Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage Changes Brainstorming

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sythe
11.12.2013 , 01:21 PM | #121
Here is my opionion as a skilled balance pvp sage.

This dot change is a nerf to skilled sages plain and simple, our damage isn't the issue here our survivability is. Healers just cant keep us up like other classes when we're focused and locked down by skilled players (which would be fine if our squishyness was supplemented with superior damage or cc but that isnt the case). We dont need fancy new abilities we need either one of two things to give our healers a fighting chance in keeping us alive. Increased base damage mitigation by a significant amount, or a root break for our sprint(or some other survivability mechanic, I like the idea of changing sprint into a blink like others have suggested).

We also need a serious change to force barrier. Our class already gets its damage reduced enough when we are targeted due to us having to immediately start kiting because of our squishyness. How is giving us a defensive ability that completely shuts down our damage on top of that a good idea? It needs to be overhauled to either heal us, bubble burst and cc after breaking it, or allow us to move around while its active.

Like everyones saying sages do have a much higher skill cap but equally skilled players using other classes still have a huge advantage over us. Oh and come on bioware.. that thing about healing to full is rediculous, its not efficient at all to heal yourself especially as a balance sage which runs out of force within a minute of fighting if not faster. Dps sage heals shouldnt play a factor at all in you balancing our class.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
specifically for Seer and Telekinetics.
I just noticed this part in erics post. While I do agree heals and tk are in a worse spot than madness it doesnt change the fact that madness is very sub par relative to other classes aswell. Hopefully it doesnt get overshadowed.

jstyrka
11.13.2013 , 05:32 PM | #122
A few suggestions for seer spec:

1. Instant force lift

2. Make force armor heal the target for 1% per second same as self heal

3. Allow consumption of 1 stack of resplendence to make benevolence instant cast (my fav suggestion!!!)

Ardarell_Solo
11.14.2013 , 03:26 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by jstyrka View Post
3. Allow consumption of 1 stack of resplendence to make benevolence instant cast (my fav suggestion!!!)
Now THAT'S a very good one, strongly in favour!
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4

Sythe
11.14.2013 , 09:17 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Now THAT'S a very good one, strongly in favour!
That would make sage healing OP not balanced..

jstyrka
11.14.2013 , 09:27 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Sythe View Post
That would make sage healing OP not balanced..
Think it would bring us in line with scoundrels. You have still use resplendence to restore health and salvation so it couldn't be used too much. Also you can only get resplendence from a casting ability where scoundrels can get theirs from instant slow release medpack

Ardarell_Solo
11.14.2013 , 09:32 AM | #126
Think it would bring us in line with scoundrels. You have still use resplendence to restore health and salvation so it couldn't be used too much. Also you can only get resplendence from a casting ability where scoundrels can get theirs from instant slow release medpack
Case in point!
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4

jstyrka
11.14.2013 , 09:37 AM | #127
I also like the idea of making mental alacrity immune to push backs and knock backs too as we rely on casting so much. It could even reduce the time to activate mental alacrity every time you are attacked or just reduce the cool down on it

jstyrka
11.14.2013 , 09:39 AM | #128
I also like the idea of making mental alacrity immune to push backs and knock backs too as we rely on casting so much. It could even reduce the time to activate mental alacrity every time you are attacked or just reduce the cool down on it
Making you resist stuns as well would be nice

MusicRider
11.15.2013 , 04:23 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Case in point!
Totally not, benevolence heals for more and with rejuvenate has a very high chance of criting. If that happens then it would come with a considerable nerf to its healing and possibly rejuvenate.

Azeron
11.15.2013 , 05:34 AM | #130
I play a balanced sage since the release so here is how i see the balanced Sage in the future:

Balanced Sage suggestion:

1. Give and add some love to the Balanced Sage some Saber Abilities to balance between shadow and the Sage.
--- Make it middle range combat using saber and force abilities.
--- Add Niman Stance to switch and enhance melee abilities for all Sages.

2. Return the Old project Animation - it will return the player the fun of playing a sage and feel more like a jedi.
Senate Special Order
Guild Thread - Guild Site
-------------------------------

Recruiting Apply Now!