Tips for healing in HM's or Ops?

Ghostookami

I used to play wow when it came out and played religiously till about the Wrath of the Lich Kind expansion, which i then ended up quiting when it came out. My time there i only played dps classes so i wanted to try something new coming into SWTOR

i decided to be a healer. So far ive been doing great, my guild clears EV and ive odne multiple HM's successfully. Sometimes things can get really hairy though, either agro shifted or something unexpected happened when it gets more difficult to heal.

does anyone have any tips on how to maybe control a situation so that you dont lose to many people in an unexpected event? if things go crazy should i main focus healing the tank or split heal everyone else.

just tips in general would help. thanks

Generally if everyone is taking dmg, I will throw down the aoe bubble and shield as many people as I can before focus on healing the party member with the lowest health or the party member with the fastest rate of health decrease.

When clearing trash, you can afford dead dps. However, on boss fights, having a dps down can be problematic to meet the enrage timers. If it is too much, you can always let one person die so you can top the other 3 off and rez that person once things stabilize. Usually you want to keep tank alive.. so letting one of the dps die if need is an option.

Edited by Iwipe