Keith: Ossus is Nice, But There Are Way Too Many Bugs (Companions and Otherwise)

arunav

Obviously we as subscribers don't know what type of budget constraints your team is under, or why patch quality in terms of significant bugs has deteriorated very noticeably in 5.x, especially for the past year or so.

Some of us, though very much looking forward to Ossus, were apprehensive of the 5.10 update dropping at this time of year, before the Christmas holidays when fixes aren't generally possible.

Please take a look into some of the really bad bugs affecting companions, mission sharing (it's not just Ossus missions affected), and others being documented here and on Reddit and try and get them fixed before the holidays.

For example, one I've read about is Jaesa can be recruited back in the story, but her influence is reset to 1 and can't even be raised via gifts. Currently, I have her on my Jugg and Mara from the companion terminal at influence 50 on 2 characters. I'd like to take these characters into the Ossus story and play the new content and dailies, but don't want to risk my companion roster getting messed up, especially losing level 50 companions that are essential for crafting.

Other significant bugs include folks who have completed the entire story through the Nathema FP, but are reporting their choices aren't recognized when starting the Ossus storyline. In other words, companions that have been recruited are showing up as killed, and other major decisions are being overridden by whatever erroneous process is occurring. I thankfully didn't personally experience this on my two mains, but others have.

The Ossus WB quest isn't being acknowledged as finished, even after multiple attempts, though achievements are granted for defeating the bosses. This affects the ability to gear into 252 (either 252 mainhand or offhand is granted for this quest, and 1 MWS is rewarded as part of the weekly version of the quest).

We know you and the BW team work hard on SWTOR, and many assume EA doesn't give you the proper funds so these types of bugs don't happen so frequently. However, when they do, please try and get at least the most substantial problems catalogued and fixed.

I'd especially like to emphasize that hopefully the major problems with 5.10, some examples included above, can be patched before the holidays, so we can enjoy the update as was intended.

Lastly, the art team did a really nice job with Ossus. It's probably not supposed to look pretty, given the planet's history, but still often does anyway. The Jedi temple especially is really well done and is a unique contribution to all the different environments in SWTOR.

Edited by arunav