105 damage crit is causing you to die in half the time as before and argue that everyone's gameplay is ruined, then I'm done teaching children and arguing with lesser people.

The only people "seeing gameplay quality issues" are people who planned to whine about 1.2 previously (no not a conspiracy theory); these are just the type of people who volunteer for a hiking trip and spend the whole time complaining about hiking.

I provided unbiased facts provided by in-game data that anyone anywhere can test themselves, what have you done?
Every PvPer on my server disagrees with you, including myself.

Who am I going to think is right?

My experience in a Huttball today with a group of my friends vs a group of the best pvpers on republic is evidence enough. No one scored because if you had the ball you died in seconds. We both had healers who are good players. Didn't even matter. You died in seconds. Unless you were a marauder of course.

You provided evidence that it is only a 1% increase. If that were truly correct, the game wouldn't feel 100% faster to nearly every I PvP with. Perhaps the numbers are just wrong. I know on all my characters that had ranged weapons my listed damage on the character sheet was 8000-9000 instead of 800-900. It was a bug in the UI showing something I knew wasn't true.

Also, your 1% is only true if everyone is in the same gear. WIth the increased expertise on Battlemaster gear, but Champion and Centurion were left the same, the gear gap is even bigger. The DR on expertise was lowered to, so that when you have more, the benefit doesn't go down as fast.

Having 500 expertise before the patch was good enough. Now someone in full BM will have over 1000.

Regardless if it is only 1%, most pvpers I know personally feel the game isn't as fun as it was before 1.2.
Cata-phract: Jedi Shadow
Cataphract: Operative
Catafett: Powertech