Seemingly large increase in 'Ninjas'

Darth_Exar

Ive been around since early access and every now and again I would see loot being 'Ninja'd' from players or myself, and yes I would object most of the time, however sometimes I would be a kind person and just brush it off (especially if it was blue gear).Now Swtor has gone F2P, I am astounded how much gear I have been seeing Needed by other players who can't even use the drops; Im talking like a 'Ninja' in every group I get into via group finder (dont give me an ear full that I should play with people I know). There a four types who get under my skin:

1) People who just need everything for the hell of it. (Even green gear)

2) People who say they need it for their companion. (That really really irratates me)

3) People with no mental knowledge of stats. (This I can understand at lower levels such as BT or Esseles, but they dont seem to drop this habbit as they level up)

4) People who end up being the group leader and change the loot rights at the last minute.

I dont usually get this fustrated by other players and I can tolerate a certain amount of it, but this is happeneing every single time I enter a flashpoint ! I dont know if Im just being unlucky or what. I noticed it more at lower levels such as Hammer Station and Athiss; I think I have a total of 14 items being looted from me. In the past I was polite and asked that they trade it with the 'rightful' owner of the loot (thank you Bioware for implementing that), but this only seems to work 2% of the time. Now I just kick them. I knew this kind of thing would happen when it went F2P but I thought the restrictions put in by Bioware would limit it.....

Apparently not...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Wrong term

- Discuss loot rules before hand

- Stop caring about crappy drops

The term 'Ninja' can apply to loot stealers or whatever you want to call them.

Yes because discussing the loot terms will most likely stop them wether they are leader or not.

This post is not me caring about the loot as I said I usually brush it off if the item is blue, but stating the large increase of them.

As for the guild runs I can understand, however I dont have a guild at the moment.

Edited by Darth_Exar

This is why I don't PUG as a rule.

This is also why many people can't find good groups to run group content with. An LFG tool doesn't cure people of their self-centered ways.

Even when I do offer my help, if the person I'm with starts needing everything, I just say "Have fun all alone in this game." quit group, and put them on ignore.

They like to hide behind the game, and use it as a excuse to act in ways not usually allowed as the social norm.

The really sad thing is, its not the other players they're ripping off by being so greedy, they're really hurting themselves, because no one will group with them. Sure, they may find some new suckers to let them tag along on a group mission or two, but all that accomplishes is introducing themselves for /ignore to new players on their server.

I've seen people in other games, on their server, asking in general chat if their chat is broken, because they get no responses from people, because most of the server has them added to ignore list.

Even more sad, they are completely blind to themselves, justifying their treatment of others. "Its only a game!" they cry.

Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble, but you're still dealing with real people. Just because there's a game between you and other players, doesn't make them any less real.

Act like a jerk, expect to get ignored back. Make-believe or not, you really shouldn't be suprised when people get angry at you for being a triple AAA-hole.

You ninja-looters are only setting yourselves up for a very lonely MMO experience. Enjoy.

The term 'Ninja' can apply to loot stealers or whatever you want to call them.

Yes because discussing the loot terms will most likely stop them wether they a leader or not.

This post is not me caring about the loot as I said I usually brush it off if the item is blue, but stating the large increase of them.

As for the guild runs I can understand, however I dont have a guild at the moment.

You PUG, you take your chances. At least in this MMO there are valid reasons to roll on everything -----> Companions. Don't like it... don't PUG.. problem solved. Really... problem solved.

Edited by Andryah

You PUG, you take your chances. At least in this MMO there are valid reasons to roll on everything -----> Companions. Don't like it... don't PUG.. problem solved. Really... problem solved.

Sad as it is, it have to agree here. I've had a mix of great looters and greedy effers. One group was a pair of f2p that just rolled need on everything. Granted it was all low level junk, even from bosses, but the healer legitimately needed some of it. They couldn't trade it because they were f2p even after they agreed to when we called them on it. So they spent the rest of the flashpoint getting zero heals from either myself (was spot healing since our "tank" didn't know what a taunt was) or from the proper healer on her sage. They died a lot. We cross healed and finished the flashpoint. They want to be greedy bastards, I figured they could pay for the right in repairs.

now it seems MMO WIN.com has come to town to spam the **** out of General Chat. :mad::(:mad::(:mad:

Heh, yeah... but only in Fleet as far as I can tell. I'm sure they will get squashed... but seriously... they can have fleet if they really want it. :p

Edited by Andryah

All I was saying was there seems to be an increase in 'Ninjas' or whatever you class them as. There is no need for such a rash comment.If I had the option not the use the...PUG, I wouldnt, but I dont know very many people in game. To roll for companions is very selfish if an actual player needs the item.

Edited by Darth_Exar

All I was saying was there seems to be an increase in 'Ninjas' or whatever you class them as. There is no need for such a rash comment.If I had the option not the use the...PUG, I wouldnt, but I dont know very many people in game. To roll for companions is very selfish if an actual player needs the item.

Being as companions are integral to game play and play balance unless you are in a forced group encounter.... I disagree. It's not like loot is crazy hard to get in this game.

Join a good guild.. play with people you trust and know will agree to and honor loot agreements within a group.

And Ninja is the wrong word. Nobody is ninjaing anything from anybody in a PUG. PUG looting should be free for all in most MMOs and most especially in this MMO IMO.

Edited by Andryah

And Ninja is the wrong word. Nobody is ninjaing anything from anybody in a PUG. PUG looting should be free for all in most MMOs and most especially in this MMO IMO.

I disagree here. If you're in a group with 2 troopers, a guardian and a sage all under level 13, and light armor drops, the trooper and guardian who roll need on it are being ninja looters. Troopers don't have light armor companions and the guardian won't have theirs for another few levels. I agree that loot should generally be free rolled, but they shouldn't be taking it form a players that can use it in the here and now. Perhaps the term "ninja" doesn't apply if they don't "vanish" by dropping group, but the fact remains, they're stealing loot from a player for the sole purpose of selling it or simply out of spite. By ignorance or greed is a whole other topic, but the fact that f2p players can't trade within flashpoints only compounds the problem (or f2p players have been lying the whole time. Never tried trading with one).

Edited by althene

There are instances of ninja looting that i have problems with, as far as greens and blues, i see no point in needing at all unless it is truly an upgrade from another green or blue item. Companions are however an integral part of the game, while it is irritating, most people will roll need for their companions. I for one will never roll need on companion gear over an upgrade for someone, but i do accept that some people do. I will also roll need on a piece of gear that i already have to pull the mods out to replace into a piece that needs upgrading. This is acceptable to me as well as it is still an upgrade.

Yes companions are an integral piece of the game.

That said, you can't bring your companions to anywhere you would actually need them having instance gear. When people roll need for companions, I just put them on ignore so GF won't again place me with people who are either that inconsiderate or that unintelligent.

Being as companions are integral to game play and play balance unless you are in a forced group encounter.... I disagree. It's not like loot is crazy hard to get in this game.

Join a good guild.. play with people you trust and know will agree to and honor loot agreements within a group.

I can understand what your saying however the majority of PUG groups that I see still follow the class roll system (cant think of a better term for it) and loot is still priority to the people who have the stats to use it. For lower levels I guess thinking about it now I can sort of agree that the system can be altered because the drop rate is high but it doesnt change the fact that people still have the idea of the class roll priority. If we are talking about Ops or even HM gear I dont agree with it, unless everyone has said its alright to need for it.

Edited by Darth_Exar

I'll ninja loot from chests if I'm Dark Side and it's part of my character's M.O., I used to care, but now I don't. It's all good. Dark Side is Dark, Light Side is Light. Good times.

The REAL loot ninjas that need to be squashed are the speedhackers that are on in the middle of the night on Belsavis with a level 11 toon warping around scooping chests.

Personally I blame the increase on the load of people we are getting who are running from Pandaland. In that game this kind of loot ninja has been rampant almost since the dungeon finder went in there. Now they are bailing on that game and infecting many others. :(

This is blatant hyperbole and conjecture and has no real relevance to the topic. Quite a large number of players in swtor played WoW at one point or another and those were the players that petitioned for the lfg system in the first place. And at launch, lfg had already been in WoW for quite a while. Even before lfg, PUGs had a reputation for loot shinanigans. Doesn't matter where or what game the player came from.

Speaking of Pandaland, does anyone else here smell a troll?

This is blatant hyperbole and conjecture and has no real relevance to the topic. Quite a large number of players in swtor played WoW at one point or another and those were the players that petitioned for the lfg system in the first place. And at launch, lfg had already been in WoW for quite a while. Even before lfg, PUGs had a reputation for loot shinanigans. Doesn't matter where or what game the player came from.

Speaking of Pandaland, does anyone else here smell a troll?

Actualy given the conversations I have seen in trade chat and general chat in that game over the last week (as I close out my account time there) it is literal truth they are coming here and doing it deliberately for the same reason they did it there. Because they can and because they can then laugh about it in said trade chat.

THIS is not the only game other than WoW that I have seen the increase in lately either.

Not trolling at all it is my honest opinion. SO sorry you don't agree. That is your prerogative.

Edited by MiraniSedai

BW just need to refine the roll system so you can only roll need on gear you can use and is made for your class (Jugg can roll on heavy str gear, but not on med/light or heavy aim gear etc).

Then they need to add a companion roll option between need and greed.

Once those happen (should have been done in beta), the loot system will be 1000x better.

Edited by Sivn