Who's public enemy number one?

The healer who picks up the shield on Dash'roode and just stands at the first shield point healing rather than moving to the second in a supposedly "know tactics" group, the DPS who just run all over the place and through yellow circles or the tank who quits the group because of all that?

I had like three people abusing me through chat because I left a premade PuG group which clearly wasn't as advertised to be for people who knew what they were doing only, am I that bad for using my intuition to realise that the group isn't going to get that far and cut my losses early on? Not only I saved myself a lockout but me leaving and the group disbanding probably saved others too.

Yet I'm the one getting called pathetic for "leaving after one wipe" in chat, they should be thanking me.

The healer who picks up the shield on Dash'roode and just stands at the first shield point healing rather than moving to the second in a supposedly "know tactics" group, the DPS who just run all over the place and through yellow circles or the tank who quits the group because of all that?

I had like three people abusing me through chat because I left a premade PuG group which clearly wasn't as advertised to be for people who knew what they were doing only, am I that bad for using my intuition to realise that the group isn't going to get that far and cut my losses early on? Not only I saved myself a lockout but me leaving and the group disbanding probably saved others too.

Yet I'm the one getting called pathetic for "leaving after one wipe" in chat, they should be thanking me.

Sure there are different ways to complete a boss encounter but the choice of whether to stay or not is up to the individual. Nobody is keeping you there, less of course its a guild run or a run with friends but even then ;) I don't blame you for leaving because I don't see any reason why you should get saved to a run that honestly looked troubled and didn't deserve a reconsideration. Now you are more experience in knowing how 'that group' does things and won't have to bother playing with them again.

Sure there are different ways to complete a boss encounter but the choice of whether to stay or not is up to the individual. Nobody is keeping you there, less of course its a guild run or a run with friends but even then ;) I don't blame you for leaving because I don't see any reason why you should get saved to a run that honestly looked troubled and didn't deserve a reconsideration. Now you are more experience in knowing how 'that group' does things and won't have to bother playing with them again.

You mean run away and out of the shield, therefore gaining more, and more stacks until you die as well as running away from one of the healers? Not to mention the fact that nobody but the person with the shield can bring up the next...so yeah there is something keeping people there. While I see your point there are fights such as dash roode and operator on hm where 1 person can halt all progress of the entire raid.

Don't get wrong guild or PuG run I'm all for giving people a chance (this was a PuG run btw) and I've continued from wiping on the first boss many times during PuG runs but there are times where not even common sense prevails.

Add to the fact that everyone was supposed to know what they were doing as the raid leader spammed "please know tactics" when recruiting you'd think they'd at least of seen dulfy's guides even if they haven't cleared it but what we got was out of a 16 man we only had about 6 people who knew their heads from their backsides and the rest were running around like headless chickens (or not moving at all in the healer with the shield's case).

I hate people who quit perfectly completable raids (which this wasn't) halfway through myself, but you got to draw the line somewhere, unfortunately the raid leader wanted tanks more than tactics it seems from the insults he and his friends whispered me for leaving... and people wonder why there's generally a tank shortage?

The guy who just DPSes adds during Op IX in a TFB pug instead of attacking the datacores on one pull after swearing he knows the fights, then on the next attempt doesn't channel for the entirety of the yellow phase but finally figures it out, runs to the console and uses smash instead of, you know, clicking the dang thing.

The healer who, after both of these attempts, doesn't stand in the middle during yellow phase causing another wipe due to no one being able to attack the data cores.

The tank who after complaining very loudly and obscenely about the previous two, fails to stand in the middle on his orange phase causing a wipe for the same reason as the above healer.

There are no excuses for four wipes to story mode Operator IX. None at all.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

The guy who just DPSes adds during Op IX in a TFB pug instead of attacking the datacores on one pull after swearing he knows the fights, then on the next attempt doesn't channel for the entirety of the yellow phase but finally figures it out, runs to the console and uses smash instead of, you know, clicking the dang thing.

How about the guy(s) who keep dps'ing Operator while his shield is up dealing NO damage to him, yet me, as the tank, gets to watch red numbers fly above my head?

There are no excuses for four wipes to story mode Operator IX. None at all.

^ this +1

The group leader that thinks a PuG member with gear, and higher level can replace sound decision making, and mechanics knowledge.

To ALL you PuG raid organizers that think this is ok listen very carefully. THAT is the reason why seasoned veterans of this game like me who engage in end game content do not like to do PuG raids and why it is so tough for you to find enough people to do them. Just ONE raid member who has no idea how to do mechanics will kill your group almost every time.

The group leader that thinks a PuG member with gear, and higher level can replace sound decision making, and mechanics knowledge.

To ALL you PuG raid organizers that think this is ok listen very carefully. THAT is the reason why seasoned veterans of this game like me who engage in end game content do not like to do PuG raids and why it is so tough for you to find enough people to do them. Just ONE raid member who has no idea how to do mechanics will kill your group almost every time.

Everybody had no idea about the mechanics at some point. Thank god there are some people out there organizing raids and taking these people into groups since "seasoned veterans" wouldn't do that.

Everybody had no idea about the mechanics at some point. Thank god there are some people out there organizing raids and taking these people into groups since "seasoned veterans" wouldn't do that.

I run PuGs constantly, and I have no problem explaining fights everytime I raid if needs be, because I can't expect people who've never run a raid before, to already know it.

However...... just because a PuG member is fully geared in 69s from coms and flashpoints, DOESN'T mean they can just muddle their way thru say.... HM EC without explanations and strategies.

The #1 thing that bothers me more than ANYTHING in a pug, is when at the beginning of the raid, I ask "Is this anyone's first time in this Op?" and I get no answers, or everyone says "Yeah I know it".... and we wipe on the first pull because someone does something stupid, so I check their achievements, and they have IN FACT NOT DONE THE OP.

Edited by Ocho-Quatro

The guy who AoE's under the shields in HM/NiM EC, regardless of class/role.

I hate that guy.

Not AoE, but I have tab target and hit force breech to take out the shield generator. Come back in, restart fight and guild master takes it out by accidentally targeting it the very next pull. So stupid carelessness can happen to anyone even if they have been there many, many times. :p At least nether of us have fallen to the bridge boss (yet).

Still shocked my dps deprived shadow could one-shot the shield generator. Have the nerfed it where you can't target the generator now because I don't remember that being a issue that last few times I have done HM EC?

Have the nerfed it where you can't target the generator now because I don't remember that being a issue that last few times I have done HM EC?

1 or 2 attacks will kill it. It's got very very little HP, and no sort of mitigation on being attacked. So, yeah... 1 or 2 attacks max kills it.

1 or 2 attacks will kill it. It's got very very little HP, and no sort of mitigation on being attacked. So, yeah... 1 or 2 attacks max kills it.

If you hit it once itll be an issue on nim, well and hm. Everytime firebrands mortar volley hits the top, it takes damage, if someone hits it itll go down ahead of time, leaving everyone exposed. Its rather annoying. Especially when times like last night happen where the noob who has never seen ec before kills it once, I tell him not to do it again, he doesnt, but the guy whose done it multiple times takes the shield out.. -_-

At least nether of us have fallen to the bridge boss (yet).

I was leading S&V SM run for new guild members and ALT's yesterday and when I said "Be care full on the bridge, it's even called 'bridge boss', people die here" I got a series of laughs. Then series of yellow messages on the screen followed :D

I check people's achievements when they group with me, to know what I'm dealing with.

I seen another healer in TFB the other day standing by the datacores healing when it was his colour. I inspected him after the wipe and apparently he'd cleared both hard modes of S&V and TFB.

I feel for the guild that dragged him through them..

the group leader that thinks a pug member with gear, and higher level can replace sound decision making, and mechanics knowledge.

To all you pug raid organizers that think this is ok listen very carefully. That is the reason why seasoned veterans of this game like me who engage in end game content do not like to do pug raids and why it is so tough for you to find enough people to do them. Just one raid member who has no idea how to do mechanics will kill your group almost every time.

seasoned pve veterans like me hurrdurr

I seen another healer in TFB the other day standing by the datacores healing when it was his colour. I inspected him after the wipe and apparently he'd cleared both hard modes of S&V and TFB.

I feel for the guild that dragged him through them..

Was his achievements 16 man or 8 man? It's understandable if it's 16 man as it's easier to be carried in 16 than 8.

1. The person who AoEs the EC shields in HM/NiM

2. The person who gets killed by their Infernal Council member in EV

3. The person who causes wipe after wipe after wipe on Fabricator in KP

4. The Person who aggroes every single add on TFB in boss fight of the same name

5. The Person who screws up the shield in S+V

6. The person who wipes everyone in the Security Stealth fight (usually by trying to "help" another team)

7. The person who wastes their coin on Orlokk the Shadow

8. The person who gets killed by their companion in S+V (how the heck does that even happen?)

A million times this yes....

Unless it's a fresh 50... I have no tolerance for this.

Old content, that still proves to be a pug stopper... ugh

4. The Person who aggroes every single add on TFB in boss fight of the same name

Luckily, this person gets killed pretty quickly, and shame on the healer who rez's him.... you're better off shortmanning the rest of the fight.

One of the easiest boss mechanics in the entire game, and yet people fubar it constantly.... where are their heads?

6. The person who wipes everyone in the Security Stealth fight (usually by trying to "help" another team)

Basic english eludes some people. "Don't attack ANYONE ELSE'S MOBS" translates to "Hulk SMASH!!!"

This describes every single S&V pug I've ever been on.

8. The person who gets killed by their companion in S+V (how the heck does that even happen?)

That's even possible? LOL

All very good points. Couldn't agree more. My wallet is hurting just reading this list... repair bills hurt.

To add some old time classics to that:

9. The guy who pulls all the mobs on EV in the jungle just before the pylons.

10. The same guy who then proceeds to press the buttons before everyone has got there, who then either stands there and does nothing when it's their turn (on HM/NiM) or does press the button again but in the opposite way to what it was originally pressed.