Oh joy. J.J.Abrams ruined lightsabers.

Sindariel

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm indifferent about the sound. Take this game, there are quite a few sabers here that don't sound like the traditional LS sound (Kallig's saber for the inqus for instance is a very different sound from the "usual" lightsaber sound, much more throaty and deeper) So hopefully it's just that Sith's personal touch on his blade rather than the new norm.

Don't really care for the look myself, but to each their own.

Edited by Ridickilis

The flame I think is great, symbolizes raw power and raw energy

"An elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

I'm just gonna hope that there's a good explanation for the effect, along the lines of, "this guy doesn't really know what he's doing, that's why it looks primitive," as opposed to the director thinking it "looks neat".

"An elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

I'm just gonna hope that there's a good explanation for the effect, along the lines of, "this guy doesn't really know what he's doing, that's why it looks primitive," as opposed to the director thinking it "looks neat".

In the eyes of the Jedi. To the Sith, an instrument of powaahhh.

Cross guard... Yeah with everyone getting their hands cut off and all that might not be a bad idea.;)

Cross guard... Yeah with everyone getting their hands cut off and all that might not be a bad idea.;)

Sure, make a crossguard out of cortosis or something, but put mini-beams on it too? Seems like it would defeat the purpose.

This is the best example of the kind of attitude that leads to the destruction of IPs.

Something new happens and the reaction of certain individuals seems to always be "OH NO YOU RUINED IT FOR ME".

It's sad that in this day and age people have so much trouble understanding that anything that doesn't evolve and adapt, dies. It's even sadder that people would rather never watch anything new SW-related or have everything new be a dull repetition of the old and familiar SW lore, on the off chance something they had in their head a certain way somehow changes.

This is the reaction of someone who just watched a 1.5min teaser....

:confused:

Does anyone believe anymore that even if JJ Abrams created the best movie of all time, certain people wouldn't react the same way the OP just did?

Edited by TheNahash

This is the best example of the kind of attitude that leads to the destruction of IPs.

Something new happens and the reaction of certain individuals seems to always be "OH NO YOU RUINED IT FOR ME".

It's sad that in this day and age people have so much trouble understanding that anything that doesn't evolve and adapt, dies. It's even sadder that people would rather never watch anything new SW-related or have everything new be a dull repetition of the old and familiar SW lore, on the off chance something they had in their head a certain way somehow changes.

This is the reaction of someone who just watched a 1.5min teaser....

:confused:

Does anyone believe anymore that even if JJ Abrams created the best movie of all time, certain people wouldn't react the same way the OP just did?

I see this in STO too. If it's not exactly like the galaxy or constitution style of ship.... It's terrible. You should have seen the QQ for the new Intel ship designs.

Meh when Episode 1 2 and 3 were announced I watched people rage the it would ruin the SW movies before them and that they were going to boycott the movies and never see them...then 2 days after release I saw the very same people on forums again talking about the movie they just saw lol.

I am a wait and see person, not making any judgments until the movie is released.

Without an explanation, there is only speculation. We have been shown lightsabers beams to look a certain way, and through 6 movies and however many video games they have looked that certain way. Now we have this. It's only natural to be a little shocked after 37 years.

Edited by Herem

Without an explanation, there is only speculation. We have been shown lightsabers beams to look a certain way, and through 6 movies and however many video games they have looked that certain way. Now we have this. It's only natural to be a little shocked after 37 years.

Not really.

Unless I'm mistaken, the double-bladed lightsaber didn't appear in the original trilogy. That's not the way lightsabers traditionally look so I don't see how this change is any different.

And just because something is done the same way for 37 years, doesn't mean it's not a good idea to change it. In fact, that's all the more reason to do so.

actually the saber's apperance is NOT without prescedance.

from wookiepedia:

Compressed synth-crystals were a result of a failure to accurately replicate the natural geological process that formed crystals. The result was a crystal that was far more compressed than natural crystals, causing the blade generated to be considerably thinner than standard blades. However, a byproduct of this thinner blade was that it allowed for greater precision and control.[3] In addition to a thinner blade, the other visual indicators for a blade generated by a compressed synth-crystal were oscillations of energy that rapidly ran along the length of the blade at regular intervals

sounds like a close description of the saber we saw.

Maybe you can stop complaining and overanalyzing and wait until either more trailers or the movie comes out to see why it's like that.

I actually think it looks really, really evil and insane. Like he's a very powerful Sith. Cmon guys...I think Sith are a little more skilled as to not cut their hands off ;)