Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage Changes Brainstorming

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mega_Fallos
01.31.2014 , 03:25 AM | #211
He called me "2 master strikes" xD
scoundrel Nonono Pleasestop
sentinel Theatre'tragedy
Badhidharmablow sage, Trax-trax marauder,
Knives'Carnival operative TOFN

AdmiralTran
02.01.2014 , 02:37 AM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Macetheace View Post
i was never happy about Force Barrier, I felt it was the weakest of the new abilities, and it added the least to the spec. Don't get me wrong, it is handy to have to use, but it's incomplete which can border on annoying and it didn't even have a dps component like saber reflect does, and no effrot was made to give it one, it could at elast heal you up and dmage anyone who attacks it or rather emit a damaging aoe pulse that does aoe damge, allowing and ensuring everyone give you some room. or on ending, it explodes out forward doing a huge amount of dmage.

I prefer the second. it might be abit too much to be completely immune while doing damage, so best to do more dmaage but at the end, so at elast you again have some spae, if the barirer explodes doing a knock back it suits the sage better. TK and balance should at least have this, they shoudl both explode doing a lot of dmage, Bal. specs will have 25% of your health heaed preventing execute abiliteis from working on collapse, whiles teh Seer tree could heal you for a little more

Recap: To make Force Barrier more effective and suitable
Force Barrier:
  • Base: heals you for 25% of your maximum health: otherwise uncahnged
  • TK: Explodes doing a large amount of damage and knocking back enemies 10 or 15 m
  • Balance: Collapses sapping energy of enemies doing x damage over 8 s and slowing the targets
  • Seer: Heals for 50% of max health, and on ending heals all near by allies for a large amount of health and blinding enemies.

I like that you're stationary and the graphics effect it is given reminds me of the clone wars ability. So I don't think you should be able to move while it's up but you could add things to it that make it more useful on collapse, like the.

Additionally I agree:
Force Mend should be off the GCD
Mind Crush should not yield pushback for TK
but, Noble Sacrifice has to be on the GCD - it has no cooldown.
Would like project to do more, so it's beneficial to use in the rotation.
I agree with everything above regarding force barrier. Very interesting ideas! Although, the additional heals to allies upon collapse sounds a bit much. Force wave has that similar effect right now, and has actually made a significant difference to overall raid/PVP allies heals. I see the point, it just lacks utility in a lot of areas.

For all specs, it is just a waste of time in my opinion. Here is how and why I use it in PVP....

Ex. Luckily I managed to survive a horrible beatdown from all directions and before casting my force barrier, I interrupted the opposing team from capping a node/ channelling the door in void star/ capping a pylon in ancient hyper gate.. Just before it ends, I interrupt my force barrier channel to knock back/interrupt the opposing team from capping again. Then I die from Smash, assassinate, vicious saber all at once.. Ok so I bought my team a few seconds to re-collect on the objective.. I don't think this is what bio ware intended, but this is the best use I've made for it in PVP..

It has ZERO solo utility in PVP if trying to survive a 1 on 1 match. It just delays the inevitable, for what? If there is a healer close by, then yes, hopefully you'll get spotted and tossed some good heals. That makes sense. For now, knuckle heads just stand there and wait for the channel to finish For a healer it has zero utility, you can't heal, raid/ team dies, then you die.. I will admit there are some great uses in PVE especially on HM OPS boss mechanics to avoid serious damage (red circle damage), you just have to move first and away from the raid...

I like the ideas you've posted about giving force barrier an additional effect per spec. How could you spec into these, or where could you add skill points if any at all? Plus how can you justify giving more damage /heals to a Sage/Sorc without making them OP in PVE or PVP?
ELLEKTRA - SORCERER DPS
<GUILDLESS>

seektravota
02.04.2014 , 01:45 PM | #213
Can you pleeeeeaase give us an "execute" ability?
Most all classes have but not sage.
Just so we can do more damage for target under 30%.
<Ghost Infantry> <The Last Centurions>

THE HARGINGER

seektravota
02.04.2014 , 01:57 PM | #214
We all love to see big numbers, especially at "execute" stage. So why don't let weaken minds have a 20% chance to let the target suffer increased damage (10/20/30%) from all of our attacks if target is under 30% health. Or something like that.
<Ghost Infantry> <The Last Centurions>

THE HARGINGER

WooduckAUS
02.04.2014 , 02:39 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by seektravota View Post
We all love to see big numbers, especially at "execute" stage. So why don't let weaken minds have a 20% chance to let the target suffer increased damage (10/20/30%) from all of our attacks if target is under 30% health. Or something like that.
Or what about "calls upon the force and activates mindcrush (50%/100%) decreased cast time when opponents health is under 30%".

This would kill 2 birds with one stone in my mind. MC has NO pushback protection AND give us some sort of execute.

Not game changing and certainly not making us op, just a nice QOL thing.

terzappi
02.12.2014 , 03:47 PM | #216
sage seer

Force Rejuvenate without cd. Reduce force cost from 28 to 15.
Using force barrier now cleans from every cd
Mental alacrity lasts 20 seconds, let the first healing skill apply without cast and grants alacrity up from 20% to 40%
Force Armor on self increases damage reduction by 10% (in addiction of telekinetic defence). Force-imbalance removed.
Casting time of benevolence reduced by 0.3 sec. Deliverance by 0.5
Force barrier, if talented, heals you up to 4% every seconds it lasts while force armor 1%
Akhen - Sage Healer Neferneferuaten - Trooper Healer
Smenkhara - Scoundrel Healer Amenophis - Guardian false tank

From 14/12/2011 to 09/03/2014. Waiting for real contents.

obiku
02.13.2014 , 12:29 PM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by terzappi View Post
sage seer

Force Rejuvenate without cd. Reduce force cost from 28 to 15.
Using force barrier now cleans from every cd
Mental alacrity lasts 20 seconds, let the first healing skill apply without cast and grants alacrity up from 20% to 40%
Force Armor on self increases damage reduction by 10% (in addiction of telekinetic defence). Force-imbalance removed.
Casting time of benevolence reduced by 0.3 sec. Deliverance by 0.5
Force barrier, if talented, heals you up to 4% every seconds it lasts while force armor 1%
i like this

magi_melcior
02.23.2014 , 03:42 AM | #218
Sage Healer. Some ideas to pick and mix from.

New 3 point talent in upper tiers healer tree. "Lowers the cast time of Benevolence by 33 / 66 / 100%"

Change the Force Ward talent so Force Armour and Force Barrier heals you for 1 / 2% instead of 0.5 / 1%

Reduce the cooldown of Rejuvenate from 6 to 4 seconds and lower the force cost to 20

Change Force Mend so it heal you for a % of your total max HP instead of a set number of HP, perhaps 30%. Also using Force Mend Restores 15% Force.

When protected by Force Armor, the force cost of all healing is decreased by 15%

Force Barrier increases Force Regeneration by 15%. In addition if Force Barrier ends early it lower the Cooldown of the next Force Barrier by 50%.
ASHES OF THE ORDER THE SITH DIS-ORDER
THE RED ECLIPSE
Visit our website

Petvin
02.23.2014 , 08:33 PM | #219
A short thought about Telekinetics tree, Would not increasing the proc chance of Telekinetic Momentum and Mental Momentum to 45% help a bit? I dislike the unreliable nature of the 30% proc chance, and sometimes it takes a surprisingly of time to proc.
The Cosmos is all that is or was or ever will be. Carl Sagan

knell
03.02.2014 , 07:16 AM | #220
Lighsaber strikes decrease force speed cooldown by 1 sec or even force wave. Pick one.