Very hard strike from WildStar.

helpmewin

The Mass exodus of PVPrs has began over pve gear being better then pvp gear in wildstar looks like people are quitting wildstar already. A bunch of QQ post today

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/77341-mass-exodus-of-pvprs-the-swtor-effect/

This made me pee my pants from laughter.

I then ****** in my pants out of pure unmitigated satisfaction.

lol @ djcerta

If swtor is dead, at least it lived for a few years. How long was WildStar around, two weeks? GG NT WildStar.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reality is that neither SWTOR or WS is dead, and neither has particular edge over the other. Wildstar is just enjoying the post-launch rush that will cool down once people realize whats what. To suggest otherwise suggests you were born yesterday and have never observed MMOs entire lifespans. This has all happened before. Many times.

ps. I just realized something wildstar does better. Their forums dont have the 10-letters minimum for posting.

Edited by Karkais

Responseto that, there :

Translation: Self-important ego-rubbers demand insta-changes to a emergent issues in a complex game after rushing to cap two weeks after launch.

Give it time.

SOOO TRUE !!!!!!!! LOL ! :D

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Reality is that neither SWTOR or WS is dead, and neither has particular edge over the other. Wildstar is just enjoying the post-launch rush that will cool down once people realize whats what. To suggest otherwise suggests you were born yesterday and have never observed MMOs entire lifespans. This has all happened before. Many times.

ps. I just realized something wildstar does better. Their forums dont have the 10-letters minimum for posting.

Reality is that pvp in SWTOR is dead and WS is not. PvP player base in SWTOR is dead

Simple. You dont care about pvp ? fine but i do.

Edited by Xsartho

Reality is that pvp in SWTOR is dead and WS is not. PvP player base in SWTOR is dead

Simple. You dont care about pvp ? fine but i do.

pvp in swtor is not really too good, but I am a pvper, and me and many of my guildies are still here and are still pvpers, and we are still active and alive in warzones on The Bastion. Not all of the pvp playerbase is dead, plus new players still come all the time and they try out warzones, some like them, I have seen this myself. A few months ago I got recruited a guildy who had never pvped before, he was unsure if he would like them, but me and a couple of guys convinced him to try it out, and since then warzones were a lot of what he did. The pvp playerbase, while not getting catered at all anymore, I can safely say it is not dead, though many of them do not go on the forums there are still some here who will keep playing til the end.

Edited by Sangrar

Well in swtor i am noticing a influx of pvp players returning from wildstar.......

thats because when one game is held up as the messiah of mmo's that is perfect in every way, shape and form and flashes a bunch of features and stuff, people are drawn to it. But then when they try it out, realize that like every game its not perfect and not without bugs ( in particular in a sense of irony from what I hear they got a bug similar to our pvp bolster bugs, that went on since beta and they did not fix by launch!) some go back to where they came from, others stay because they went in with more realistic expectations, and stay and play more than one game at a time because contrary to popular belief you can actually play more than one mmo at a time.

Well in swtor i am noticing a influx of pvp players returning from wildstar.......

Yeah sure thats why i wait over 1h for ranked wz and still no go, maybe "influx of pvp players" forgot where is queue button

thats because when one game is held up as the messiah of mmo's that is perfect in every way, shape and form and flashes a bunch of features and stuff, people are drawn to it. But then when they try it out, realize that....
...it's a cartoonish kids game?

Wildstar is goofy and child looking to me...absolutely unappealing, no matter how good any aspect of it might be. Reminds me of Rayman or Toon Town.

:rolleyes:

You defenders blindly praise SWTOR for being the messiah of all MMOs. Meanwhile Wildstar has been running CIRCLES around SWTOR since release. SWTOR has been hurting since launch badly and you guys know it. Your blind love for this game just makes you all ignorant of the facts and reality.

But be fair...SWTOR isn't hurting because of Wildstar...Wildstar is a terrible looking game imo...SWTOR is hurting because they hurt themselves! Bioware's management seems completely out of touch with what they need to be focusing on.

Yeah sure thats why i wait over 1h for ranked wz and still no go, maybe "influx of pvp players" forgot where is queue button

No, that's because ranked has always been dead because arenas suck. Always have, always will. The only people willing to deal with them are those who are looking to gear up, those going for seasonal rewards, and those rare few who actually enjoy them.

But be fair...SWTOR isn't hurting because of Wildstar...Wildstar is a terrible looking game imo...SWTOR is hurting because they hurt themselves! Bioware's management seems completely out of touch with what they need to be focusing on.

To be fair Tuxxy, it's not only Wildstar. It's also ESO, GW2, Titanfall, etc. No matter HOW many left, it STILL took players. Numbers at this point don't matter anyways since this game has been losing players since the beginning, but even though now that the loss is slow, the recent MMOs and other hyped up games took players.

We all know that EAware is another reason, but IMO that's for a totally different discussion. ;)

I also have to say Wildstar was the nail in the coffin for SWTOR PvP. I've heard from Pistols and other forum members that even Harbinger ranked doesn't even pop all that much anymore after Wildstar. Push your dislike of Wildstar and see. I know you've shared your critical viewpoints of it but Wildstar is a game that CATERS to MMO'ers. SWTOR does not as its focus is on leveling, alting, and story, and NOT endgame.

To be fair Tuxxy, it's not only Wildstar. It's also ESO, GW2, Titanfall, etc. No matter HOW many left, it STILL took players. Numbers at this point don't matter anyways since this game has been losing players since the beginning, but even though now that the loss is slow, the recent MMOs and other hyped up games took players.

We all know that EAware is another reason, but IMO that's for a totally different discussion. ;)

I also have to say Wildstar was the nail in the coffin for SWTOR PvP. I've heard from Pistols and other forum members that even Harbinger ranked doesn't even pop all that much anymore after Wildstar. Push your dislike of Wildstar and see. I know you've shared your critical viewpoints of it but Wildstar is a game that CATERS to MMO'ers. SWTOR does not as its focus is on leveling, alting, and story, and NOT endgame.

Well to be be even more fair if those games had half the problems swtor has most of those guys would be back on swtor already.

There are some issues that are so bad I've never seen them before in a game. Population so low you can't even get queue pops and ranked without cross server? These are serious issues that don't exist in other places because they designed properly

• 3 weeks later...
in the forums,wildstar pvp is broken. wildstar server population is decreasing. i watched the wildstar's server statuses change from high to medium and medium to low at my prime time. my chowder head nephew wanted me to play with him. ok. he is family. ok i bought wildstar. my nephew is a no-show and quiet a week and counting.. i start to play wildstar for 15 minutes and my pc overheat alerts pop up. my pc is 1.5 years old. i tried upgrading drivers and lowering wildstar's video settings. either it didn't fix the overheating or the lower video settings made so shaky and fuzzy to play. i stopped. i didn't get passed the starting area. i am done Edited by DarkJediMage

Wildstar's pvp is a mess. Two classes dominate everything, and it's gotten to the point where you will have nothing but those two classes on every team. SWTOR's pvp balance is damn near perfect by comparison.

Not to mention LAS games are boring and stale to begin with.

Wildstar's pvp is a mess. Two classes dominate everything, and it's gotten to the point where you will have nothing but those two classes on every team. SWTOR's pvp balance is damn near perfect by comparison.

Not to mention LAS games are boring and stale to begin with.

Yeah after seeing Warriors and Spellsingers in action, I surprisingly don't think SWTOR class balance is that bad.

they have some serious issue over at wildstar, especially since pvp and especially the better is tied to ranking. Meaning that only when you above a ranking threshold you can buy the better pvp gear. Unlike swtor gear means quite a lot there. So you get people win trading to get their rankings boosted, they get the gear (to do that they farm non ranked) and then tank their rating down, to have easy wins or boost friends up. So basically competitive pvp end up being non competitive.

When you are leveling through pvp, you will rage a lot because a lot your team mates a literally brain dead.... they are bots.

With only 8 abilities to be actively used, and so much AoE flying around, you can usually only have like 2-3 dps abilities on the bar the rest is for cc breakers, escapes, cc or heals. This has the consequence that game is pretty spammy (you spam like one or two abilities most of the time).

The game has more CC than SWTOR, but at some point everybody tends to spec into tons of Interrupt armor... making CC useless again. So it is pure derp fest, with no so much strategy being involved.

I gave it a bit more than one month, and tried to get warm with it. I have not completely given up, but seriously needed a break.

Wildstar is more then just a new MMO it's actually great and takes some of the best MMOs combines them along with their own ideas added in so it is the real deal and it being sub based means a steady flow of cash monthly meaning a steady flow of expansions as well and assures you that the MMO itself is first and only focus unlike with some f2p business models that puts the focus on their cash shops first then the MMO. Just wanna add in that you can play wildstar without subscribing and buying CREDDS with in game credits even though it sub based. Also carbine has MMO experience and it shows especially with them having something like 16 months of per made new content for Wildstar before it even launched to ensure that it has new content and expansions for over a whole year after the MMO launches something more MMOs need to have.

Hey I love swtor itself don't get me wrong but wildstar is the real deal and is great that's the truth. The biggest thing swtor really has over wildstar is that its about starwars something that is established and already has a fan base.

Edited by dragonez

What to do next? Friend list is empty, ques are longer, PvP is almost dead. Streams watchers 10 ppls max - wildstar thousands. This is tells something. How many time players are asked for improvements(engine, OwPvP, cross-sever e.t.c.). Devs mb you are doing something wrong? If me - i don't whant to add a sub time. Dead is dead.

Give it another two months. A lot of people on your friendlist will probably be back by then. While others stay gone, either because they like Wildstar better or have found some other interest to pursue.

The ********** in this thread to crap on Wildstar is amazing. Most of the people who left the game, are gone. Just accept it. If one thing has been proven, is that this game has horrible player retention, and the devs are not really addressing it via game features, but hats.