KOTOR 1 vs KOTOR 2

BrandonSM

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I preferred KOTOR 1. It had a lot less glitches.

You can blame that on Lucas Arts rushing the release of KotOR II to be in time for one of the prequels. The restored content version is so much better its almost laughable.

That said, KotOR II is better, in my opinion. Better story, better game play, better characters.

Kotor II

Great story, and fun bugs.

- Being able to hold my saber backwords due to a bug made me laugh. And then the bug on Korriabn that unleashed an infinate amount of those lizard-like beasts that can farm XP like mad. I became pretty much 1-shot attack after that bug each time... :cool:

Edited by Eillack

Kotor II

Great story, and fun bugs.

- Being able to hold my saber backwords due to a bug made me laugh. And then the bug on Korriabn that unleashed an infinate amount of those lizard-like beasts that can farm XP like mad. I became pretty much 1-shot attack after that bug each time... :cool:

yeah that korrabin bug was funny made my original xbox doe and made the weirdest noise

Not a fair fight.

KOTOR1 was complete. KOTOR2 wasn't. KOTOR 1 was better then KOTOR 2, before the restoration patch. After KOTOR 2 is applied with the restoration patch, its much better then KOTOR 1.

Except the sexy underwear...KOTOR1 beats KOTOR 2 there <_<

I loved KoTOR - it was a classic; well written, compelling and captivating. It had a point and the storytelling was superb. You couldn't stop playing because of the "I wonder what's gonna happen next" feeling. That is what makes any story a success.

KoTOR II had great gameplay and game system improvements - it made playing the game between the story elements much more fun. Also, the higher level classes made you feel really powerful and kinda cool.

Overall though, the story was lackluster and the things they asked you to swallow were often unbelievable - it quickly lost its Star Wars feel along the way. It just wasn't a meaningful or deep story anymore. As a follow-up to the original it had the disappointment factor working against it. It was good, it just never hit that great level of taking the most game of the year awards ever and in some ways it let the fans down, even though it was a good game.

Unfortunately, I couldn't stomach the poor storytelling more than one and a half playthroughs. It could have been titled "Delusions of the Dark Side" and that's what it felt like - not a real story in the Star Wars universe but a dream (or nightmare) induced by the dark side of the force. It just wasn't compelling.

KotOR II was superior in every way to me, now with the restored content patch 1.8 it isn't even a contest, 1.7 by itself was amazing, now after about half an hour of playing 1.8 this game is finally complete, and KotOR doesn't even come close.

I think I logged more game time into KOTOR II than any other game in my life. I can't wait to revisit it with the new patch. Aesthetically, I think KOTOR I was the better game. But KOTOR II felt much more immersive to me. I was finding hidden dialogue choices a year and a half down the road. The path of KOTOR I frequently felt rather constrained.

KOTOR 1.

1. Better storyline and hidden twists at the end.

2. Better characters overall. Basilla, Revan, Canderous Ordo, HK-45, mission etc.

3. KOTOR 2 had no finish product and had too short ending. Really no ending at all.

4. Revan is way better than Exile. Exile was cool but more of a follower than a leader. Kreia had Exile under her thumb most of the game.

5. Why does the female leads have the worst love interests. The love interest of Exile was as annoying as Carth and dumber.

Overall KOTOR 1.

But KOTOR 2 had its great things too.

1. Awesome villians.

2. Better graphics.

3. Higher levels and force powers available.

But no real reward at the end but still fun to play.

Both games are my favorite star wars games. My third favorite is Jedi Academy.

KOTOR 1.

1. Better storyline and hidden twists at the end.

2. Better characters overall. Basilla, Revan, Canderous Ordo, HK-45, mission etc.

3. KOTOR 2 had no finish product and had too short ending. Really no ending at all.

4. Revan is way better than Exile. Exile was cool but more of a follower than a leader. Kreia had Exile under her thumb most of the game.

5. Why does the female leads have the worst love interests. The love interest of Exile was as annoying as Carth and dumber.

Overall KOTOR 1.

But KOTOR 2 had its great things too.

1. Awesome villians.

2. Better graphics.

3. Higher levels and force powers available.

But no real reward at the end but still fun to play.

Both games are my favorite star wars games. My third favorite is Jedi Academy.

KOTOR 2 had a way better storlyine and characters than Kotor 1.... KOTOR 1 was just finished. But now, thats changed.

Both are good. Second is way better. I even liked the ending.

Sometimes things are better left for another time. I was very interested in what became of the Exile for many years, and that kept me thinking about Star Wars.

Edited by EnsignSorrow

Basically this is how I think of it:

KotOR 1 - better gameplay, more cheerful, great story

KotOR 2 TSL - better more complex story, dark (much stress on the "dark" and "complex" part. I love that.)

How I think of it, I only think TSL is better because I had the Restored Content Mod. TSL storyline was so great and dark. Just what I love in anything Star Wars.

Kotor 1 is my favourite game ever and I prefer it, but Kotor 2 is a vastly underrated game as are Obsidian as a games company. Given the terrible time frame they were given to make Kotor 2 by LucasArts it's an amazing game and one of the best games ever made IMO. Kotor 1 just beats it though, only just. Both top class games. Amazing.

However, I am yet to play Kotor 2 with the Restored Content Patch, I plan on playing it soon and by what people are saying about the patch, it may surpass the original Kotor for me.

Edited by Dirtnose

However, I am yet to play Kotor 2 with the Restored Content Patch, I plan on playing it soon and by what people are saying about the patch, it may surpass the original Kotor for me.

Plot points fixed, the ending is ten times better, a huge amount of side quests that weren't put in, which allows you to hit max level without having to go and bug cheat in the tomb of Ludo Kressh, a massive amount of dialogue is restored, Mical's final conversation is fixed, a few Jedi that don't exist in the release game are restored, the companions have a lot more to do, Atris is fixed, Kreia is fixed and the mandalorians are fixed as well.

Gotta go with KOTOR1, it was 1st and had such a great "HOLY $#IT!" moment when you found out who Revan was.

The Exile seemed less interesting to me and having to listen to Treya double talk her nonsense was annoying and poorly written...."oh no, dont do the right think because it'll lead to the wrong thing".....shut up old woman.

Gotta go with KOTOR1, it was 1st and had such a great "HOLY $#IT!" moment when you found out who Revan was.

The Exile seemed less interesting to me and having to listen to Treya double talk her nonsense was annoying and poorly written...."oh no, dont do the right think because it'll lead to the wrong thing".....shut up old woman.

Kreia was essentially Chris Avellone giving a big middle finger to George Lucas' binary, rather childish, "Good is good, and evil is evil," implementation of the universe. KotOR II is basically one big deconstruction of every Star Wars trope out there, which is why it's so good.